Lawman (1958)

The Barber

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Feb 25, 1962 on ABC

7.7
  • Laramie has a new barber, Sylvester O'Toole. The previous barber, Ed Carruthers, had been telling Dan for a long time that he was looking to sell. Little does Dan know, O'Toole has Carruthers tied up in the back room, and is planning to rob the bank.

Yeah, I know they've done the bank robbery bit a bunch of times. However, at least this time they put an interesting twist on it with the whole barber angle. It started off like this was going to be a comedy episode, but it turned into a drama, before finishing up with some comedy again. The episode started off with Dan arguing with Mrs. Wilson over who stole her husband's long underwear. Dan meets Mr. O'Toole, the new barber. He seems nice at first. Dan new Mr. Carruthers was wanting to sell, and his signature was on the bill of sale. Then we find out the new barber is a crook. The way he suckered Dan and Johnny into coming in for a haircut, only to wind up getting handcuffed to the barber chairs was definitely a first. I definitely expect Lily to get shot during the robbery. Though, I would have liked for them to have Dan show more concern for her well being. Unfortunately, he couldn't do anything else to the crook, because Johnny already shot him. Luckily, she was okay. I loved their little exchange where Dan brought up that it was a good thing the women wear so many petticoats. Carruthers wearing Mr. Wilson's underwear at the end was a nice touch.