Law & Order

Innocence

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 15, 2010 on NBC

• Mike Cutter Character's developement. This episode is an opportunity to learn more about Mike Cutter's life before he becomes an ADA. A great episode. Spoiler alert!

A great episode. It starts with an arrest of a man who killed an other because he was gay The killer is convicted but the verdict is challenge by Emily Ryan, the director of "Innocence Coalition" who was Cutter's mentor. A battle opposes then Ryan and Cutter, her former student. The battle starts on juridic grounds and finishes in a very personal way, Ryan using every mean to defeat her former student. And here is the opportunity to learn more about Mike Cuter. We knew from an episode that Cutter's parents were Gipsys (I think, from one of the early episode of season 18). This episode shows us a Cutter who was a lonely student, a hard worker, and in a way a self made man .
    We also see an angry, hard Cutter, who is ready to make deals but not at any price. The actors were great (all of them, but specially Cutter, the killer and Emily Ryan), the case was interesting (not very original but I was completely in it) and very good character developement. Superb episode.