Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Legion of Super Heroes cancelled

HiTekRedNek2112

[41]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    As soon as Smallville ends, the CW can shut down as far as I am consered.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[42]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 23
    You know, The Brave and the Bold is supposed to technically be the 6th season of The Batman and it's airing on Cartoon Network. I think that Cartoon Network should pick up Legion as well. (maybe name it something else - not that I want them to)

jmizzle505

[43]Mar 17, 2008
    They could rename it "Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes," as originally intended, now that the court decision has been reversed. I'm glad to hear that "Brave & the Bold" will be going to Cartoon Network.

Supergirl could also work in a revamped Legion series.

sylent_asassin

[44]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 26
    While this is sad news, it doesn't really come as a shock. Over the years, I've seen too many good cartoon series meet their untimely demise. I'm starting to get used to it.

With all this talk of going to the CN, look at how they treat shows that aren't produced within their own studios first. You may change your tune.

jon2guevarra_TV

[45]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 2
    Okay, did Cartoon Network aired for the first time?

jwgrlrrajn

[46]Mar 17, 2008
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    While this is sad news, it doesn't really come as a shock. Over the years, I've seen too many good cartoon series meet their untimely demise. I'm starting to get used to it.

With all this talk of going to the CN, look at how they treat shows that aren't produced within their own studios first. You may change your tune.

Like, what shows are we talking about?

Emfrbl

[47]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    You know, The Brave and the Bold is supposed to technically be the 6th season of The Batman and it's airing on Cartoon Network. I think that Cartoon Network should pick up Legion as well. (maybe name it something else - not that I want them to)

No its not... It is its own show.

roweantarts

[48]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    JusticeLeaguer wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    What other link did you think I meant, JusticeLeaguer? Also, the link you provided should not be considered legit because any user can edit the guide with approval from a moderator. The fact is that there is no evidence to suggest that "Dark Victory parts 1 and 2" will air anytime soon.
    Yeah, I didn't think about the link you provided. Oh well. A moderator isn't the one who accepts or rejects submissions unless there's an editor, which there is. Also, not only is tv.com a legit site, I personally added those episodes. There's also the fact that Gislef is the editor for this show and he's a great editor who doesn't accept things unless their correct. Finally, the fact is that the series finale will air March 29th and April 5th. http://tv.msn.com/tv/episode-guide/legion-of-super-heroes?ipp=40
    TV.com is perfectly legit, but sometimes users get the story wrong. It happens. I've seen messed up guides across this site at one time or another. I now understand where you got your info from; thanks for providing that link. I'm still a bit wary, though, because that site was wrong about the initial airdate of The Batman's "Lost Heroes", proof that the schedule is subject to change. I wasn't criticising you or Gislef, just pointing out that maybe the guide shouldn't be updated for the two-parter when no official announcement has been made.
    Oh, I know- I was just clarifying. Also, the site wasn't wrong for the "Lost Heroes" finale, was it? I don't remember it being wrong but it might have been. Anyway, I don't see why Kids' WB! would want to extend LoSH if it's going to be the last season anyway.
    Those two episodes dates have now been confirmed by worlds finest http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=99

jwgrlrrajn

[49]Mar 18, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:

Fine, whatever, but if it does turn out to be related to The Batman, I'm going to come back here and laugh at you.
    (If it isn't related to The Batman, you can laugh at me)

sylent_asassin

[50]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 26
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:

Like, what shows are we talking about?

Justice League, Megas XL and Teen Titans for starters. Those shows were pulled off schedule for almost a half-year without any warning and never re-aired. Then, the new shows weren't even advertised. If it weren't for my DVR auto-taping, I wouldn't have seen half of the newer shows.

Emfrbl

[51]Mar 18, 2008
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:

Fine, whatever, but if it does turn out to be related to The Batman, I'm going to come back here and laugh at you.

Its its own show, "The Brave, The Bold... The World's Finest" wasn't a good series in my books when it was a comic, but some liked it. I'm not looking forward to this show... Its "na-huh" to me. All I know it, they are doing this because its replacing everything. But don't worry, I'm not going to laugh at anyone. Maybe it will be done in The Batman's style, I have no idea how they will approach it. But it has no links to The Batman at all. But I'm not laughing, a lot of people are getting the wrong impression on this. Now heres something to ponder on... Legion only got the go-ahead because Supe's was in it, without him we'd never got it. Legion's gone because Supe's is appearing in The Brave, The Bold. I'm fed up with Batman... After Teen Titians ended I was hoping Legion would replace it but... Now. There has been like, 6 or 7 series Batman appears in reglaurly now in the last decade. Thats more then any other hero. Batman unfortuntely does well on the TV screen because he has a lot of flexablity, whereas Supe's shows only turn into a Power Vs Power brawl fest so doesn't. So the question:

Why can't they write a Superman series that actually works on the TV screen?

jwgrlrrajn

[52]Mar 18, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:

Its its own show, "The Brave, The Bold... The World's Finest" wasn't a good series in my books when it was a comic, but some liked it. I'm not looking forward to this show... Its "na-huh" to me. All I know it, they are doing this because its replacing everything. But don't worry, I'm not going to laugh at anyone. Maybe it will be done in The Batman's style, I have no idea how they will approach it. But it has no links to The Batman at all. But I'm not laughing, a lot of people are getting the wrong impression on this. Now heres something to ponder on... Legion only got the go-ahead because Supe's was in it, without him we'd never got it. Legion's gone because Supe's is appearing in The Brave, The Bold. I'm fed up with Batman... After Teen Titians ended I was hoping Legion would replace it but... Now. There has been like, 6 or 7 series Batman appears in reglaurly now in the last decade. Thats more then any other hero. Batman unfortuntely does well on the TV screen because he has a lot of flexablity, whereas Supe's shows only turn into a Power Vs Power brawl fest so doesn't. So the question:

Why can't they write a Superman series that actually works on the TV screen?

Did you not see "Superman: The Animated Series"? That was a good show. It worked quite well in my opinion.

And I prefer to believe it's related to The Batman, if you you want to believe otherwise, fine. (Just for the record though, one of us will have egg on his face when this series airs and I really don't think it will be me)

jmizzle505

[53]Mar 19, 2008
    If you need to see good Superman series, check out the 1990's live-action series "Lois and Clark." Look at the old George Reeves' tv show. Look at "Smallville." Between those three shows, as well as the animated show, there's a Superman series for everyone.

If none of them suit you, then start writing your own series, because that's part of the reason why they made "Lois & Clark," "Superman TAS," and "Smallville" after the George Reeves show.

craigmoore

[54]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 8

I can just picture the scenario of some network suit coming up to the Legion and saying the following:

"Happy 50th Legion! Enjoying that exposure from an animated series? Good! By the way, you're canceled! Gotta make room for the lackluster block programmed by the same guys who program the same time-frame on another channel."

This sucks on so many levels. I was really hoping that a third season would introduce Mon-El to the Legion and maybe give some of the ones like Bloc, Sunboy, Element Lad, and anyone else who has basically shown up in a 2-second cameo some more airtime.

Emfrbl

[55]Mar 19, 2008
    I know those shows... I'm talking about cartoons not Smallville and that. I'm saying that cartoon wise, Superman doesn't seem to work. With the animated Superman show during the 90s, it was fine in places, but a lot of the time one ep wasn't too different from the next. I didn't get intereasted in that Superman until JL and JLU, he worked better as a groupie then a solo.

jmizzle505

[56]Mar 21, 2008
    The Fleischer cartoons of Superman were fantastic, especially when you consider the time they were made. It really captured the essence of early Superman stories.

Emfrbl

[57]Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, I know... :-(

BTW, since I haven't seen a pitetion yet... Some of you know, can send in e-mails asking for more seasons. If they get enough of a flood, maybe they'll change their mind. Any actions the fans take must be done within the 6 months, otherwise, things will be left too long. And people move on by then... :-/

swtt

[58]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 18
    Where can I sign this petition?
    Edited on 03/22/2008 6:15am

jwgrlrrajn

[59]Mar 22, 2008
    What's their e-mail address?

FunkyFish1991

[60]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 1
    were we to send an email/petition, would it be to Warner Bros.?