Lawman (1958)

The Juror

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Sep 24, 1961 on ABC

• Johnny brings Bob Cawley to Laramie for trial. Dan tries to hand out jury summons, but no one will take them because of Cawley's Gang. Finally, they draw for a one juror trial, which turns out to be Lily. Dan and Johnny must keep her safe until the trial.

This was a heck of an episode. It was great to see Johnny back. I guess he missed the previous episode because he was retrieving this Cawley character. This really told the story of how mass hysteria can strike a whole town. Being from a small town, this hit home, because I know so many folks like this myself. They talk big, but when the going gets tough, they head for the hills. Dan gave a great inspiring speech about the law, and how it belongs to the people not just him to carry out. Lily showed a lot of guts taking the summons, and sure made all the men in town look like a bunch of pantywaists. She can also handle a gun pretty well. It the first time we get to see her shoot somebody. Of the five members of the Cawley Gang that tried to spring Bob, Dan got three, Johnny got one, and Lily got one.