Law & Order Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

What happened to Fontana???

tvmaniac213

[1]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 3
    In the season premiere, Fontana is no longer Green's partner, but instead is gone completely. In the last season finale, he didn't leave and he isn't on the show this season, so where'd he go?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wilco0087

[2]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 20
    Dennis Farina (the actor) left the show over the summer. I remember reading somewhere that character retired.

WittyName

[3]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yeah, I heard the retirement angle, too. I think something a bit edgier would have been better. Was it ever explained how he had so much money. Have it revealed Joe Fontana was dirty. Use this as an excuse to introduce to new characters. Detective Nina Cassady, formerly of IAB, keeping tabs on Green, to make sure he wasn't involved. Maybe have a fellow former IAB Detective join as kind of a "Profaci" character.

I don't know if the police work like that, but oh well. It's a little more exciting than "Fontana retired".

sdho

[4]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    I always assumed he had family money. I wouldn't want Fontana to be dirty, but something more thought out than "He retired. In fact, he never existed" might have been nice ;-)