The CW (ended 2008)

Legion of Super Heroes cancelled

roweantarts

[22]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 16
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    theportal wrote:

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yes, In Your Dreams will be airing on March 22nd followed by Dark Victory (1) on the 29th and Dark Victory (2) on April 5th. About the series by the way.

According to the link, parts 1 and 2 of "Dark Victory" have not been scheduled yet.

What link? I didn't provide one but now I will http://www.tv.com/legion-of-super-heroes/show/58775/episode_listings.html?season=2&tag=nav_bar;2
    The link that the portal gave us at the start of this thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

theportal

[23]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 26
    roweantarts wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    theportal wrote:

JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    Yes, In Your Dreams will be airing on March 22nd followed by Dark Victory (1) on the 29th and Dark Victory (2) on April 5th. About the series by the way.

According to the link, parts 1 and 2 of "Dark Victory" have not been scheduled yet.

What link? I didn't provide one but now I will http://www.tv.com/legion-of-super-heroes/show/58775/episode_listings.html?season=2&tag=nav_bar;2
    The link that the portal gave us at the start of this thread.

Exactly. The one I posted when I started up this thread. What other link did you think I meant, JusticeLeaguer?

Edited on 03/14/2008 12:46pm

theportal

[24]Mar 14, 2008
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    theportal wrote:

JusticeLeaguer wrote:

What link? I didn't provide one but now I will

http://www.tv.com/legion-of-super-heroes/show/58775/episode_listings.html?season=2&tag=nav_bar;2

Also, the link you provided should not be considered legit because any user can edit the guide with approval from a moderator. The fact is that there is no evidence to suggest that "Dark Victory parts 1 and 2" will air anytime soon.

Emfrbl

[25]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 6
    Its going to be hard to accept the last few eps knowing whats been and said now... :-(

Its the downer of knowing that doesn't matter what happens, they will never touch the storyline again. Maybe the comic can finish what they started but... I've not seen the comic to buy it.

JusticeLeaguer

[26]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 61
    theportal wrote:
    What other link did you think I meant, JusticeLeaguer? Also, the link you provided should not be considered legit because any user can edit the guide with approval from a moderator. The fact is that there is no evidence to suggest that "Dark Victory parts 1 and 2" will air anytime soon.

Yeah, I didn't think about the link you provided. Oh well. A moderator isn't the one who accepts or rejects submissions unless there's an editor, which there is. Also, not only is tv.com a legit site, I personally added those episodes. There's also the fact that Gislef is the editor for this show and he's a great editor who doesn't accept things unless their correct. Finally, the fact is that the series finale will air March 29th and April 5th.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/episode-guide/legion-of-super-heroes?ipp=40

ZoneHero

[27]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 19
    The sad part is that the Legion has such such potential, but is constantly held back. WB is really kicking fans around, they cancel Xailon Showdown after three seasons, Loonatics Unleashed after two, and the claasic Road Rovers after just ONE! Lately Japan is getting popular because shows like LoSH are been overlooked and undermined by the producers. I mean, it's like they not trying to hit a goal like with Batman the Animated series. Real disapointment.

jmizzle505

[28]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 23
    I didn't realize "Xiaolin Showdown" was cancelled. That was a pretty sweet series that kept me laughing.

Considering that the LoSH's history has been rebooted twice since its beginnings, it's not ironic that the animated series would get canned so soon.

I don't think a series like this would have been produced had it not been for the successes of series like JLU or "Teen Titans."

They need to relaunch the Titans now, expand the roster a la JLU. It's what they would have done anyways had the TT series continued on into "season six."

I'm guessing that the cancellation of this series is in part due to the closing up of Kids' WB in-house animation department, although I was led to believe otherwise. Also, imo, this series didn't focus on a core group of characters as did the preceding "Teen Titans" series. What made that series so great was the focus on the five Titans, their personality differences, etc. With the Legion, there's so many members, so many recruits, it's hard to give the show an identifiable team, which has also been a problem with the comics series. The only Legionnaires I felt comfortable with were Bouncing Boy and Triplicate Girl, with their relationship. Everyone else, including the Superman clone, seemed to have gotten lost in the number of Legionnaires.

My favorite two episodes of the series were the ones with the Legion of Substitute Heroes and the one set in the Bottle City of Kandor.

edi0t

[29]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    this totaly sucks!!! CMON!!!

first it was JLU, now LOSH, and for what?? for ANOTHER BATMAN show??? WTF!!! seriously they are overusing batman

no wonder japanese anime like naruto and one piecebleach are doing so good. I am mad enough to switch completely to anim and leave DC behind.

LoSH was the one thing good about DC once JLU finshed, and now its cancelled, seriously SUCKS, WB SUCKS, DC SUCKS, such crappy bad managemnet, they have no idea what fans want!!

theportal

[30]Mar 15, 2008
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    What other link did you think I meant, JusticeLeaguer? Also, the link you provided should not be considered legit because any user can edit the guide with approval from a moderator. The fact is that there is no evidence to suggest that "Dark Victory parts 1 and 2" will air anytime soon.

Yeah, I didn't think about the link you provided. Oh well. A moderator isn't the one who accepts or rejects submissions unless there's an editor, which there is. Also, not only is tv.com a legit site, I personally added those episodes. There's also the fact that Gislef is the editor for this show and he's a great editor who doesn't accept things unless their correct. Finally, the fact is that the series finale will air March 29th and April 5th.

TV.com is perfectly legit, but sometimes users get the story wrong. It happens. I've seen messed up guides across this site at one time or another. I now understand where you got your info from; thanks for providing that link. I'm still a bit wary, though, because that site was wrong about the initial airdate of The Batman's "Lost Heroes", proof that the schedule is subject to change. I wasn't criticising you or Gislef, just pointing out that maybe the guide shouldn't be updated for the two-parter when no official announcement has been made.

dOMITUPSYK

[31]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 10

Don't forget Static Shock. Static was another EPIC FAIL of DC comics airing on WB through no fault of it's own. Also, the show "Reba: was canned, although it was the highest rated comedy! WTF?! Just goes to show you that WB SUX. Warner Brothers? No, it stands for "We're *the male version of female dog*s". Burn.

DX

Edit:It could also mean "Wussy *female dog*s".

Edited on 03/15/2008 10:33am

JusticeLeaguer

[32]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 61
    theportal wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    theportal wrote:

TV.com is perfectly legit, but sometimes users get the story wrong. It happens. I've seen messed up guides across this site at one time or another. I now understand where you got your info from; thanks for providing that link. I'm still a bit wary, though, because that site was wrong about the initial airdate of The Batman's "Lost Heroes", proof that the schedule is subject to change. I wasn't criticising you or Gislef, just pointing out that maybe the guide shouldn't be updated for the two-parter when no official announcement has been made.

Oh, I know- I was just clarifying. Also, the site wasn't wrong for the "Lost Heroes" finale, was it? I don't remember it being wrong but it might have been. Anyway, I don't see why Kids' WB! would want to extend LoSH if it's going to be the last season anyway.

swtt

[33]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 18
    So has there been any petitions started yet?

Emfrbl

[34]Mar 15, 2008
    jmizzle505 wrote:
    I didn't realize "Xiaolin Showdown" was cancelled. That was a pretty sweet series that kept me laughing.

Considering that the LoSH's history has been rebooted twice since its beginnings, it's not ironic that the animated series would get canned so soon.

I don't think a series like this would have been produced had it not been for the successes of series like JLU or "Teen Titans."

They need to relaunch the Titans now, expand the roster a la JLU. It's what they would have done anyways had the TT series continued on into "season six."

I'm guessing that the cancellation of this series is in part due to the closing up of Kids' WB in-house animation department, although I was led to believe otherwise. Also, imo, this series didn't focus on a core group of characters as did the preceding "Teen Titans" series. What made that series so great was the focus on the five Titans, their personality differences, etc. With the Legion, there's so many members, so many recruits, it's hard to give the show an identifiable team, which has also been a problem with the comics series. The only Legionnaires I felt comfortable with were Bouncing Boy and Triplicate Girl, with their relationship. Everyone else, including the Superman clone, seemed to have gotten lost in the number of Legionnaires.

My favorite two episodes of the series were the ones with the Legion of Substitute Heroes and the one set in the Bottle City of Kandor.

Well, the thing that makes Legion so hard to write is that a writer may have anywhere up to 30 characters to deal with in the Legion alone. The orginal Legion had over 25 members, with many as reserves (Supergirl, Insect Queen and later when they reached their 25 limit Superboy wa put on reserves) and as subs. Thats a lot of backgrounds for many characters a writer has to deal with. Typically, a storyline with deal with 7 of them at the most, its rare for them to have mass group sitaution. Saying that... The Legion Lost series was, in my opinion, the best Legion storyline and that had about 10. The hardest part of any Legion writer is dealing with the cast of character. Part of me feels threeboot was bad since it jumped right into the pool with the membership almost already established. That meant they have to spend the first 10 issues trying to background the characters instead of doing things as they went along. The cartoon Legion doesn't bother much with backgrounds, aside from the forming ep I'm happy with it overall. We get the odd bits here and there, thats perfectly fine.

Xtroid

[35]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 5

Another Batman series?

How original.

jmizzle505

[36]Mar 15, 2008
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

Don't forget Static Shock. Static was another EPIC FAIL of DC comics airing on WB through no fault of it's own. Also, the show "Reba: was canned, although it was the highest rated comedy! WTF?! Just goes to show you that WB SUX. Warner Brothers? No, it stands for "We're *the male version of female dog*s". Burn.

DX

Edit:It could also mean "Wussy *female dog*s".

I didn't consider "Static Shock" to be an epic fail. Now the comics line (Milestone Comics) that "Static Shock" was based on in DC Comics ended up failing on an epic proportion, but "Static" was the company within a company's best seller, so it was a no-brainer when it came to deciding which teenage hero to turn into an animated series. Plus, Static later appeared in Batman Beyond and then again in JLU, so it wasn't an epic fail, as not all was wasted.

jmizzle505

[37]Mar 15, 2008
    Batman and Superman are the bread and butter of the DC Universe, mainly due to their level of recognition in pop culture, so it's a no-brainer of which mainstream DC hero to turn to for a tv series. I would personally like to see a Green Lantern/ Green Lantern Corps animated series, since a live-action film/ series would probably not be done too well.

Green Lantern is hands down my favorite DCU hero, and there's such a great history to the character, as he's been written over the years by some of DC's best writers (i.e., Alan Moore and Dennis O'Neil). They could pretty much make half a season based on the 1970's adventures of Green Arrow/ Green Lantern, as those stories dealt with real-life issues, like drugs, racism, pollution, and politics.

I don't see "Brave & the Bold" as another Batman show, although the premise does have Batman being one of the main team-up guys for the show, similar to Marvel Comics' comic series run of "Marvel Team-Up" and Spider-man. As I've said elsewhere, Batman was a commone used just about every issue at an early stage in the first run of the "Brave & the Bold" comics series. Imo, I would be more interested in seeing a team show, like "Batman & the Outsiders," or something to that extent.

I still think a "Green Lantern" series would do very well, as they wouldn't have to just focus on one Green Lantern, considering that there are (in the comics) four men from Earth who wield Green Lantern rings: Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner. They could even throw in Alan Scott, the Golden Age GL, in an alternate universe story or something. There's a lot of potential for a GL series, b/c there's still a ton of potential with the GL run in DC comics. For those unfamiliar with the Green Lantern Corps, they're basically like the police of the universe, as the Guardians choose a GL (being with great will power) for every sector of the universe.

I don't want to continue my rant any further, so I'll check out.

jmizzle505

[38]Mar 15, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:

Well, the thing that makes Legion so hard to write is that a writer may have anywhere up to 30 characters to deal with in the Legion alone. The orginal Legion had over 25 members, with many as reserves (Supergirl, Insect Queen and later when they reached their 25 limit Superboy wa put on reserves) and as subs. Thats a lot of backgrounds for many characters a writer has to deal with. Typically, a storyline with deal with 7 of them at the most, its rare for them to have mass group sitaution. Saying that... The Legion Lost series was, in my opinion, the best Legion storyline and that had about 10. The hardest part of any Legion writer is dealing with the cast of character. Part of me feels threeboot was bad since it jumped right into the pool with the membership almost already established. That meant they have to spend the first 10 issues trying to background the characters instead of doing things as they went along. The cartoon Legion doesn't bother much with backgrounds, aside from the forming ep I'm happy with it overall. We get the odd bits here and there, thats perfectly fine.

You said it. I never actually started getting int LoSH in the comics until "Infinite Crisis" and "Threeboot," mainly because I felt the book was overwhelming with a rich and intertwined history that I would never be able to get into it without reading a whole lot of older stories. The same can be said for Hawkman, but I've been learning to get into his whole "resurrection" history.
    When I look at summary info on the first two Legions written, I also found myself confused about the "Threeboot." Now there's 3 Legions around with 3 different timelines, and someday, there will be a story published dealing with these anomalies of the DCU. I keep reading about it anyways, something like the "War of 3 Legions," or something to that extent. "Threeboot" has usually great stories, though, and I'm enjoying the run so far.

JasperGein17121

[39]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

"Reba: was canned, although it was the highest rated comedy! WTF?!

This happened to the George Lopez Show also. It was one of the most popular shows on ABC last year, but they ended up canning it, which caused George to get mad at ABC.

Man, it sucks that LOSH is cancelled. I can forget about Emerald Empress & Esper appearing again. I just hope that the comic doesn't get "crushed by the Canceled sign".

Emfrbl

[40]Mar 16, 2008

Nope... No Legion.

All I mean when I say direct to DVD movies is we will be seeing movies like the Justice League Frontier (spelling?) and Doomsday ones. If you know about the recent animated movies I'm talking about then! Though start praying they do a Legion movie one. Even if its not about this series Legion.

Edited on 03/16/2008 2:25am