Lawman (1958)

Cold Fear

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Jun 04, 1961 on ABC

6.9
  • U.S. Marshal Brad Turner got married, retired, and moved with his new wife to Laramie. For foes, the Quade Brothers, who still hold a grudge against him for shooting their youngest brother come looking for him. They tell Dan they want a fair fight.

I thought this was another of their episodes that while not a standout episode was still pretty solid. The story is a good one about a retired U.S. Marshal that has lost his nerve. I thought Dan put it in great perspective that he used to have only himself to worry about, now he has the wife also, and as we'd later find out a baby on the way. I also liked Dan's conversation with Lily at the Birdcage, because it gives you some insight as to why he has not tried to pursue her all the way to the altar. Kidnapping Brad's wife was especially scummy of the Quades. If her name was mentioned I must've missed it, because each time I remember her getting addressed, it was as Mrs. Conroy (the alias they briefly used) or as Mrs. Turner. Johnny was absent again this episode, with it explained as him being out of town again. It actually worked though when Dan temporarily deputized Brad to go after the Quades. The final shootout was good with Brad and one brother going at it, and then when the other brother was about to ambush Brad, Dan picked him off.