Legion of Super Heroes

Dark Victory (2)

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Apr 05, 2008 on The CW

• When I saw this episode and thought Superman dead, I actually cried, sadly. I had not seen the episode before cause I accidentally slept through it, but this was a very touching episode for me.

When I saw this, I was moved to tears at the very beginning, where they have their last respects for Superman. It was also a touching thing to see that they were right by Earth and let his coffin out by the Sun.
    When I saw Kell-El saying, "I can't believe he's gone. I just can't believe he's actually gone." I was touched, until he revealed he was talking about Empirex. The next dialouge made me both shocked and confused and somewhat happy..

Kell=El: "I don't expect you to understand, but my life's only purpose was to destroy him. And now that that has been taken from me by someone else...I just feel so useless." Timber Wolf: "Well I guess that's it then? You might as well just pack it in now, nevermind that Brainiac 5 is out there and we've got to--"

Kell-El: "I've seen the future. Brainy wins. There's nothing we can do to stop him!"

Timber Wolf: "You can try! Or are you going to walk out on the Legion, like a coward?"

Kell-El: "How can I walk out on something I never was a part of?!" *Seals Timber Wolf up to his neck in Kryptonite-like Crystals*

Timber Wolf: "You may have Superman's DNA, but you sure don't have his spirit!!" Kell-El: *Turns to respond then...* "Aaah!" *Clutches his head and falls to his knees, whatever it is passing after a moment* "Wanna bet?"

This part had me confused, but it was a great moment between the two...

Later on when Kell-El gets to Superman's Coffin right as it's melting that made me warm and fuzzy inside. I loved how they were able to get a transfusion working after Kell-El collapsed on landing on the Legion Ship.
    The Transfusion part again made me smile, yet when Brainiac 5 conquered both the World that looks like Hawkman's people, and his home planet, that was both epic and cruel..

Though lastly I have to say my ultimate favorite part of the episode was the part where both Superman and Kell-El enter Brainy's mind and combine into Supreme Superman, putting up one hell of a fight with Brainiac 1.0 and Ultimately bringing back Brainy 5 right as Supreme Superman would have been killed, or worse.

That's my take on this episode, and I give it a perfect 10!

Though, is this the series finale? Cause the way they have it the 'Evil' Braniac can surface as a villan continual at any time..