Lawman (1958)

No Contest

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Feb 04, 1962 on ABC

7.2
  • Johnny's cousin, Jeff Allen arrives from Boston. Dan notices right away, he looks like Billy the Kid. Jeff takes a liking to Elly Stratton, who he met on the stage. He gets beaten up by her boyfriend Jib. Jeff wants to fight, but has never used a gun.

At first I was kind of wondering what the subplot of Jeff looking like Billy the Kid had to do with anything, but two hours after the episode aired, it hit me. Dan explained that Billy was self taught, and that when shot someone most of the time it was in the back. Jeff got mad at Jib over Elly, and was teaching himself how to shoot. Dan was trying to stop Jeff from becoming the next Billy the Kid. The other part was for humor, over the townspeople thinking Jeff was Billy, and not wanting to fight him. I was glad that they gave Johnny an actual family member, and it was a good story seeing Johnny get frustrated with his cousin, and not knowing how to stop him, then he had to turn to Dan for help. Dan was really good at dishing out the tough love. I was also glad to see Dawn Wells in a guest spot. Forgot Ginger, I still say Mary Ann was the hot one on Gilligan's Island.