Lawman (1958)

Change of Venue

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Feb 11, 1962 on ABC

• After killing Judge Trager's nephew, outlaw Barron Shaw is given a change of venue, because it is believed he can't get a fair trial in Laramie. Dan has to transport him to Green River. Along the way, Shaw's gang makes several attempts to break him free.

I think Phil Carey plays a jerk in just about everything he does. I remember watching him on One Life to Live when I was in grade school, and at home with my mother. Here he plays Barron Shaw, an outlaw that killed the judge's nephew. Not too smart. However, it did get him out of Laramie for trial. The plan was for his gang to get him out. They underestimated Dan Troop. Unfortunately, Johnny had to stay behind, and only appears in the first scene. Lily is once again absent. I think she's missed three of the four episodes this week. Anyway, Dan and the two stagedrivers have to hold off the whole gang. Both of the drivers get wounded, but survived. Then we have Madeline, who was supposed to slip a gun to Shaw. However, we learned that she was promised no violence. When things get violent, she has a change of heart, and sides with Dan. Dan then encourages her to start over in Green River. John Russell gives a great heartfelt speech. He's a master at that.