Lawman (1958)

Clootey Hutter

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Mar 11, 1962 on ABC

• Clootey Hutter arrives in Laramie to pick up supplies. She stops in the Birdcage for a drink, and gets into a skirmish with the Henry brothers. Dan has Johnny take them to jail to cool off. After they get out, Paul goes looking for Clootey and gets shot.

This was an interesting episode. I thought they were going to end up similar to the one the did earlier Johnny where he was in a no win situation of not being able to draw on a woman, but her being more than willing to draw on him. Luckily, they didn't go that route, and it made for a better story. Earl got what he had coming to him for being a jerk. At least Paul, had the sense to apologize, and we were left to think that maybe he and Clootey might hook up. That's two in a row for Jack Elam where he is not playing a villain. That's a rarety for him. I liked that they had Lily try to talk Clootey into turning herself in or at the very least talking to Dan. Only thing was she wouldn't allow herself to do it. That guy that Cramer was horse's rear end. I kept somebody to backhand. I've never liked people that shoot their mouths off. He's like the kid at school that tries to get people into fights just for his own amusement.