Law & Order Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

General Discussion - Any Episode

TesserT

[1]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 78
    I thought I'd create a topic for a general discussion of all episodes. This way when someone watches an episode from an earlier season & wants to talk about it - here it is. There are the discussion topics for current episodes but this is more for just basic discussion or opinions of an episode that you like...or may dislike from past seasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

slhazard

[2]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 1
    I am trying to find an old episode that involved a young boy killing himself with his mother's gun. From what I remember, I think it looked like his younger brother may have shot him but you find out at the end his younger brother was covering up the boy's suicide. Does anyone remember this episode and if so, when and what the title was.

mariska143

[3]Jan 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    There may be a Law and Order episode like this, but the description makes it sound like "Home," from SVU season 5. Sorry if that's wrong!

Palermo1962

[4]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    Is there a way to get a list of episodes by topic? I am looking for shows that deal with specific legal issues. I would be grateful for any help that this community could give. Most immediately, I need overall "Constitutional" issues, as well as such topics as contraband, public order, evidence, and juvenile law. Thanks in advance.

Carycomic

[5]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 13

Palermo1962 wrote:
    Is there a way to get a list of episodes by topic? I am looking for shows that deal with specific legal issues. I would be grateful for any help that this community could give. Most immediately, I need overall "Constitutional" issues, as well as such topics as contraband, public order, evidence, and juvenile law. Thanks in advance.

The two episodes,most relevant to today's world, that I can think of are: "Access Nation" (ep. 12-15); and last night's episode, "Human Flesh Search Engine." Both dealt with freedom of speech vs. responsibly moderated use of the Internet. Which is why I was a little surprised Cutter didn't cite the former when he was reciting all of McCoy's past personal crusades.

Edited on 03/21/2010 10:03am

Carycomic

[6]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 13

There's also Episode 4-2 ("Volunteers"), in which a trio of middle-income vigilantes are tried for the near-fatal beating of a homeless crack-head with a history of schizophrenic violence. There's one scene where a lawyer for the ACLU tells the detectives about having won an anti-discrimination suit, months earlier, in the crack-head's favor.

"Even the homeless have civil rights," he declares. And, I remember thinking to myself, when I first saw this episode:

"I wonder if he'd feel the same way if this guy started hanging out and doing drugs near little kids in _his_ neighborhood?"

Nickylucas

[7]May 24, 2010
    • level: 23

I'm looking for an episode I saw once where this murderer goes into a school and kills a bunch of children, and Mr. McCoy and those peolple try to get the death penalty on him. Then the father of one of the dead girls kills the murderer.

zipydida23

[8]May 25, 2010
    • level: 2
    Nickylucas wrote:

I'm looking for an episode I saw once where this murderer goes into a school and kills a bunch of children, and Mr. McCoy and those peolple try to get the death penalty on him. Then the father of one of the dead girls kills the murderer.

I think you're talking about episode 17x09 "Deadlock."