Law & Order

Fools For Love

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Feb 23, 2000 on NBC

• The literture of a sociopath

As Ed Green looks at the bookcase and reads off titles, all but one, as far as I know, are based on real life sociopaths.

The only book that might not be based in realty is "Sex Killings in Victorian England". Can anyone confirm that is book is or isn't based in on actual facts?

• Take a frightening ride inside the mind of a sociopath.

While a bit atypical (most sociopaths are male), this episode is nonetheless an excellent study into violent sociopathy. It also drives home the fact that sociopaths can come from all walks of life, and that an increasing number of violent sociopaths are female.

The fact that SVU detectives Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler are brought in was the first clue to me that this was not going to be your typical L&O story, and so it wasn't. Then, the chilling scene where the victim's sister casually asks about her jewelry in the throes of the investigation into her sister's brutal murder is what took this to a "10" for me.

Call "Fools for Love" 'Silence of the Lambs' L&O style.
  • Law and Order!

When the bodies of two teenage girls are found Detectives Briscoe and Green call in extra help from the Special Victims Unit. With the help from Detectives Benson and Stabler, they find that the girls were on a trip to NYC, and that one of the girl's sister was supposed to be keeping an eye on them. What really changes the case is when they find that the sister may have had something to do with their deaths.

This was a great episode. It was nice to see Benson and Stabler from SVU helping out Detectives Bricoe and Green. It was interesting to see the storyline, because I don't think that I had ever seen an episode of Law and Order that had a female perp who was so cold hearted before this one. I just couldn't understand how she could have just offered her sister and her sister's friend up to her boyfriend like she did.