Law & Order

Shotgun

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 20, 2009 on NBC

• Elliot Gould guests.

7.7
    Tonight was a different kind of a Law and Order. Yes, there was a murder, but instead of the shooter being declared a villain, for the majority of the episode he was revered as a hero. Philosophical questions came into play and the thin line between what is self defense and what is not justified arose as Law and Order continues to tackle every major political issue this season.

The episode had a Do the Right Thing vibe, with Elliot Gould in the role of Danny Aiello from the classic film, although in that case it was much clearer that Aiello's character hated the neighborhood and the people in it, not necessarily the case with Gould's; that was up to the viewer to decide. Good, unique episode of Law and Order tonight. Hopefully we see more like this where things are all not all black or white.
  • Unusual...

A rather unusual episode of Law & Order. As we all know, Law & Order loves to focus on the criminals and determining the guilty party, then locking them away. But in this episode, who exactly the guilty party is becomes rather ambiguous. The acting in this episode, especially by guest star Elliot Gould is very good, and I would give it an A-. The writing is strong and gets an A. I think Law & order is continuing to pick up steam, and i have fully enjoyed every episode this season. If they keep this level of quality up, they have a good chance at renewal, and it will still be a show worth watching.
WE