Law & Order

Rumble

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 05, 2008 on NBC

• Fun episode despite not blowing my mind. Makes me confident that Season 20 will happen yet.

Law and Order has gained new life via Jeremy Sisto and Linus Roach. The show feels more cohesive since Rene Balcer returned and scenes which feature the detectives and Connie drinking together are really refreshing. The case was so-so- anyone could have guessed that the brother of the victim would take justice into his own hands, however, the opening was intriguing. The character development between Sam Waterston and his protege 'Mike Cutter' justified the rather wild attempt to prosecute the defendents for terrorism. The writing has definitely improved since the Arthur Branch days- and the feel of the District Attorney's office strikes just the right amount of levity/seriousness such that the second half of the show is a pleasure to watch now. I'm also surprised by the fact that Anthony Anderson is holding his own about as well as anybody could replacing an actor as beloved as Jesse Martin.
WGNAMER