Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

"Dark Victory" teaser

theportal

[1]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boDNm_rFpeM

I have a theory on how the season will end...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Either:
    1) Brainiac eventually comes around and dies a heroic death to save one or both Supermen, mirroring the training sequence at the beginning of the season premiere.
    2) Even more tragically, he dies as a villain trying to kill the others, which would mean that he doesn't go down in the heroic way he's always wanted to (as indicated by the training sequence, again).
    But I'm sure he'll die. He's a robot, after all, so they can get away with it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    Sad isn't it.

theportal

[3]Mar 25, 2008

Images from "Dark Victory part 1":

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=103

Emfrbl

[4]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    The preview pictures are a lot less plot giving away then previously. If not for the spolier summery, you'd think this was another generic episode. Only the image of B1 gives anything away. :/

maya14belle

[5]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    theportal wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Either:
    1) Brainiac eventually comes around and dies a heroic death to save one or both Supermen, mirroring the training sequence at the beginning of the season premiere.
    2) Even more tragically, he dies as a villain trying to kill the others, which would mean that he doesn't go down in the heroic way he's always wanted to (as indicated by the training sequence, again).

I cannot bear it if Brainy dies, both good or evil.

Emfrbl

[6]Mar 26, 2008
    I'll post the images from the preview vid tonight... They won't be top quality (I'm unstretching the squeezed out preview images afterall), but if anyone wants them , they'll be there.

swtt

[7]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 18
    maya14belle wrote:
    theportal wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Either:

I cannot bear it if Brainy dies, both good or evil.

Agreed, I couldn't either.

snakeguru

[8]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 3

>I cannot bear it if Brainy dies, both good or evil.>

Me niether. I'll go all 'anime tears' if he does!

Emfrbl

[9]Mar 26, 2008
    Make the preview picture posts tomorrow... I have to reinstall my art software after I told it to do something and bugged it. ^-^'

dOMITUPSYK

[10]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Emfrbl wrote:
    Make the preview picture posts tomorrow... I have to reinstall my art software after I told it to do something and bugged it. ^-^'

XD I know the feeling. "Error: User has overworked me, and I am passing out. Programs will shut down, and just for this, I'm deleting your unsaved work."

NUUU TEH BRAINEH CANNOT DIEEEEEEEE!! *glomp*
    Brainy: Okay...
    Rest of Brainy Fans: *joins in glomp*
    Brainy: CANNOT... BREATHE...

Fekul_the_Baby

[11]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    We know from "Fear Factor" that Brainy keeps a backup disk of himself...so wouldn't he be able to replace the 1.0-infected data? Also, another preview showed the Brainiacs quite peacefully playing chess together--either a dream sequence or a surreal visual metaphor for Brainy's inner struggle (which oddly reminded me of that SEINFELD episode where Jerry's brain plays chess with his wiener--you have to kind of see that one yourself to believe it).

Seeing Brainy walking towards Imperiex as if to join him may now explain Kell's initial antipathy upon their first meeting...though Kell himself created the time paradox that brought the two together, as well as introducing the psychopathic Terra-Man into the present time stream, vaporizing a Trip, and a number of other anomolies--so he should probably be mad at himself.

Emfrbl

[12]Mar 27, 2008

spacehttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/1003/emfrbl/Legion/ Where I'm placing snaps from the preview. Enjoy, sorry for the bad quality, but I explained earlier, some of the quality was lost when they squashed the image to show the preview alongside the credits. Some came out suprisingly better then others though I note.

Edit:

Watch this space.... Internet connection problem. Their going up as I get them up!

Edit: All up now
    Edited on 03/27/2008 4:07am
    Edited 2 total times.

theportal

[13]Mar 27, 2008

More images from "Dark Victory part 1": http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=106

BTW, it's possible that Brainy's alliance with Imperiex may only be temporary; if he truly becomes like his ancestor, he will kill Imperiex in the blink of an eye. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how part 1 ends.

Avearia

[14]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 14

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    We know from "Fear Factor" that Brainy keeps a backup disk of himself...so wouldn't he be able to replace the 1.0-infected data? Also, another preview showed the Brainiacs quite peacefully playing chess together--either a dream sequence or a surreal visual metaphor for Brainy's inner struggle (which oddly reminded me of that SEINFELD episode where Jerry's brain plays chess with his wiener--you have to kind of see that one yourself to believe it).

Seeing Brainy walking towards Imperiex as if to join him may now explain Kell's initial antipathy upon their first meeting...though Kell himself created the time paradox that brought the two together, as well as introducing the psychopathic Terra-Man into the present time stream, vaporizing a Trip, and a number of other anomolies--so he should probably be mad at himself.

I thought about the backup disk possibility, but I remembered that right before Brainy entered the chamber in "Fear Factory" was when he made the disk. He likely doesn't keep a backup disk just lying around anywhere, since if someone got their hands on it, there might be two Brainy's at once... O.o... but that also means that he probably didn't make a new disk of himself before he took the 1.0-infected data into his mainframe. And, of course, this means that if he were to duplicate his data now, it would still be hardwired for the 1.0 problem...

Oh, and the Kell thing. I have been wondering about that, too. *spends too much time thinking*... Kell was suspicious of Brainy before Imperiex escaped into the past. That is, he knew exactly what Brainy was going to do in that timeline. But then Imperiex escaped to the past--not part of the plan. It probably screwed up the whole 31st century timeline alltogether! So I'm guessing Kell won't know how this ends, either...

But, in time-space paradoxes, it argues that if Brainy didn't team up with Imperiex in Kell-El's timestream (BEFORE Imperiex went to the past,) what did Brainiac 5 DO to deserve Kell-El's distrust?... *this probably makes no sense whatsoever. I hate talking alternate timelines over the internet. it always turns out abstract...*

Emfrbl

[15]Mar 28, 2008
    Well, all I'm gonna say is Kel-El said those things based on what he knew from his era... However, he has learnt to trust Brainy, he knows who Brainy is now. Maybe that will be the deciding factor.

I'm wondering if they'll do to B5 what they did to B8 in her storyline. She transform herself from andriod to flesh (in her future B6 was suppose to have been the last flesh Brainiac, after that all Colu because androids), but trouble is it killed her in the process.

dOMITUPSYK

[16]Mar 28, 2008
    O_o How the heck many Brainiacs are their, and what are their names? (I know the first 5, but we all know I think I know something, and then find out otherwise. :/)

Emfrbl

[17]Mar 29, 2008

Brainy's Family:

-Vril Dox (B1)

-Vril Dox 2 (never mentioned as B2, but presumed and was suppose to be.. However, later they wrote B1 had managed to get in someone else's mind, they called themself "B2")

-Lyrl Dox (Never actaully called B3, but name was given once to Vril Dox 2 as a possible name for the kid)

-Kajz Dox (B4, orginal storyline, father of B5, died when B5 was young)

-??? Dox (B4, 2nd storyline, mother of B5, abandoned Brainy when he was born)

-Querl Dox (B5, orginally greets himself as the fifth generation Brainiac... )

-B6 (no other details, according to B8 B6 was the last flesh + blood Brainiac)

-Indigo (B8, never given as being related to Brainy,but was created by B6 to endear the superhero community... Sent back in time to Kill Dianna Troy so Colu could rule all organics when Infinate Crisis was over)

-B13 (My knowledge on his storyline is limited...)

-B417 (from Leg.1,000,000 Heck knows, he was just an elseworlds character)

Edited on 03/29/2008 5:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

dOMITUPSYK

[18]Mar 29, 2008
    Really? I thought it was Vril Dox, Vril Dox, Pran Dox, Kajz (how is that pronounced, BTW? Like it's spelled, or like a foreign pronounciation? [IOW, is it "Kajz", or "Kayts", or "Kayz", or "Kaiz"...???]) Dox, and Querl Dox. But as I said somewhere else, I usually think I know something, harping on my knowledge to become an expert, only to find out I was misinformed and no closer to the knowledge I sought. :/ Stupid gullible me. (Stupid Wikipedia for not making sure it's data is correct.)

Emfrbl

[19]Mar 29, 2008
    I'm guessing "Pran Dox" was rewritten into "Lyrl Dox" during the L.E.G.I.O.N comics during the late 80s/early 90s (I though there was one beginning with "P" somewhere... :-/). Lyrl was self-named after a L.E.G.I.O.N. member who died (can't remember the name but it was Dark Lass/Umbra's ancestor).

dOMITUPSYK

[20]Mar 29, 2008
    @_@ No wonder everyone gave up reading the (old) comics- there's no way to tell who's who anymore. And what "boot" was (DX) the cartoon going by?