Law & Order

The Dead Wives Club

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Sep 22, 2004 on NBC

• There's a name for Jack McCoy, and it's not pretty.

This was the first time that I had seen this episode, and I wasn't happy with it. I didn't like the storyline, though I am not always happy with the juries' decisions. In this case I wasn't happy with Jack McCoy's decision to prosecute this case so vigorously. First of all, the husband in the story was one of NYFD's firemen in Tower 1 who made it. His best friend didn't. To console the widow, he spent all his time with the widow who received BUCKS because of her fireman/husband, who died on 9/11. The living fireman divorces his wife and marries his best friend's widow. Then the rich newly wed/widow and rat ex-husband want to take the children from the ex-wife, who had been totally left alone to cope with the aftermath of 9/11. She didn't have a hero fireman to console her. Prior to 9/11 she had a husband that she loved and was a stay-at-home mom. Post 9/11, she lost her husband, had to go to work, put her boys in daycare, and was possibly going to lose her twin boys to the ex-husband and the witch who took him from her. The police's psychologist agreed that the ex-wife saw all of this as a continuing event tied to 9/11.

Serena and the DA wanted to cut the lady a break, but not Jack McCoy. He gets so self-righteous at times that it is more than irritating. What a jerk! I love Law and Order. I miss Lenny. But I could have done without the Jack McCoy in this story.