Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - Dark Victory (1) (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 3/29/08 episode "Dark Victory (1)" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dOMITUPSYK

[2]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 10

It's 12:15AM in SC so w00t! It's officially Caturday! SHOW IZ GUD I MUST WATCH IT OM NOM NOM! (I've had too much sugar.)

Annnyways... DX 8 hours and 45 minutes to go until LOSH. I think. I can't do math...

BrodieBanks

[3]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    Ughhhh I hope I can wake up! DAMN YOU KIDS WB DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

dOMITUPSYK

[4]Mar 29, 2008
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    Ughhhh I hope I can wake up! DAMN YOU KIDS WB DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Do you live in South Carolina?

LegionFan1964

[5]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 3

I work third shift, and I'm always afraid I'll forget to set my VCR before I go to sleep.

Show's on at 9:30AM Eastern time, and I'll probably watch it sometime around 2PM, after I sleep. Can't wait!

BrodieBanks

[6]Mar 29, 2008
    I do hope Violet shows up. I just wanna give her a big geeky fan hug before the show ends.

Emfrbl

[7]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    Everyone is too eager to see this one... Lol.

BrodieBanks

[8]Mar 29, 2008
    Oh...my...God...

He...he...hurt Vi...

Brainy must be killed.

BrodieBanks

[9]Mar 29, 2008

Ok, I know, enough posts. But holy crap...THIS IS LEGION.

Poor Salu...now I really wanna hug her.

riddler062

[10]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 24

awesome episode, its probably best of the series, too bad its the end of the series though

***SPOILER***

dOMITUPSYK

[11]Mar 29, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHARGH FRAGGENMUSSENKOENNENDACHENFRAUSENSEIN!!!! CLIFF HANGER NUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Enough nonsense, on to review (sorry, too much fanficiton.net):

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO IS NOT FROM NEW ENGLAND OR THE SOUTH AT THIS POINT PRETTY MUCH (might be some northern states mixed in there, I don't know much about teh time zones)

I wanted to see some big ol' tears!! Unfortunately, I am *that* messed up that I care more about seeing them cry than anything else. D: Never mind the fact that Kal is dead and Brainy just KILLED *TWO* people. Poor Vi, he mushed her little head. D: I'm surprised that didn't kill her, actually. Superb voice acting, though. Did you hear Cham's voice break at the end of the question? I don't think I've ever heard a voice actor... well, ACT that honestly before. And it was nice to see Imperiex act human for a change. You could clearly see it on his face- he didn't want to die. When Brainy said "I'll merely delete you", the look on his face was like just as if someone had held a gun to your head and said "I'm going to shoot you at the end of this sentence."

I actually felt SORRY for ol' Impy. I suspected all along that he had human-ness in there somewhere. And Brainy, at the scene where he covered his face with his hands, nearly cried himself- Huge Kudos to Adam on this, making Brainy a little more human before turning him killer robot. You could just BARELY hear his voice crack in the middle of the sentence.

END SPOILERS

Out of 10 stars, I give it a gugol.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot. (SPOILERS) "We would SO not make good ninjas."- Cham XD If Jorden watched it, he flipped out. (He's almost 10 [will be on 3/3] and LOVES ninjas the way we love our favorite characters.) (/SPOILERS)

Edit edit: D: It killed my coolness HTML-esque spoiler tags. D: Those are ugly. D:

Edited on 03/29/2008 8:17am
    Edited 2 total times.

warnerbroman

[12]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 15
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    I do hope Violet shows up. I just wanna give her a big geeky fan hug before the show ends.
    she dose Kell-el: Itachi was to be mine!

I am sorry but that was the only funny part of this episode

dOMITUPSYK

[13]Mar 29, 2008
    warnerbroman wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:

Eh???

warnerbroman

[14]Mar 29, 2008
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:

Eh???
    the preson that play superman plays as sasuke in naruto

maya14belle

[15]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 8

I saw the episode. It was horrifying. Not only has Brainy turned evil, but he has killed Imperiex. BRAINY KILLED IMPERIEX IN COLD BLOOD!!!! OH MY GOD, BRAINY, HOW COULD YOU??!!!! SOMEONE HAS GOT TO SAVE HIM!!!!

I suspected Imperiex was going to be destroyed, but not in the way it happened in the episode. This is awful. I did want Imperiex to get destroyed after what he has done, but seeing Brainy kill him without warning and honor makes me feel pity. I thought the way Kel-El reacted was selfish, saying Imperiex was supposed to be his. It should matter that an enemy is gone, not who destroys him or her. Also, it was horrifying when Brainiac 5 infected Superman with Kryptonite. Lightning Lad said in the end that Superman is gone. I hope he becomes alive in the next and final episode. I have a feeling Brainy is going to die evil but what the preview said and showed.

jwgrlrrajn

[16]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    That "crown of kryptonite" reminded me of something.
    Can anyone guess what?

warnerbroman

[17]Mar 29, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:

I saw the episode. It was horrifying. Not only has Brainy turned evil, but he has killed Imperiex. BRAINY KILLED IMPERIEX IN COLD BLOOD!!!! OH MY GOD, BRAINY, HOW COULD YOU??!!!! SOMEONE HAS GOT TO SAVE HIM!!!!

I suspected Imperiex was going to be destroyed, but not in the way it happened in the episode. This is awful. I did want Imperiex to get destroyed after what he has done, but seeing Brainy kill him without warning and honor makes me feel pity. I thought the way Kel-El reacted was selfish, saying Imperiex was supposed to be his. It should matter that an enemy is gone, not who destroys him or her. Also, it was horrifying when Brainiac 5 infected Superman with Kryptonite. Lightning Lad said in the end that Superman is gone. I hope he becomes alive in the next and final episode. I have a feeling Brainy is going to die evil but what the preview said and showed.

well like sasuke he lost his purpose now that his "prey" is dead

theportal

[18]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 26
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    That "crown of kryptonite" reminded me of something.
    Can anyone guess what?

Crown of thorns, by any chance? They're discussing that on the World's Finest boards too.

I must know... what did the preview for part 2 show? Please tell me as much about the preview as you can.

TeenTitans_LOSH

[19]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 4

I was absolutely horrified. I thought it was a wonderful episode, but very creepy for several reasons.

OMG SUPERMAN CAN'T DIE!!!!!!!! HE CAN'T DIE!!!!!! AND BRAINY CAN'T KILL HIM!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!! I thought it was kind of mean how Superman was so quick to try and hurt Brainy (he hardly gave him a chance to snap out of it), but it was totally cold the way Brainy tricked Superman into thinking he was sorry. And not to mention TOTALLY HEARTLESS the way he killed him. And EWWWW his face was all cracked.

I thought this episode was very well laid-out. The plot was more complicated than I expected. And btw, what's with the mental game of chess? That was kind of...unexpected. For me, at least.

I never wanted Brainy to go villain. Yes, in the back of my mind I knew it would probably happen, but I didn't want it to. He is my favorite character. Maybe the Legion will try and help him return to his normal good self, or maybe he'll refuse any help and actually want to stay evil. I must also say that I am shocked how Brainy killed Imperiex. I'm glad they didn't show it, at least. I would've bawled to see Brainy acting so...evil. It looked painful anyway. Now that Brainy is headed for Colu (which I think he pronounced kind of weird), I wonder what he'll do.

I also have to throw in I kinda felt sorry for Cham when he was wounded in the training session. Although--He looked pretty beat-up in the sim. chamber, but then in the next scene he's perfectly normal. What's up with that? I thought the show would milk the fact that Brainy was being mean towards his teammates but they didn't stress the fact that he hurt Cham as much as I thought they would.

I hate cliffhangers. I MUST FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT BEFORE THE NEXT HOUR OR SO OR I WILL EXPLODE!!!!! OK, that was kinda weird, but when you're jacked up on caffeine and sugar you can get away with this kind of stuff.

Kell-El: Maybe he'll go on to be a pastry chef! -LOL. The only time I laughed in this whole episode. Even though I can't imagine Brainy as a pastry chef.

Ooh, I just had an idea!!! Maybe Supes isn't dead!!!! That must seem totally crazy but maybe he really isn't!!!!

Sorry. I'll shut up now.

TeenTitans_LOSH

[20]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    Yeah, btw, I think the preview showed Kell-El all torn up about Superman. I also think I remember Superman in a casket, but it's kind of coming apart...and something that looked like the team burying him with a yellow sun. I can't remember much; they show the clips too fast.

Oh, yeah, and Brainy's still evil and made something go boom.