Legends Of The Hidden Temple Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 1995)

Dumbest Moves

map586

[1]Feb 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    What are the dumbest moves you can think of that teams did during this show?

I have two:
    1) One girl tried to force the door open with Kirk yelling to hit the button next to it.
    2) One team went between the same three rooms for about two minutes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mstrgmr

[2]Feb 18, 2006
    • level: 41
    I agree on both, and people who don't even know what to do in a room (Like not knowing how to put together a Silver Monkey)

spongegab13

[3]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 33
    Both of them.

map586

[4]Mar 1, 2006
    Someone metioned one I forgot on the GSN.com boards. One girl got the Trident in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey and then left it in the next room instead of bringing it out of the temple. She ended running out of time.

mstrgmr

[5]Mar 1, 2006
    Very stupid indeed, that episode was on yesterday, and she still could have won if she didn't go down into the Tomb of the Headless Kings, and went across the top

Tweester

[6]Mar 2, 2006
    • level: 3
    - The girl passing the pepperoni up and going down the elevator to the Mine Shaft instead.
    - The two players in the Golden Cricket Cage episode.
    - The girl in the Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman where she ran up to the Crypt and she got got caught by a temple guard and ended the game. (She was the second runner)

map586

[7]Mar 3, 2006
    Tweester wrote:

- The two players in the Golden Cricket Cage episode.

I don't remember this episode. What happened?

cutiepie2191

[8]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 50
    I agree with the Shrine of the Silver Monkey one. There was also this one kid who was in such a hurry to push the button on the Steps of Knowledge that he fell over.

BTRAV

[9]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 27

Getting caught by a Temple Guard isn't stupid because you don't know where they are. Unless that was because she wasn't following her partner's path and paid the price for it by going into the wrong room where a Temple Guard just happens to be.

Or how about still trying to figure out how to unlock a room while Kirk is shouting "all the doors are open!"

Edited on 01/26/2007 7:49am

mumbleboy

[10]Feb 20, 2007
    I remember one time that this kid picked up the Cape of... i don't really remember i saw it a couple years ago, anyways he picked it up and waved it around as if he won and didn't try to escape and two seconds later time was up

mstrgmr

[11]Feb 24, 2007
    There was never a cape as an artifact. I think you may be talking about the Golden Earring of Henry Morgan. It's the only episode I can think of where someone waved the artifact around without trying to escape.

karmew32

[13]Mar 26, 2007
    I remember this one time with the Keys to the Alhambra went back to the cave of sighs (Now called the ledges.)

mstrgmr

[14]Mar 27, 2007
    So you know, it was the Cave of Size

KCJ5061

[15]May 17, 2007
    • level: 9

Here's some kids I didn't think were too bright. 

Season 1

1. Lisa from "The Keys to the Alhambra" - Not trying the one door you didn't try and backtracking all the way to the entrance ofthe temple is such a good idea *sarcasm*... This is one of the times I wished someone ran into a third temple guard and ended the run. (Red Jaguars)

2. Ron from "The Treasure of Anne Bonny" - It shoulda been a win, but he went down the central shaft.... What a pity! (Red Jaguars)

3. The girl who looked likea boy from "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" - just....grr (Red Jaguars)

4. Justin from "The Golden Chains of Xenobia" - Ok, i'll give them that it was a hard layout, but boy was dumb. (Orange Iguanas)

5. Both kids from "The Golden Cricket Cage of Kahn" - No explaination needed. (Silver Snakes)

6. Eusinia from "King Tut's Cobra Staff" - She was easily confused. Period (Purple Parrots)

7. Kim from "John Henry's Lost Hammer" - Knocking on the doors!?!? Seriously!?!? Too bad the temple guard in the Heart Room didn't come out earlier (Silver Snakes)

8. Jackie from "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi" - I don't even wanna talk about it.... (Purple Parrots)

Season 2

1. Kim from "the Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh" - They had it in the bag and this girl had no idea where she was going! (Red Jaguars)

2. Anthony from "The Stone Head of the Evil King" - You should never be spending like more than 30 seconds trying to complete the objective of one room... (Blue Baracudas)

3. Kerry from "The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King" - I can't believe this girl never gets mentioned when talking about dumb kids. She was extremely slow and she spent the first 20 seconds of her run in the ledges because she climbed into the bottom. It took her 21 seconds to get in and out of the swamp just by walking across it. Finally the run ends with her taking a wrong turn. (Orange Iguanas)

4. Ryann from "The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman" - Other kids have made the same mistake she made, but she was the one that made herself look bad by getting taken out by the temple guard in the Crypt. This is why it's important to follow your partner's path if you don't have two full pendants (Orange Iguanas)

5. Akela from "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici" - GET THE PEPPERONI! (Purple Parrots)

6. Brian from "The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" - He pretty much lost it for his team in the first couple of seconds... and he screamed like a girl. (Purple Parrots)

7. Claude from "The Lost Lion Tail of Little John" - Not much to say besides he didn't know what he was doing.... at all (Purple Parrots)

Season 3

1. Larry from "The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley" - Couldn't assemble the monkey to save his life. (Blue Baracudas)

2. Karissa from "The Enormous Feather of the Me Lihn" - She couldn't figure out what to do in the Quicksand Bog.... THE QUICKSAND BOG! It's not that hard! Not to mention she stood still for seconds at a time and she made no effort to move faster once she grabbed the feather. (Orange Iguanas)

3. Kelly from "The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean" - "Rse4gfeer!@er2ffdsv!" .... Translation - "Open Sesame!" (Orange Iguanas)

4. Kimberley from "The Broken Trident of Poseidon" - She was doing so well until she put the Trident down... and then ran off without it.... *sigh* (Silver Snakes)

Usually when they try doors leading directly to the artifact they run into a dead end and it costs them the Grand Prize. This was common in the first season, but they still should have known that it wasn't gonna be that easy unless there's some sort of production error.(Mask Of Shaka Zulu)

Edited on 05/17/2007 3:44pm

BTRAV

[16]May 18, 2007
    LOL!

karmew32

[17]May 19, 2007

Jason from the Broken Wing of Icarus, it should've been a win, but he didn't go the right way in The Ledges.

BTRAV

[18]May 25, 2007
    Passing up the hidden half pendant when it's right in front of your face is pretty dumb too.

Miroku_of_Nite1

[19]May 25, 2007
    • level: 17
    BTRAV wrote:
    Passing up the hidden half pendant when it's right in front of your face is pretty dumb too.

Yeah, like todays episode?

Man, these kids may have been smart to get on the show, and make it to the temple. But they where the most clueless kids ever when it came to the temple run.

I wish I was on that show...

mstrgmr

[20]May 25, 2007
    BTRAV wrote:

It would help if the first person actually saw it. I would've went past it in today's episode too if I didn't find it within a few seconds.