Legend of the Seeker

Extinction

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM May 01, 2010 on ABC

• Hellboy vs The Seeker

I am a little pissed that this show wasn't picked up for a third season when a crappy show like Smallville (okay it wasn't crappy when it first started but look at it now) that should have gotten the axe a long, long time ago gets renewed for a freaking 10th season but this one doesn't.

Anyway, in last week's episode we found out that the only way to read the scroll is to use a night wisp unfortunately for the gang, Rahl beats them to the forest where the night wisps live and burns it all down killing them in the process save for one; a pregnant one, and the last of its kind. Rahl uses her to bargain for the chance to use the stone of tears on the keeper, and be the hero for a change. I guess he was getting jealous and tired of Richard's fame. However the keeper is having none of it and sends Hellboy to bring back his not-so-faithful servant but fails. Of course he does. I think the writers could have made the show a lot more interesting if he hadn't, but that is just my thinking.

Kara and Kahlen on the other hand go on a little mission of their own; take the pregnant wisp to a certain remote forest, which is the only place she can give birth. Kahlen gets bogged down leaving Kara to finish the job and in the process is forced to confess that she cares for her friends. It was a touching scene and could have it been a lot better, and hotter (from a male perspective anyway) had she said she had the hots for Kahlen, but instead she loves Richard, and only because it's her job…blah blah blah. I think Kara's character could have been really used spice things up but instead is just being used as a lackey.

It is sad to see that just when the show is finally picking up some steam it gets cancelled. I have always complained that the show starting from the second season on became too slow and "happy" when it should have been much faster and a lot darker. I mean if you are on mission to save the living from the dead, you wouldn't be smiling and laughing while looking for the one thing that can stop all that, now would you? Anyway, it was a good episode, and I think I am going to get one of my wishes next week, so stay tuned.
  • Extinction

Extinction was a superb episode of Legend of The Seeker and I really enjoyed watching this episode because there was a lot of character and plot development. Darken Rahl basically forces Richard and the others to agree to work with him after he does some thing drastic. The Keeper unhappy with Rahl sends a strong armed assassin to take care of both Richard and Darken Rahl. I thought the scenes with Cara and the Night Wisp were touching and the scene where the Night Wisp gave birth was magical. I look forward to watching the next episode of Legend of The Seeker!!!!!!!