Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Legion of Super Heroes cancelled

theportal

[1]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 26

I'm sorry to have to say this, but according to the World's Finest, Legion of Super Heroes has finished production, making season 2 the last season. Here's the link: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=95

This is terrible news and a real blow to a series that could have been one of the stronger DC shows had it been given a longer life span. The article also suggests that "In Your Dreams" will air on March 22nd.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JusticeLeaguer

[2]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 61
    Yes, In Your Dreams will be airing on March 22nd followed by Dark Victory (1) on the 29th and Dark Victory (2) on April 5th.

About the series by the way.

jmizzle505

[3]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 23
    Thanks for the post. While this isn't totally unexpected, it's a shame that they're canceling this series so soon. However, the comic series has been rebooted on two occasions now, so it seems as if the Legion's doomed to fail in any media format. Had the series continued, I would have expected an expanded roster, development of the Legion of Super-Villains, and new enemies, perhaps even Darksied.

Well, it was good while it lasted, but it's going too soon imo.

theportal

[4]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 26

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yes, In Your Dreams will be airing on March 22nd followed by Dark Victory (1) on the 29th and Dark Victory (2) on April 5th. About the series by the way.

According to the link, parts 1 and 2 of "Dark Victory" have not been scheduled yet.

Edited on 03/12/2008 11:52am

LegionFan1964

[5]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 3

Cancelled? Well, that just sucks!

UltimatePyro9

[6]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 36
    This Bites! Isn't there some way it could be shown on Cartoon Network or something? I'm sure more people would watch it there.

Jackson_Holtorp

[7]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 32
    This blows! I really like this show. Still a lot of things that could've been told like what was "The Great Crisis" and what happened to Kal-El, did he die in the great crisis or is he imprisoned somewhere and still alive? (as far as I know Superman never ages and therefore lives forever under a yellow sun) They also could've introduced Darkseid and the new gods and maybe even the Martian Manhunter (in some comics I've read in the year 3000 MM and Supes are still alive) and are there any Green Lanterns left? I was in a store the other day and saw some comics about Legion of Super Heroes and showed a new generation of Green Lanterns, granted they were kids/teens but it was nice to know that the Lantern Rings found new owners. And even though LOSH isn't in continuity with JLU, in the episode where GL, Supergirl and GA went to the future and Emerald Empress was surprised to see John since all Green Lantern's were extinct or something. Anyways "Message in a Bottle" has been my favorite episode so far and I hope the new ones coming up will be just as good or better.

jwgrlrrajn

[8]Mar 12, 2008
    Isn't there any way people can start a petition to keep the series going or at least move it to a new channel? (Hey, it worked for Kim Possible)

swtt

[9]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 18
    I'm very upset to! it just didn't have a long enough run. This is so frustrating and disappointing! we have to try and do something. I know they mensioned about merchandise did it even ever make it to stores?

TeenTitans_LOSH

[10]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    This totally sucks! It's unfair. I was hoping to see what would happen to B5 now that he downloaded the B1 data, and I thought that it would take more than four more episodes to lead into this new development. I'll go sob now.

dOMITUPSYK

[11]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 10

You don't want to know what kinds of dark thoughts are running through my head right now. Please tell me this is an early April Fool's joke. Maybe the site is pranking us early? Please? D'X

...D'X *rants*

Avearia

[12]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    Well, its official. I'm cursed. I start liking a show and a month later it's cancelled. How frustrating!

GuardianArya

[13]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 6

This is really bad news. Why is it getting cancelled? I'm really sad now. :[

Does anyone have a recommendation for another superhero show that is still running and is actually good? Are there even any left? :[

Emfrbl

[14]Mar 13, 2008

In the Legions 50th year going... They cancel its first show. Its not as if the show isn't getting in the viewers or isn't populaur. I'm guessing its just to give the new Batman show a chance to get somewhere. I have no intereast in Batman outside of the JL and JLU series, so for me, this the end of my watching. Pity, there is still lots of potenial for the show.

Edit:

I'll keep an eye out for a petition airing around the legion and superman sites... If none surface by the end of the show, I'll see if I can get someone to pull one out from somewhere. I'd do one myself if I knew how. :/

Edited on 03/13/2008 1:50am

jwgrlrrajn

[15]Mar 13, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:

I'll keep an eye out for a petition airing around the legion and superman sites... If none surface by the end of the show, I'll see if I can get someone to pull one out from somewhere. I'd do one myself if I knew how. :/

Thank You! If I knew how, I'd do it myself.

sleepydumbdude

[16]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    Really sucks. Its the only thing I watch anymore on saturday mornings. What really sucks is that I never get to see it and if I do then its never in order. At the same time as Legion my local CW likes to play college basketball and other sports. Guess I'll just have to wait for a good DVD release.

roweantarts

[17]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 16

*sighs*

Just got into the show too.

This makes this and only 2 other shows (that I'm aware of) the only shows to have 26 episodes. And this one is better than both of them.

Edited on 03/13/2008 9:43am

Emfrbl

[18]Mar 13, 2008
    Well looking at Legion Omnicon, there was a message not so long ago (few days) about there being no news. Apparently, the the marginline for kids shows is so thin that they've gotten fed up. The production guys want to produce 13 more eps, but they are the last to know if they get the order. They are making direct to DVD movies now. :/

JusticeLeaguer

[19]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 61
    theportal wrote:

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yes, In Your Dreams will be airing on March 22nd followed by Dark Victory (1) on the 29th and Dark Victory (2) on April 5th. About the series by the way.

According to the link, parts 1 and 2 of "Dark Victory" have not been scheduled yet.

What link? I didn't provide one but now I will

http://www.tv.com/legion-of-super-heroes/show/58775/episode_listings.html?season=2&tag=nav_bar;2

dOMITUPSYK

[20]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    Emfrbl wrote:
    Well looking at Legion Omnicon, there was a message not so long ago (few days) about there being no news. Apparently, the the marginline for kids shows is so thin that they've gotten fed up. The production guys want to produce 13 more eps, but they are the last to know if they get the order. They are making direct to DVD movies now. :/

Does this mean new eps on DVD, or what?