Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Legion of Super Heroes cancelled

dOMITUPSYK

[81]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    Emfrbl wrote:
    In Brainy's case, he is the fifth Brainiac over a thousand years. That means a lot of his ancestors lived for a very long time... If you go by Reboot Legion, Vril Dox 2 was alive in the 21st century... His son was also born then. At some point he came back to Colu, his daughter B4 was born and she was no old hag. So... Therefore for her to be enough to HAVE children, he life span for Colauns would indeed have to be a long time. She would have to be a couple of hundred years old, because her father would have had to been around for at least of those years and able to have children still. I'm presuming Colauns can live for somewhere between 600-800 years by Reboot Legions timeline... And B5 is in his first hunred years... Wow! If he married, a woman other then a another Colaun, he would outlive his wife by a long shot! O.o'

Well, I *did* read somewhere that Coluans live much longer than their human counterparts...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Emfrbl

[82]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    Okay... Some news floating around the DC boards:

The newest project in part of the Countdown to Crisis comic storyline is the addition of the special 10-part mini-series based on all 3 versions of the comic Legion (Orginal/Lightning Saga, Reboot and Threeboot). Basically, whats going on is the Legion was orginally suppose to the flagship hero group for Action Comics 50 years ago. However, eventually to promote Supergirl they shifted them to the side lines, given them a few pages per issue instead of the whole issue, Superman was also removed from their story as such.

Well LEgion got their own comics eventually, but it also led to the creation of the Justice League of American comics too. JLA replaced Legion because it had, more or less, ALL of DC comics top heroes starring in it (and then some). Whats gonna compete better, all the DC stars comic, or Legion? If you said JLA you won that bet.

So the Legion has fallen down into the abyss a little. Later the JSA and Super Friends also played their part. None of it was intended to be like this, its just things happen. To keep sales sharp they tried rebooting the series, creating Reboot Legion. When that played out its course they did Threeboot.

Well the Lightning Saga Legion that appeared in Countdown has become more populaur then Threeboot (why not, its based on orginal Legion). So its being called to have its own comic (amongst many things). Don't know whats happening there but we have the new "Legion of 3 Worlds" series coming out, which will ensure all three versions of the Legion are now part of the DC universe.

Amongst this, is the tadbit that DC would *like* Legion to become its flagship Hero group again. Well good luck to them there is all I say.

So anyway... We also have this week the news on the rights of Superman, you can read that on the net. Basically, the family of the orginal creator got a lot of money from DC and WB coming their way.

What is this leding to...? Well, I don't think this will be completely the end of this version of Legion. WB have a mess to fix here, with the Superman, but the Legion has been going for 50 years... And it is being heavily promoted. That petition has over 200 names on it now. Watch the net for news. We have a GOOD chance of seeing another season, maybe not under the same heading (JL -> JLU), but we have a good chance of another season. Maybe not on the same channel, I note Cartoon Network always finds room for new shows.

And thats it from me. :-)

Spike31589

[83]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 11

They can't cancel because they did a worse ending then teen titans (and i love the titans) i mean i have two big questions

what happened to ferrel lad he was alive after season 1?

and what about braniac 5.5 (evil brainy) he said "evil doesn't die it evolves" which means there is something bigger and badder out there for the legion to fight?

warnerbroman

[84]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 15
    and what happen to drax

jwgrlrrajn

[85]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 23
    Spike31589 wrote:

What about braniac 5.5 (evil brainy) he said "evil doesn't die it evolves" which means there is something bigger and badder out there for the legion to fight?

That was supposed to be Brainiac 6 according to the credits.

Emfrbl

[86]Apr 7, 2008
    Spike31589 wrote:

They can't cancel because they did a worse ending then teen titans (and i love the titans) i mean i have two big questions

what happened to ferrel lad he was alive after season 1?

and what about braniac 5.5 (evil brainy) he said "evil doesn't die it evolves" which means there is something bigger and badder out there for the legion to fight?

Ferro Lad... Not Ferral Lad. He turns into metal, not fur.

theportal

[87]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 26
    warnerbroman wrote:
    and what happen to drax

I was hoping that we would see him and Alexis again before the series' cancellation.

Emfrbl

[88]Apr 8, 2008
    I've often wonder if Kel was introduced because Drax was Mon-El. Kel was suppose to be based on Mon, yet why create a new characte instead of introducing Mon-El?

AngelicOne001

[89]Apr 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    swtt wrote:
    FunkyFish1991 wrote:

here is a petition to save LoSH; http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SavetheLegion

sign and spread the word!!!

I think it may be down. I tried to sign it, but it was expired.

It isn't I signed just today AND I sent a email to the WB president

swtt

[90]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 18
    Good keep up the good work!

Emfrbl

[91]Apr 12, 2008
    Pointless now signing that... All I can say is rather sign to call for a third season, call for another Legion animation. Be it a movie or what not... Just call out for it.

edi0t

[92]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    meh, i'd like a movie etc tec, but cmon, after so mnay flipping years, LoSH finally has its own show and WB decides to cancel?? thats just BS!

I came into LoSH coz of this animated show but i really like it, wish it would stay!

KHFanactic22

[93]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    i hated that they cancelled it. the show was at its peak. the triplicates reunited, brainy left, there was so much the could have done. the supposoed reason why the stopped it is because 4kids tookover wb, i hate it, all for kids is is stupid stuff like teenagemutant ninja turtles, if anything cartoon network should pick it back, thats what they did with johnny test from kids wb, gosh that still burns ,me up that that happened

Avearia

[94]Feb 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    KHFanactic22 wrote:
    i hated that they cancelled it. the show was at its peak. the triplicates reunited, brainy left, there was so much the could have done. the supposoed reason why the stopped it is because 4kids tookover wb, i hate it, all for kids is is stupid stuff like teenagemutant ninja turtles, if anything cartoon network should pick it back, thats what they did with johnny test from kids wb, gosh that still burns ,me up that that happened
    Amen to that.

seto1

[95]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    do we even have a chance to bring this back

mr_snakeabee

[96]Feb 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    seto1 wrote:
    do we even have a chance to bring this back

I really doubt it.

franki911

[97]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 5
    I was rely hoping that they will make a 3 season

franki911

[98]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 5
    P.S. Excuse my bad english

PintheDog

[99]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 29
    I can't say I'm surprised at all. I heard that Kids' WB went kaput. If true, it's no surprise the show got canceled. They probably couldn't find another network that'd pick it up.

swtt

[100]Jun 11, 2009
    • level: 18
    So are we even going to get the DVD sets WB promised us?