Lawman (1958)

The Catalog Woman

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Nov 05, 1961 on ABC

7.4
  • Walt Perkins is getting married to a woman he met through a catalog. After Walt goes missing, Dan finds out that other men have disappeared as well. Dan goes undercover to try and catch the killer. Johnny and Lily go along for the ride.

This was an awesome episode that really put a great spotlight on the relationship between Dan and Lily. I love the scene where Lily is dictating the letter to Dan, and pouring her heart about her true feelings for him. He is completely oblivious and thinks she's just helping him right the letter to his mail order bride. I thought it was pretty funny that the bride turned out to be a man. You could have probably guessed since they never showed the bride's face until the very end. We also got to see Dan and Lily hug for the first time, and he finally sort of admitted that he has feelings for Lily too. The crook knocked Dan over the head and tried to escape. Luckily, Lily went to check on him, and was able to worn Johnny. We got to see that contest winning Peter Brown quick draw. He is fast. It's one of those don't blink or you'll miss it moments.