LAX

NBC (ended 2005)

LAX Fan Reviews (14)

7.9
  • Heather Locklear and Blair Underwood do a fantastic job running LAX in this airport drama, always finding ways to disagree but still keep the airport in good running condition. The unique idea of setting the drama inside an airport easily keeps interest.

I personally think that LAX was one of the best dramas on television within the past few years. It wasn't one of 20 procedural dramas like CSI or one of the 10 new alien/supernatural based shows of the 2005-2006 season, it was its own thing. That could be why it was such a short-lived series - people like to see the same thing over and over again for some reason I'll never understand.

Heather Locklear is always a wonderful character wherever she end up. She was a strong lead in LAX as Harley Random. Her chemistry with Blair Underwood (Roger DeSouza), the co-director of LAX along with Harley, was wonderful. Their past sexual relationship in a way tainted their work relationship and Roger's relationship with his wife, but it also brought Roger and Harley closer together in a way. Through all their arguing and disagreeing, they cared for each other in a deeper way. They always found a solution to keep the airport running by the end of the episode. Their jobs weren't easy in the least, and they always let their emotions get involved in the high-intensity situations that ensued at LAX. Still they brought all this together to form something that was very intriguing and pleasing to watch.

Tony the Airline Passenger Coordinator had a fairly interesting subplot in the episodes, often working with distressed passengers, letting his emotions get in his way to come to their aid. The introduction of Caitlin as his assistant greatly increased the level of interest in his storylines. Again we have the cheesy element of a sexual relationship between the characters, which never happens in real life, but it was good drama. Their relationship was initially strained due to the fact that Caitlin's father owned the airport, but it developed nicely (well at least for awhile) and formed into an interesting and close relationship.

Moving on to Nick and Betty...I usually thought their subplots were quite irrelevant and not as interesting as the other storylines. Usually they involved Nick feeling bad for someone and trying to break the rules, then Betty gives him some advice and blah blah and then he still does something stupid anyway. Eventually his stupid actions became more stupid, ending up with him getting married to some asian lady though Betty strongly disapproved. I do think that their relationship FINALLY became worthwile by the end of the series and thoroughly enjoyed the end result. Overall not a horrible subplot. I liked how Nick was sensitive and Betty was protective and trying to help and how Nick took it the wrong way and how Betty got upset about it, but it just seemed a bit repetitive and dull.

That leaves Henry, who I really hated. His character was some LAPD officer who had a drinking problem and kept almost getting in trouble because of it. I guess this could have been an alright idea, but the execution was horrible. Henry just seemed lame, and his scenes were so boring I just hoped he'd get fired half of the time so I wouldn't have to watch his crap. But that didn't happen of course. I think his role in the show faded though as it went on...maybe someone noticed that he was boring.

Of course there were other recurring characters, and I'd have to say my favorites were Monique DeSouza and Eddie Carson. Monique loved Roger and no matter what he did, she still cared for him. She was a nice character. Eddie was goofy and sometimes annoying, but I liked his relationship with Harley. He liked her in a sexual way (of course), but she only liked him as a friend. She still embraced their friendly relationship and wasn't rude to him, and she liked spending time with him watching movies.

LAX was an overall interesting show with few holes in the plot, but for some reason not many people saw the excellence in the series, leading to it's premature demise. Thankfully the show's 13 original episodes all eventually aired (thanks NBC), and the last episode was quite like a series finale, leaving me more content than usual, but still wanting more drama between Harley and Roger and crazy mishaps at LAX.

• Bring it back!!

On of the most underappreciated shows on the air in a long time. I couldn't understand why this show wasn't given a fair chance to prove it's quality on the air. It had such a good chemistry between the characters. You felt an instant connection when you watched the problems unfold.
    And you have to love Heather Locklear, old enough to be my mother and still looking so great that I really would want to date her (and not be a shamed for it). It had the potential of becoming one of the greater shows on the air. To bad that the producers of tv shows these days only are interested in high ratings from the getgo and are not willing to give a show the chance to develop itself and create a wide fanbase.
  • This show was such a great masterpiece why did they have to cancel it?. This show was getting in such good rating's.

I love airports and traveling that is why I like this show. On a scale of1 to 500 I rate this show 499.9%. This show is so superb. This is a well made show and I've been to the actual airport that they filmed in ,it is right here in the capital city of Idaho at the Boise airport to be exact.
  • I didn't watch LAX from the start, and now I regret it.

LAX is one of the best shows I had ever discovered on television.
    Unfortunately, I hadn't watched it from the start, and caught up with the storyline at about episode six.
    Then I got really into the show.. and then it ended.
    I was just watching the last episode.. then I thought 'Oh my god. No way. That can't be.'
    It's great. But unfortunately, over.
    If you get the chance to watch LAX, then do it.
    You won't regret it.
  • Great show with wonderful actor dynamics. It's not the plot, but the great people!

Let's be honest, a person does not really watch LAX for the plot, but for the people instead. I don't mean the actors, but the characters. I know that LAX was not a comedy, but it was unintentionally funny! The character dynamics made me laugh so much, but there were serious moments and some very touching moments.

It didn't hurt that Tony was very very hot, especially when he was playing poker with his shirt off!

Touching Moments included Tony playing poker with the old guy that was dying who wanted to go to Vegas; Thanksgiving dinner at the airport, helping out the airline crew who lost their jobs because the airline went out of business.

I really wish they'd bring it back. I thought the way they ended it really left things hanging. There's so much more I want to know about Harley and her family relations, as well as Roger with his marriage.
  • The Cast Was There, The Story Wasn't

3.9
    This show had absolutly no direction and needed a lot of work. It had a good cast and could have had some potential, but it still would be very limited to what they could do with it. There is only so much you can do with this idea for a show and they didn't do it correctly. In my opinion it was a waste of time.
  • This was a great show

This should was great. I don't know why they canceled it or why people weren't watching. It was very intreging and the stories each week really helped the show progress. I wish networks would let shows try to build an audience before they just cancel it. I guess it's all about the almighty dollar!
  • The two main characters fight to keep the strict security of Los Angeles International Airport.

I really enjoyed this show, obviously I wasn\'t in the majority. I thought it was funny, well written, and well shot. I liked the chemistry between the characters. I also thought that the security of a major international airport was an interesting situation that hasn\'t really been explored on television.
  • Please bring it back. More juicy episod.I relly look forward of Heather and Blair love struck. Its a forbidden love affair but who could resit that. They seem so perfect together. After long absent from tv series, Heather look ever more stunning and sexy.

Please bring it back. More juicy episod.I relly look forward of Heather and Blair love struck. Its a forbidden love affair but who could resit that. They seem so perfect together. After long absent from tv series, Heather look ever more stunning and sexy. Yes, She and Blair rocks! m
  • Hi people

I love LAX!! It has just been broadcasted in the Netherlands and I\'ve never missed one eppisode!!! I hope It will come back!! and I\'d love to see season 2...so I hope they\'ll bring it back..!!!! Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back, bring it back to me...
  • LAX was a great show that suffered from being put in difficult timeslots and it's too bad it didn't last longer.

I miss LAX. I always looked forward to the fantastic main title sequence and "Mr. Blue Sky" and of course the episodes themselves. Heather Locklear was a great lead and her character was interesting, to say the least. I didn't like how Wendy Hoopes and David Paetku were in about as many episodes as they weren't in while some recurring characters like Eddie and what's-her-name that worked for Tony were in the majority of the episodes. "Pilot" was, in my opinon, the best episode because it had humor, something which most of the later episodes lacked. The last three episodes that were so heavily anticipated since viewers had to wait four months for them were horrible. Roger became simply disgusting and his immoral lifestyle ruined the end of the show. I did really like the ending of the series finale with Harley driving away into the sunset in her snazzy Cadillac. LAX was a great show and I'm glad I was able to enjoy it while it lasted.
  • Bring it back!!!!!

This was an enjoyable show- good escape. It was much better than some of the reality show drivel that the networks are churning out now. Even though it used the same formula as many shows have in the past (ensemble cast- TV series stars, trendy hot guys and women rounding out the cast), the setting at a major U.S. airport gave the opportunities for some different storylines. Blair Underwood & Heather Locklear had some great chemistry- I feel they could have been given some stronger storylines and better promotion (face it- this show is for women). That said, putting it against Monday Night Football didn't help it's chances- football fans are going to watch MNF, even if the games suck. I say bring it back, boost the storyline a bit, and put it on a different night such as Tuesday or Saturday.
  • Okay, here we go again with the network having no concept of what is a good show and what the public (US) want.

They did it yet again. Cancelled another show before giving it a change to work itself out. How many of the shows that have ever been on TV since it began have'nt had to fine tune or work out some bugs. If the show is not a complete flop (and if it is why did the network let it on the air in the first place?) then why not give it time to adjust? Listen to what the viewers have to say about the stories or concept and make adjustments. If this keeps up there won't be any thing left on the air for us to tune into. Just a bunch of reality shows that nobobdy really wants and plenty of "other" networks that we can tune into to for a lot of re-runs of cancelled shows and some new ones that they usually give a chance to succeed !
  • I am disappointed that LAX was cancelled. I hope that NBC would reconsider the show. The story may not be that good. But I like these characters especially Heather Locklear! NBC should get better writers!

Heather Locklear and Blair Underwood are good actors. The stories are ok. They should have been written better. The stories should really focus on securities, more customers' crisises, focus on airports. The airplanes problems shouldn't be brought up through out the story because it would put fear on people to fly in real life.