Lawman (1958)

The Go-Between

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Sep 26, 1960 on ABC

• Lily amd Johnny are kidnapped by a gang of outlaws. The outlaws give Johnny a concussion, and send him back to town with ransom instructions for Dan. Now Dan and Johnny have to figure out where they are and save Lily.

This was an episode that had a little of everything. Though they didn't come right out and say it, I assume trying to pass off that Johnny got a concussion from being hit over the head with the shotgun. Lily was taking care of him like he was a little brother. You got to really see some emotion from Dan when he's pacing all over the place worried about Johnny and Lily. He even got to carry Johnny back to the office over his shoulder again, showing off how strong John Russell must have been back then. It was also a cool moment when Dan wanted Johnny to stay, and Johnny said, "Oh, no. I'm goin' with ya." Johnny had a stake in this too after the way he got clonked on the head. The final shootout had Dan shooting two and Johnny shooting one of the robbers. My mother really liked the sweet scene at the end of Dan consoling Lily, and I did too.