Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - Dark Victory (1) (possible spoilers)

maya14belle

[21]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    warnerbroman wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

I saw the episode. It was horrifying. Not only has Brainy turned evil, but he has killed Imperiex. BRAINY KILLED IMPERIEX IN COLD BLOOD!!!! OH MY GOD, BRAINY, HOW COULD YOU??!!!! SOMEONE HAS GOT TO SAVE HIM!!!!

I suspected Imperiex was going to be destroyed, but not in the way it happened in the episode. This is awful. I did want Imperiex to get destroyed after what he has done, but seeing Brainy kill him without warning and honor makes me feel pity. I thought the way Kel-El reacted was selfish, saying Imperiex was supposed to be his. It should matter that an enemy is gone, not who destroys him or her. Also, it was horrifying when Brainiac 5 infected Superman with Kryptonite. Lightning Lad said in the end that Superman is gone. I hope he becomes alive in the next and final episode. I have a feeling Brainy is going to die evil but what the preview said and showed.

well like sasuke he lost his purpose now that his "prey" is dead

Kel-El should realize what his other purpose is, something he has to live for: to save the world from the clutches of Brainiac 5. I hope he realizes this purpose in the next episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maya14belle

[22]Mar 29, 2008
    TeenTitans_LOSH wrote:
    Yeah, btw, I think the preview showed Kell-El all torn up about Superman. I also think I remember Superman in a casket, but it's kind of coming apart...and something that looked like the team burying him with a yellow sun. I can't remember much; they show the clips too fast.

Oh, yeah, and Brainy's still evil and made something go boom.

I have a feeling Kel-El might shed tears for Superman in the next episode. That would prove that Kel does have emotion. Even though it is only a possibility. It might not happen.

SupermanNYC

[23]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 45
    maya14belle wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

I saw the episode. It was horrifying. Not only has Brainy turned evil, but he has killed Imperiex. BRAINY KILLED IMPERIEX IN COLD BLOOD!!!! OH MY GOD, BRAINY, HOW COULD YOU??!!!! SOMEONE HAS GOT TO SAVE HIM!!!!

I suspected Imperiex was going to be destroyed, but not in the way it happened in the episode. This is awful. I did want Imperiex to get destroyed after what he has done, but seeing Brainy kill him without warning and honor makes me feel pity. I thought the way Kel-El reacted was selfish, saying Imperiex was supposed to be his. It should matter that an enemy is gone, not who destroys him or her. Also, it was horrifying when Brainiac 5 infected Superman with Kryptonite. Lightning Lad said in the end that Superman is gone. I hope he becomes alive in the next and final episode. I have a feeling Brainy is going to die evil but what the preview said and showed.

Kel-El should realize what his other purpose is, something he has to live for: to save the world from the clutches of Brainiac 5. I hope he realizes this purpose in the next episode.
    But he was created for one purpose, and well all know what that is.

VladimirCrow

[24]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 10

who knew brainy could be such a badass.

maya14belle

[25]Mar 29, 2008
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

But he was created for one purpose, and well all know what that is.

But he is not a tool for fighting, he is a hero and a person. Kel-El could still realize his other purpose. He cannot just live for what he was created for, to destroy Imperiex. He could live for anything else. That is what I believe.

cheetor99

[26]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 3
    SHE GETS KNOCKED OUT PRETTY BAD BY BRAINIAC

theportal

[27]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 26
    cheetor99 wrote:

Who? I haven't seen this episode, but I want to know who Brainy hurt, and how he hurt them.

Emfrbl

[28]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    I wonder if Brainy does something like reset the timeline so B1 can never take him over... O.o

theportal

[29]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 26
    Emfrbl wrote:
    I wonder if Brainy does something like reset the timeline so B1 can never take him over... O.o

That would be a copout. Everything we've seen should stay canon, otherwise it would lose its impact.

maya14belle

[30]Mar 29, 2008
    cheetor99 wrote:

Are you talking about Shrinking Violet?:

warnerbroman

[31]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 15
    maya14belle wrote:
    cheetor99 wrote:

Are you talking about Shrinking Violet?:
    most likly

it is a crying shame that the next episode is the last

maya14belle

[32]Mar 29, 2008
    VladimirCrow wrote:

who knew brainy could be such a badass.

Brainy is not the scum. It is Brainiac who is. He is the one after all controlling Brainy.

Emfrbl

[33]Mar 29, 2008
    Hey Portal, its happened before. Teen Titians + Legion reboot met when Titians were left to sleep for a thousand years. Then the timeline was altered so the two teams never met (well they did eventaully, but it was the reboot legions last story T_T ). Reading everyone's comments... Makes me feel like this may be a rushed ep... :/

I haven't seen Dawnstar nor Invisible Kid... Where are they? The creators said they will be in the show. But one ep left and still no sign of either.

maya14belle

[34]Mar 29, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:
    Hey Portal, its happened before. Teen Titians + Legion reboot met when Titians were left to sleep for a thousand years. Then the timeline was altered so the two teams never met (well they did eventaully, but it was the reboot legions last story T_T ). Reading everyone's comments... Makes me feel like this may be a rushed ep... :/

I haven't seen Dawnstar nor Invisible Kid... Where are they? The creators said they will be in the show. But one ep left and still no sign of either.

There was one unfamiliar hero in this episode. Maybe he might be either of those two.

BrodieBanks

[35]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    maya14belle wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:

There was one unfamiliar hero in this episode. Maybe he might be either of those two.

The unfamiliar hero is Ultra Boy.

BrodieBanks

[36]Mar 29, 2008

Also, does anyone thing that not only the writers, but Adam Wylie shoud get some sort of Daytime Emmy?

Adam was extremely convincing in this episode. Scared the hell out of me!

maya14belle

[37]Mar 29, 2008
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:

The unfamiliar hero is Ultra Boy.

Oops, sorry. Then maybe the two will appear in the next episode.

BrodieBanks

[38]Mar 29, 2008
    I'm sorry but Shrinking Violet got DECKED...

WTF?

I can't get over that. That has to be the most disturbing image in a DC cartoon ever.

maya14belle

[39]Mar 29, 2008
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    I'm sorry but Shrinking Violet got DECKED...

WTF?

I can't get over that. That has to be the most disturbing image in a DC cartoon ever.

Maybe Shrinking Violet might possibly show some feelings for Brainy in the next ep.

Emfrbl

[40]Mar 29, 2008
    Can someone write a full detailing of the preview at the end of ep... Words spoken, images shown. Dammit, I won't see this until tomorrow its really kicking at me! D: