We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Leave It to Beaver Forums

ABC (ended 1963)

'Factor TV Icon' Barbara Billingsley

fgoodwin

[1]May 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    'Factor TV Icon' Barbara Billingsley

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356617,00.html

Monday, May 19, 2008

E.D. HILL, GUEST HOST: Time for the "Factor TV Icon" of the week. Several years ago, Bill interviewed the actress whose portrayal of a perfect mom in "Leave It to Beaver" made June Cleaver an iconic character in American culture.

BILL O'REILLY, HOST: When you guys are shooting that show, did you know it was going to become this American icon?

BARBARA BILLINGSLEY, ACTRESS, JUNE CLEAVER, "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER": No way.

O'REILLY: There were three programs in the '50s that really dominated: "Father Knows Best," "Ozzie and Harriet" and "Leave It to Beaver." And what they all had was this Americana, this, you know, Norman Rockwell feel about it. Did you realize that was going on?

BILLINGSLEY: I just wish that we could have more families like those. Family is so important, and I just don't think we have enough people staying home with their babies and their children.

O'REILLY: Do you think that's why the show that you did is so endearing to people even now, because that's the way people would like it to be?

BILLINGSLEY: I think so.

[excerpted]
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

millerem99

[2]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 51
    Cool, thank you for posting that!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.