Legend of the Seeker

Legend of the Seeker: The Making of a Legend!

Aired Saturday 8:00 PM Oct 18, 2008 on ABC

• The begin was real good, have not read the book, but this the year 2009, who need a book when you get a computer, to me the only book that is great is the"bible" and this is a great story.

This is a great story, for someone to being crying about the book vs the show well is way off base, my view is that it make for those that like a show like this, what get my eye is that Lucy Lawless have hand in this, I thought that she were not acting anymore, it been a long time since I have seen her, most girl's were real crazy about at the time she was acting,hope that they keep this tv, but you know how the big boy's are in tvland if they get what they want they throw it out the backdoor.
  • Bitter disappointment in how vastly different the tv series is from the book!

If I had not read the books, the tv series may not have been too bad. Howver, having read the books, the series (at least the opener) is a huge disappointment. They have deviated from the story far too much. In the books, Kaylan does not bring Richard the Book of Counted Shadows, Richard has it memorized. The actor they chose to play Richard is puny and not an imposing figure at all. In the book Richard is a very imposing figure with an ability to intimidate others by his appearance alone. In the book, Kaylan does not find Zed, Richard brings her to Zed. Richard also loves/treats Zed like a grandfather in the book, while on this show he acts as though Zed is a crazy old man. All and all, I find that, thus far, the series is a bitter disappointment!