Leave It to Beaver Forums

ABC (ended 1963)

Evolution of Beavers

21timo

[1]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 50

As much as I love "Leave It to Beaver," I have a hard time watching Beaver as he gets older (toward the end of the series). The cute way he approached challenges when he was younger were hilarious; however, when he became a teenager he seemed to remain at the developmental stage of an 8 or 9 year old.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

21timo

[2]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 50
    Woops...I meant to title this "Evolution of Beaver's Character"

Canada_Michael

[3]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 10

I agree I think throughout the series they tried to keep the character the same and not let him grow-up too much which made him more annoying as he got older.

Beaver was IMHO the loser compared to Wally, Wally was good in sports and Beaver was not for example. This carried over to the reunion movie in the early 80's Wally is married and successful and Beaver is divorced and jobless and has to move back home, he always seems to get the short end of the stick.

alau53

[4]May 12, 2012
    • level: 4
    on the last season beaver did become good at sports..he was on the football team & star baseball player..remember in the episode beaver was going to aunt martha's military school because all the broxton boys did..broxton was junes side of family..the mayfield guys were upset that the beave wasnt going to be on the baseball team with them at the mayfield HS