Legends Of The Hidden Temple

Nickelodeon (ended 1995)

bjp20

Legends Of The Hidden Temple Fan Reviews (59)

• Stupid show!

1.7
    I hate it but I watched it once...Legends of the Hidden Temple was a show that aired in mid-September 1993. Kirk Fogg, the host, would be introduced by Olmec, a large talking rock in the middle of the stage. Kirk Fogg would ask Olmec what legend they'd hear about that day, and Olmec would name a historical figure and an item used by them. (i.e. Galilleo's Cannonball, The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley, the Lost Lion Tale of Little John, etc.) Kirk would then repeat what Olmec said and would then introduce the teams.
  • So stupid its funny, just not very funy

This is a show where as a kid I thought was one of the greatest things ever. But now as I watch it over 10 years later I often wondered what in the hell was wrong with me. This is ridiculous, the host is one of the stupidest people I have ever seen. I cant stand his voice nor his uber excitement over nothing. Oh and that rock face thing is just as stupid. The events were stupid, the kids were stupid, the team names were stupid, and then end event was stupid. This show was very addicting back then, but now I would rather die then watch this.
  • No one ever wins!

5.1
    I remember watching this show after school when I was younger and no one ever got to the temple! It was one of those things where I couldn't change it because of the off chance that maybe someone would win, I swear I don't ever remember someone winning, it was so frustrating but then again I doubt I watched every episode. I do remember though that the temple sets were really neat so that’s why I didn't give it a totally sucky rating plus with nostalgia and all anything you watch when you are little just seems better than stuff you watch now!
  • Okay,I think this show is okay.

This show is pretty good on Nick Gas and it's much better than that terrible Nickelodeon GUTS.I pretty much like the temple that they must do to get some prizes and they must get the thing that's the thing in the story.Well,it's kind of good,but not better than Get The Picture or Figure It Out.I mean,they have prizes,but they don't have the ads at the end of the show.Well,it's still pretty much good and it's not that bad for me.I kind of like this show and it's really better than the worst game show ever Nickelodeon GUTS and it's good.
  • Contests for kids that resemble an Indiana Jones movie.

The only reason i ever watched this show was because my cousins enjoyed it very much, we would watch it while were having lunch and from then on, i started to like it. The show is basically your contests show but aimed to the younger audiences. Things i like about the show: the big god or spirit of the forest that talks to all the contestantsand gives them the rules and other informations throughout the show. What i dont like is that the tests are not very hard or even difficult to accomplish.

A great show but it needs a little fine tuning.
  • Or, WHY doesn't DIRECTV have Nick GAS?!

7.6
    I remember watching a few game shows on Nickelodeon, such as "Legends of the Hidden Temple" and "Global GUTS." What I'm wondering is, since these shows are on Nick GAS, a digital channel, which you'd expect to be on most satellite and digital cable providers, why doesn't DIRECTV have it? They have Nick, Nick at Nite, and Noggin/The N, so why not add Nick GAS to the list? It won't kill them if they try...
  • This show is great bring it back.

7.7
    This show was great and always surprsing with new twist and things popping out at anytime it was wreckless and anything could happen. The show was so good why was it cancelled? It was The best and you can get into. Describing this show is easy it is Awsome ! !
    Bring it back!
  • I liked the voice that did the stories. That was my favorite part.

It wasn't something that you had to work your way into to like. You either liked it, or you didn't. Basically, the episode would circulate around a particular ancient story that happened (I think...) and some sort of artifact that may or may not have actually been important. (I'm sure.) The kids had to go around collecting golden peices to use in the end challenge so that when they got caught by the "Temple Guardians" they could distract them long enough to get away. Which always scared me. I don't know about the rest of you, but when those guys just popped out of the trees, I was seven and I was TERRIFIED! A really great kids show.
  • A group of teams of two compete in physical and mental tasks to try to get to the "temple games", in which two teams face off, and one enters Olmec's Temple.

LotHT was really more interesting to me as a kid than it is to me now, I'll just say that right away. I don't know if it's because of how often it's played on Nick Gas or what, but I just don't like this show nearly as much as I did - there may be well over 100 episodes, but it seems like I've seen the same 10 over and over again on Nick Gas. Still, LotHT was and still is a very fun show to watch. The set looks great, the stories are ( usually ) interesting and quite informative, and was a definitely educational and fun TV show - one of the few to do that on Nickelodeon and be successful at the same time.
  • Teams competed for the right to enter Olmec's temple and retrieve an artifact from a history story.

I started watching this show when I was in middle school since it was the only thing on while I was getting ready for school. It is a very interesting show to watch. There are six teams that compete in different events and answer questions to a history story in order to earn the right to enter Olmec's temple and retrieve an artifact. One thing I find interesting about this show is the history. You could watch this show and learn something about history at the same time. In a way, it's educational. I always found the ending stressful. Olmec's temple is very interesting, but it's kind of nerve wracking. The team only has three minutes to retrieve the artifact and get out. Most of the teams don't make it. I always thought they rigged it so the kids wouldn't be able to win.
  • The best old school kids game show of all time

I love this show so much it was the fave show when i was a kid fave game show that is back in a time where nick rocked this world to a core with shows like pete and pete saulte your short double dare and of course legends of the hidden temple this show was a little boring during the question stage but the final course was so cool i use to dream about it being able to play in this course and win which very rarely happens and get a kick a$$ prize and i woulod not have lost thats for sure i know im not the only one who loves this show it was damn good back in the day and if you have the network GAS then you can still watch it everyday
  • How did they come up with the idea for this Nickelodeon game show? It's both educational and entertaining at the same time. Even the music hard in the show is really cool. GREAT SHOW!

Legends of the Hidden Temple is one of the greatest game shows Nickelodeon has ever created. Olmec, the giant talking stone head, is the main attraction. He presents exciting legends and describes an artifect that is in the of the many rooms in the Temple.

Six teams compete to enter the Temple by going through difficult physical and mental challenges. The Moat and the Temple Games are more in the physical area, and the Steps of Knowledge is more mentally challenging because you have to pay close attention to the legend Olmec talks about. The Temple Run is the ultimate challenge. You have to navigate yourself from room to room doing the missions to unlock the door that would lead to the next room. While you try to get to the room where the missing artifect is, you must watch out for those evil Temple Guards that could take you out. The Pendents of Life you help you get past them if you have one. . Once a team member finds the missing object, all the doors are open and the Temple guards are gone.

I like the team names, Purple Parrots, Silver Snakes, Green Monkeys, etc. Legends is in the top-three best Nick GAS shows.
  • I grew up with this show

Legends of the Hidden Temple was on when I was a kid. I loved it then and I'm sure if it was ever re-tooled and brought back I'd love it now. From what I can remember, I liked the tasks that the teams had to perform and the part where they had to go through the hidden temple, I remember being very cool when I was younger. Plus, I was always jealous of the prizes that they won. Now I might not be as interested in that but I'm sure I'd like the show, even if I'm not 8 anymore.
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple was such an awesome game show when I was a kid.

Now I'll watch it every once in a while, but it gets boring. Nick Gas overplays it and I am sick of it. It starts out with 6 teams trying to make it to the temple games. Four teams make it and the other 2 get some Nesquik or something like that. Then they do the steps of knowledge. Olmek reads them a ancient story and they have to stomp their feet and answer the right question. Two teams advance, two teams get a pair of Sketchers! Then the temple games, there are 3 rounds and the first two are for half pendants of life used for the temple, and the third is for a full pendant. One team makes it, one gets a skooter or something among that nature. Then they go in the temple, and they usually lose. But when they win you are shocked! I used to love this show as a kid. I still love but kind of corny.
  • The shuh-RHINE! of the Silver Monkey...

This show was awesome. I can't remember another game show I would drop everything to go watch, and I still enjoy catching the reruns. Maybe it's because Legends of the Hidden Temple attempted to have something no other game show did: a story. In every episode the kids would hear a legend about a treasure ending up in the temple. It was total hooey but it was fun, and it gave it a little edge over other shows where the contestants just did stuff. My fondest memory is the one that makes up my little summary, of the talking stone face always over-pronouncing the name of that one room. Shows just how weird I am, I guess.
  • It's a good show..... I guess.

Legends of the Hidden Temple is a Nickelodeon Gas Game Show for kids. The host is Kirk Fogg. There are six teams, the Red Jaguars, Blue Barracudas, Silver Snakes, Purple Parrots, Orange Iguanas, and the Green Monkeys. My favorite team is either Red Jaguars or Silver Snakes. Then, I like the Blue Barracudas. I do watch this show, but I am sick of it because it is on 10 times a day. My brother watches it like 7 times a day. It does get annoying, that's why I gave it an 8.7. I liked this show before my brother started watching it, but I am really sick of it now.
  • nice one!

i used to watch this show when i was a little kd.i once wanted to participate in this game where you put your skills to the test.too bad they stopped producing eps of this series.it\'s a great show especially the part where you get to cross the temple with the talking head made of stone.you get to look for keys or scan around for some secret buttons to unlock the next room.it\'s just full of excitement.but you canfeel disappointed if the time runs out and the player does\'nt win the game.i don\'t remeber much of the show but i guarantee you that this is sch an excellent show!
  • A TV show game where people compete for the right to enter Olmec's temple so they can retrieve the lost item within the temple.

In this TV show there are six teams competing for the right to enter the hiddem temple of Olmec. To enter they must pass tough physical and mental challenges. The first part of the show is the six teams trying to cross the moat of the temple, the first four to do so will move on to the steps of knowledge where Olmec tells them a stroy and they have to answer questions about the story, the first two teams to answer four questions correctly move on to the temple games. In the temple games the two teams have to pass 3 games. 2 individual and 1 team game. In the individual games the two teams have one teamate competeing against each other the team that wins the challenge gets half a pendant of life, you need these to keep going on to the temple. The team challenge is worth a Whole pendant of life. The team thaqt has the most pendants of life move on to the temple. In the temple the team has 3:00 minutes to get the item out of the temple but there are myan temple guards within the temple that can take the pendants and if they catch you without a pendant then they are taken out of the temple and it is the other teamates turn to try and retrieve it.
  • Loved this show as a kid.

Great show.
  • awesome nick game show

This was definately one of the better nick game shows out there. It is second only to double dare. The events were always cool to watch, and the story told could be pretty interesting, too sometimes. I also liked all the different types of teams there were. Go Blue Barricudas! The temple itself wasn't a bad watch either. This was actually the only game show I ever wanted to on! The only bad thing I can think of about this show is that the prizes were really cruddy. They definately could have done better with them. That doesn't stop me from wanting the show aired again!
  • Was one of my favorite game shows. I think if this show, and other classic game shows were on today, then I think Nickelodeon can be saved from utter destruction.

This was my favorie show back when I was around 7. In those days, Nickelodeon was a masterpiece. All of the best classics were on at that time. Now, today Nickelodeon is crumbling apart. All of the best game shows never really run anymore on Nickelodeon. This upsets me because the game shows were alot more entertaining than the cartoons. Today, Nickelodeon mostly plays cartoons. Most of these cartoons are great, but only less than half of them play today. I really want Legends of the Hidden Temple back on TV. When it came on around this time last year, I was exstatic. I would always get up early to watch this show. I like the gameplay, and stories. Olmec tells the stories very clearly, and they are enjoyable. I actually learned a couple of things from these stories. My favorite team was the Purple Parrots, they were not as good as some of the teams, but I still enjoyed them. I wish I could've participated in the show, I think I would have had a great time playing, and making friends. The bad thing is this show did not last long last year. It only played for about 2 weeks, then never played again. I was furious. PLEASE Nickelodeon, put this show back on TV, I really miss it.
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple is one of the few shows that Nick had that were both non-animated and interesting to watch at the same time. Kirk Fogg was great as the host, and as always, Olmec provided killer advice for the temple.

The reason why I say that this show is "Underappreciated" and not asking it to be "Brought Back" was because as I watched some of the later shows in 1995, I noticed that the audience was not as excited and enthusiastic about the show as they were in the first and second years of the series. My favorite part of the show is always the end, whether it's somebody who has no clue where they are going and you're yelling at your TV, "Go that way, That way!" or you're watching somebody who is just dominating the temple and finishing it with more than a minute left. My favorite two episodes, are where the Orange Iguana's won the temple right as the clock hit 0:00. I recall the kid diving down what few stairs he had left to make sure that he was across before time ran out. I really miss those exciting finishes. Actually, the next best thing would be those heartbreakers, where they were so close to winning but were just a few feet away. I do wish they would put this show back on TV and air the re-runs for all to see, but I would not be in favor of them re-making the series, like Nick did for GUTS.
  • umm... interesting

i used to love tis show... i remember getting from school everyday and my bro and i would just run to the tv and demand to have our luch there just so that we could watch it while we ate.. we used to choose the team we'ed "support" and everything... then the day came when we got the chance to be in the show.. i was a blue barracuda haha very funny... we got to the elimination rounds but didn't get enough tokens to get in the temple.. but we still won a few prices... i don't know why i liked it so much... plus- the head is crepier in person!
  • I thought that I can only get on tilt when playing poker. This movie has the same effect...oddly.

I thought that I can only get on tilt when playing poker. This movie has the same effect...oddly. This is definitely a pleasant surprise. I will surely look forward to more of Legends Of The Hidden Temple from now. It just shows you that on any given day, you can discover something refreshing and new. Lucky moi.
  • Legend of the Grand Gameshow

Legend of the Hidden Temple is some of the best gameshows from Nickolodeon. Sadly, it is no longer on the air. But when it was, it was a sight to see. Kids had to use their strength and smarts to solve puzzles, continue towards the temple, and collect prizes worth a lot. I regret that I am too old to partisipate in this, but I still love this series. This is just one of the many gameshows that desires to be resurrected. People want kids to get out and become active. Well, this gameshow will help them do just that.
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple

I love this show, I used to be able to watch it on Gas but we dont have digital any more, my favorite team was the green monkeys, mainly because my favorite color is green, I liked all of the games and the temple rooms where neat, ole mac was cool very knowledgeable,My favorite nick game show.
  • Educational and Interesting

Very interesting show about the past! Quite awesome
  • A classic. Should also be on Game Show Network, or Discovery Kids! (if they get premission from Nickelodeon)

This is a fun game show and you will get hooked to it! Game Show fans will love this! Very enjoyible! Someone who thought of this had a great idea! Very educational on history at sometimes. Bring it back on Nick! Direct TV dosen't have Nick GAS. Only the others.
  • Great show about guys in costumes who take kids from temples!!!

Every part of this show was great. I love the ending it was the best. My only really big dislike about it is that the kids were some of the dumbest kids that they pulled off the streets. I remember sitting there yelling at the television telling them where to go even though they couldn't hear me. I really like this show and they should definetly bring it back. Kirk Fogg was a dork.
  • great show

I remember watching this show when I was young, and for years all I ever wanted was to be on it. Sadly, no such luck.

This was a fun show that kept me and a million other kids coming back every week. I'm afraid I'll have to correct a previous reviewer that this show consisted of six teams and four rounds, not four and three. To trim the fat down to four, the teams had to cross a "moat" using some cleverly named "ancient" apparatus. Once across, four teams would listen to a giant stone head tell them a "legend" (normally a story from history, occassionally mythology), and answer questions on it. The crux of the game was an object from the "legend" placed in the temple. After that, the two remaining teams would do battle against one another to enter the temple. Prizes were won if the team retrieved the object.

Whenever I flip around and see reruns of this, I smile and remember my younger days. While this show of course won't have such meaning for anyone else who today watches it, it's always fun to suspend reality and root along something that happened 5-10 years ago. This show would still work if it were produced today (the target audience wouldn't care about repetition) just as it did then. A nostalgic show for me, a nice time for virtually anyone.
< 1 2