Legends Of The Hidden Temple

Nickelodeon (ended 1995)

bjp20

Legends Of The Hidden Temple Fan Reviews (59)

• A show where 6 teams of 2 kids compete against each other in ancient trivia questions and other obsticals.

I like this show because it was unique in it's own special way. It had sports and trivia and i liked the way the kids had to work together to get what they want. The temple was the best part of the show. It was cool when people won but kind of disappointing when they lost. I watch it everyday on Nick GAS and I used to watch it on NICK back in the mid-90s.
  • Or, WHY doesn't DIRECTV have Nick GAS?!

7.6
    I remember watching a few game shows on Nickelodeon, such as "Legends of the Hidden Temple" and "Global GUTS." What I'm wondering is, since these shows are on Nick GAS, a digital channel, which you'd expect to be on most satellite and digital cable providers, why doesn't DIRECTV have it? They have Nick, Nick at Nite, and Noggin/The N, so why not add Nick GAS to the list? It won't kill them if they try...
  • One of the best game shows of all time.

This is one of my favorite classics. The show was just OK until the end which I've always known as the most exciting 3 minutes in television. Two people had to run through a large temple inhabited by the dreaded temple guards in order to find a treasure. They had several puzzles on the way. It was always fun to sit at home and watch the contestants try to get through. Most people thought that they could do better. It was sad when a team got the treasure and couldn't get out. This was a great show. I was watching this show every day on Time Warner Digital Cable but we switched to DirectTV and they don't have Nick GAS. I wish they did!
  • This is a game show where several teams of two competed to make it to the temple at the end of the show where they had to find the treasure mentioned in the legend at the the beginning of the show

Where to begin. I started watching this show some 10 odd years ago. I was automatically hooked. I ran home every day just to see if the treasure would be recovered from the temple at the end of the show. My absolute favorite team is The Blue Barracudas who most of the time had a good team.

At the beginning of the show there were six teams of two and they had to cross the moat by doing something like paddling in a tire or climbing across a rope. The first four teams to make it across moved on to the steps of knowledge where the legend was told. Teams had to answer questions about the legend they were told. Every time they got one right they would move down a step. Only the first two teams that made it to the bottom moved on to the Temple games. There were three temple games and each time you won one you got a half or full pendant and at the end of the Temple games the team with the most pendants went to the temple. If there was a tie there was a tie-breaker qusetion which awarded no pendants. The team that won went to the temple to get the treasure. They had three minutes and there were 12 rooms. In three rooms there were temple guards ready to spring out and take a pendant. If the kid didn't have a full pendant he was taking out of the temple for the other kid to try to retrieve the treasure. If the treasure was reached, all the doors were unlocked and the kid had to get out before time expired. If they got out with the treasure in time they got prizes like a trip to Mexico and what not.

I remember how sad I was when they stopped airing LotHT. But when I found Nick Gas all those good memories came back. Nick Gas is a channel on Dish Network and some cable companies. If you have a chance to watch this show you will become hooked like me.
  • I loved this show!

Legends of the Hidden Temple was my favorite gameshow on Nickelodeon. I don\'t know what it was that I like about it so much but I loved it and I still love watching it on Gas when I get the chance. Each episode had a different story and it was always fun. My favorite part of the show was at the end when they went into the temple. It was like a rush watching it lol. You never knew when a temple guard was going to jump out. I did and still do yell at the screen when the kids are in there telling them to hurry up or go a different way. This show is awesome.
  • Six teams of two kids, competing in physical and mental tasks to compete in the most exciting end-game in kids gameshow history.

Choose one cancelled show that I could bring back, and it would be this! The tracks in the back fit the show perfectly, Olmec is cool and the set looks spectacular. At the beginning of the show, Olmec mentions a historic figure and an item used by them. From a creative moat crossing, to hearing the legend and answering questions about it at the Steps of Knowledge, to the immaginative Temple Games, to the climax of the show in the fast paced Temple Run, this show will have you watching from beginning to end. There were just two problems: the prizes needed to be better, and the host was lame. Fix those two problems and update the show, and it will become an instant favorite all over again, just like it was when I saw it for the first time in 1993.
  • Legend of the Grand Gameshow

Legend of the Hidden Temple is some of the best gameshows from Nickolodeon. Sadly, it is no longer on the air. But when it was, it was a sight to see. Kids had to use their strength and smarts to solve puzzles, continue towards the temple, and collect prizes worth a lot. I regret that I am too old to partisipate in this, but I still love this series. This is just one of the many gameshows that desires to be resurrected. People want kids to get out and become active. Well, this gameshow will help them do just that.
  • I grew up with this show

Legends of the Hidden Temple was on when I was a kid. I loved it then and I'm sure if it was ever re-tooled and brought back I'd love it now. From what I can remember, I liked the tasks that the teams had to perform and the part where they had to go through the hidden temple, I remember being very cool when I was younger. Plus, I was always jealous of the prizes that they won. Now I might not be as interested in that but I'm sure I'd like the show, even if I'm not 8 anymore.
  • This show is great bring it back.

7.7
    This show was great and always surprsing with new twist and things popping out at anytime it was wreckless and anything could happen. The show was so good why was it cancelled? It was The best and you can get into. Describing this show is easy it is Awsome ! !
    Bring it back!
  • Great show about guys in costumes who take kids from temples!!!

Every part of this show was great. I love the ending it was the best. My only really big dislike about it is that the kids were some of the dumbest kids that they pulled off the streets. I remember sitting there yelling at the television telling them where to go even though they couldn't hear me. I really like this show and they should definetly bring it back. Kirk Fogg was a dork.
  • Im so glad ive got digital, i can watch the classica gameshow i grew up watching.

Legends of the hidden temple was and STILL is a personal favorite, i was SO mad wen they took that, GUTS, and double dare 2000 off the air. I strived from watching nickelodean again.

Luckily i got digital cable and now i can watch it all the time, with OTHER favorite classic nick shows that i loved. How coul;d they ever cancle such great shows man?!
  • Please bring this back!

This is a fine example of a show Nick cancelled for no good reason. This was one one of my favorite shows when I was younger. The ideas on this game were very brilliant and so was the maze of the temple. Nickelodeon was stupid for cancelling this show of pure brilliance! Bring back the men in the suits, bring back the talking stone head thingy. Bring the show back! This show was a gem and it still is to this very day.
  • I miss this show! But now I get to watch it on GAS!

Definitely a childhood favorite. But now that I can see it again after all these years I can look at it differently. Like, Olmec getting pissed when interrupted during the Steps of Knowledge and the fact that he's voiced by Dee Bradley Baker and does all the voices. Kirk is a nerd and some of the Legends are sketchy. Otherwise, it's great.
    My fan fic of Genghis Kahn's helmet is way better than the original!!
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple

I love this show, I used to be able to watch it on Gas but we dont have digital any more, my favorite team was the green monkeys, mainly because my favorite color is green, I liked all of the games and the temple rooms where neat, ole mac was cool very knowledgeable,My favorite nick game show.
  • Best Game Show on Nickelodeon Ever.

This is by far Nick's best game show ever. Sure, Mike O'Malley (Guts, Get the Picture, etc.) was a great host, as was Marc Summers (Double Dare, etc.).
    However, nothing had it all like Legends. Kirk Fogg was the perfect host... he really got into the show, and didn't hesitate to use some humor towards some of the not so bright contestants, and the storyline was a great idea for the game. I remember well the Moat, the 6 teams, and the final temple run. It was just amazing
  • You honestly need to put Legends of the Hidden Temple back on the air. Some of us dont have either comcast or direct tv, and really would like to watch this show. i mean, i live for this show. All of the shows on Nickgas, are amazing. bring them back!

Legends of the hidden temple is one of the best game shows/shows ever that i have watched. I have to go to my grandparents or my friends house though to watch it becuase they have either comcast or direct tv. I dont have that, and i wish this show was back on cable. I bet you people would be watching it, i talk about all of the tv shows on nickgas: guts Legends of the Hidden Temple, Figure it out, and more, but all of those, we all like to watch. Bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple. maybe that and GUTS. PLEASE.
    thank you!
  • Best Nick game show ever!

I love this show! This was one of my all-time favorite shows growing up, and I want them to remake it! Six teams compete to get across the mote. Four advance and go to the Steps of Knowledge. Two advance from there to go into the Temple Games to earn Pendents of Life. One team makes it into the temple and gets a chance to win fabulous prizes. The six teams are the Red Jaguars, Blue Barricudas, Green Monkies, Orange Iguanas, Purple Parrots, and Silver Snakes. Thank you for listening to my opinion about Legends of the Hidden Temple. :)
  • A classic. Should also be on Game Show Network, or Discovery Kids! (if they get premission from Nickelodeon)

This is a fun game show and you will get hooked to it! Game Show fans will love this! Very enjoyible! Someone who thought of this had a great idea! Very educational on history at sometimes. Bring it back on Nick! Direct TV dosen't have Nick GAS. Only the others.
  • Best game show.

You honestly need to put Legends of the Hidden Temple back on the air. Some of us dont have either comcast or direct tv, and really would like to watch this show. i mean, i live for this show. All of the shows on Nickgas, are amazing. bring them back! Nick you rocked with this show.
  • i would really like it if you brough Legends of the lost temple back onto normal programming. if you brought it to a channel i had, i would watch it often.

i loved this show. i used to watch it every day after i got home form school. i see that it is still on Nick\'s GAS, but i dont have GAS so i cant watch it. but i promise you if u put it on a station like Discovery kids or even normal Nickalodian i would watch it every day several times a day. this was show entertainging and i even learned thing form it. you need to put it back on the air, on a station everyone has. i know a few of my friends would watch it if they could. even my parents used top watch this with me. this show was fun and inventive, yes you might have to show re-runs, but since they havent been seen in a long time, no one would remember them anyways. and if you really wanted to try hard im sure you could re-build the set and get a new olmec and a new host and make some new episodes. this show is way to much fun to take off the air, or a put on a channel that almost no-one has. you really ought to bring it back.

Erin C.
  • Six teams played a game. Then the top four teams after that played on the Steps of Knowledge. Next, the two remaining teams played the Temple Games. Then the winning team had three minutes to get the Legend Item and come back out.

I love this show. It stopped airing when I was four. I hope it comes back, because I really want to go on it. I hope it can be brought back. I give this show two thumbs up! The reruns they have on are cool, but I would love to see some new ones, you know. In fact, Legends is fixing to come on. I watch it every day it\'s on. Legends is the most awesome game show I have ever watched. Once again, I plead that you please bring this show back on the air.
  • So stupid its funny, just not very funy

This is a show where as a kid I thought was one of the greatest things ever. But now as I watch it over 10 years later I often wondered what in the hell was wrong with me. This is ridiculous, the host is one of the stupidest people I have ever seen. I cant stand his voice nor his uber excitement over nothing. Oh and that rock face thing is just as stupid. The events were stupid, the kids were stupid, the team names were stupid, and then end event was stupid. This show was very addicting back then, but now I would rather die then watch this.
  • I thought that I can only get on tilt when playing poker. This movie has the same effect...oddly.

I thought that I can only get on tilt when playing poker. This movie has the same effect...oddly. This is definitely a pleasant surprise. I will surely look forward to more of Legends Of The Hidden Temple from now. It just shows you that on any given day, you can discover something refreshing and new. Lucky moi.
  • The greatest Nickelodeon game show i'v ever seen and it beats the other Nickelodeon game shows.

Why did Nick cancel this show? it was one of my favorite nick shows ever! It also kind of scary when a temple guard pop out of nowhere and you didn\'t know what room he would be in. My favorite part of the show is when they do the steps of Knowledge because I would watch the show and answer the questions. Now, I can watch it everyday because I\'d got cable last month on my birthday. I think they should bring it back to nick because it\'s a cool game show.
  • Why would you get rid of such a classic.

Legends of The Hidden Temple a classic team work competition. I never did get a chance to compete in this competition like I always wanted to. Through this I learned a lot about history. I remembered when I was a lot young me and my friends would go and pretend that we were on the show. But we said that we did this to train so we could win in that game show. When I heard that it wouldn't be aired I was sad. I mean it was an awesome show, how anybody could not like it! It was amazing it added a sense of danger to all that they did. It also taught kids teamwork and showing them that they can accomplish anything they want to but sadly it would for me...
  • My favorite game show.

Along with a bunch of other shows that held my intrest as a child, Ledgens of the Hidden Temple is the best game show. I think its a very educational show for kids of all ages. I would watch this show everyday making no exceptions. My favorites teams were always The Blue Baracudas, The Green Monkey, The Purple Parrots, and The Silver Snakes. Whenever it was the 4 of them on the steps of knowledge I always root for the silver snakes. I think this show is great it should have never been cancelled and I continue to watch reruns of this show each day on Nick GAS
  • This was Nick's best game show ever. Getting rid of it was one of the many steps that made Nickelodeon the horrible channel it is today.

The Red Jaguars, Silver Snakes, Purple Parrots, Orange Iguanas, Green Monkeys, and Blue Baracuudas compete in a series of games based on an ancient legend that changes each episode. Then it ends wih a temple of 15 rooms each with a puzzle to open the next door, Temple guards expecting you to pay pendants, and a treasure sealed in one room. This was a fantastic game show wich not only is educational, but looks very fun, has sweet prizes, and kicks @%# so hard the foot gets stuck in the %^*#. I wish I was old enough to compete when it was still on.
  • AWWWWWWWWSSSOOOMMEEE

Man that show was so so so so so so so great when I grow up i want to make a place where i can make a version of all the great shows from back then Legend of the hidden temple. Guts, Figure it out and lots lots more that i can not even remeber it will be great and ill get rick and but a laser and take over earth oh did i say that out loud he he would you please for get that on my behalf thanks well that it the end of my review good bye.
  • A game show with a cool opstical course!

This is the best game show in the whole world!!!! I love it! One good thing is it is all about excersise (which is something that now a day kids need!) But they were so cool! I remember as a kid wishing that I could be one of thoes kids, but I never was! But the best part of the whole show was the end when they got to go in the temple! It wasen't a real temple but it was much cooler! They would do all sorts of obstacles to get to the finish! Now that I think about it I don't remember anyone finishing.
  • man i loved this show!

this show is so good! i mean i remember when i used to catch the reruns of this show early in the morning. i never seem to get tired of this... its so fun! i also remembered a time when i used to imagine i was a contestant... you know looking for the treasure in the temple! but is it that suprising when the temple guards catch you, i mean all the contestant seemed so shocked or something. in any case this has got to be one of the most entertaining shows!
< 1 2