Lawman (1958)

The Lords of Darkness

Aired Sunday 8:30 PM Dec 03, 1961 on ABC

• After the Lord Brothers kill a young Laramie resident and nearly run over Lily on their way out of town, Dan follows them to their hometown of Darkness. The boys' father, Andrew Lord, runs the town, and makes trouble for Dan.

This was a middle of the road episode. It wasn't really bad, but it wasn't really good either. It was just kind of there. It was basically by the book. The kind of episode they could do in their sleep. I was kind of surprised that Johnny didn't go with Dan since it was two men that were wanted instead of just one. I guess the idea was to get over Dan as the hero that doesn't need help from anyone, and can take down a whole army on his own if need be. I think would have made more sense to have Johnny go along, or at least join him later with a posse, especially after Dan found out the whole town was crooked. Instead, Johnny and Lily only appear in the first few minutes of the episode, Lily to get nearly run over, and Johnny just to keep the office neat.