Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - Dark Victory (1) (possible spoilers)

dOMITUPSYK

[41]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 10
    I said earlier, "Poor Violet. He mushed her little head. D:" And I mean he MUSHED her too. Gah. I also thought Cham's V.A. was extremely convincing with his last line. I WANT TO SEE HIM CRY. Come on, you know you think it would be cute. SOMEONE MUST UPLOAD I WANTS TO WATCH AGAIN!!! DX *bangs head on comp in frustration* SOBSOBSOB!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrodieBanks

[42]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    Most talked about episode. EVER.

theportal

[43]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 26
    I'm eager to know what Brainy and 1.0 said to each other while they were playing chess for control of Brainy's mind (assuming they spoke to each other in this episode). Did 1.0's voice ever come from Brainy's mouth?

maya14belle

[44]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    Most talked about episode. EVER.

A lot of things happened in this episode which makes the topic very popular.

melbye80

[45]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 33
    Wow, that was incredible. But of course Superman won't stay dead, he has died before. It looks like the series-finake might even beat The Batman's series finale. And as a sidenote, Corey Burton really had alot to do today since he is Brainiac 1 on this show and the(spoilers for Transformers Animated)
    ***SPOILER***

Emfrbl

[46]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'm kicking myself still... Tomorrow to see this ep is a LONG time.

Mac-Ale

[47]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 60
    Well, someone has to disagree.

This episode emphasizes the worst aspect of making Brainiac 5 an android, and it takes away what is special about the Legion (the 30th century) and drags it back to what the modern cartoon idea of Brainiac is. I suppose it could be worse, there could be an appearance by Darkseid.

I also hate making Brainiac some sort of "transformer" wannabe.

With any luck, maybe they'll use Kell-El as a source of stem cells to help Superman.
    Edited on 03/29/2008 4:38pm

BrodieBanks

[48]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    I can agree, but let's think about it this way. Who's this show really aimed at? It's for kids, and they don't really care what longtime fans think. Which, dosen't really bother me.

dOMITUPSYK

[49]Mar 29, 2008
    And the easily entertained. Heck, it could be 30 min of Cham throwing a bottle cap around and chasing it, and I'd LMFAO the whole time.

Mac-Ale

[50]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 60
    Well, think about all the characters that have no real background or history on the show. Why waste that and instead tell stories of Brainiac that are similar to "Superman:The Animated Series" or introduce a second Superman character?

I wouldn't say they should copy the comics, but a cool villain like the Time Trapper could have made a real whole season story, with lots of the same kind of paradoxes, etc.

jwgrlrrajn

[51]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    Quite frankly, I like the idea of Coluans being robots, and B5 wanting to be human.

I mean, it seems to add more depth to the character.

However, the thing about Brainy being a Transformers wannabe is really all in how you look at it. For example, most characters in superhero shows (nowadays anyway) have been "powered up," so giving Brainiac 5 a mech transformation was a pretty logical step in that direction. (does the comic version of B5 even have super abilities other than a 12th level intelect and a shield?)

Gislef

[52]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 102
    Hey, at least Chemical King finally showed up.

JasperGein17121

[53]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    Poor Violet. I had a feeling that Vi was gonna get attacked by Brainy. I made a post a few months ago that when Brainy turns evil, Vi was gonna be one of the first ones that he'll hurt. Briany bashing Vi's head against the wall was pretty brutal & disturbing. The flower on her head breaking into pieces made it even more disturbing.

warnerbroman

[54]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 15
    JasperGein17121 wrote:
    Poor Violet. I had a feeling that Vi was gonna get attacked by Brainy. I made a post a few months ago that when Brainy turns evil, Vi was gonna be one of the first ones that he'll hurt. Briany bashing Vi's head against the wall was pretty brutal & disturbing. The flower on her head breaking into pieces made it even more disturbing.
    that what made it so emotinal

Midnight1884

[55]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 1

Emfrbl wrote:
    Hey Portal, its happened before. Teen Titians + Legion reboot met when Titians were left to sleep for a thousand years. Then the timeline was altered so the two teams never met (well they did eventaully, but it was the reboot legions last story T_T ). Reading everyone's comments... Makes me feel like this may be a rushed ep... :/ I haven't seen Dawnstar nor Invisible Kid... Where are they? The creators said they will be in the show. But one ep left and still no sign of either.

Pretty much the entire membership and reserves are seen when the three founding members hold the meeting on the Imperiex army. We get our first and possibly last look at Chemical King, Dawnstar and XS. Those present are:

Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Superman, Kell-El, Brainiac 5, Bouncing Boy, Phantom Girl, Timber Wolf, Chameleon Boy, Karate Kid, Star Boy, Blok, Colossal Boy, Element Lad, Dream Girl, Matter-Eater Lad, Sun Boy, Tyroc, Shrinking Violet, Ultra Boy, Polar Boy, Invisible Kid, Chemical King, Dawnstar, XS, Porcupine Pete, Infectious Lass, Color Kid, Stone Boy and possibly Night Girl is there as well.

The only ones i didn't see were Duo Damsel, Nemesis Kid and Chlorophyll Kid who is seen in the previews of next weeks conclusion.

Wildfire, Shadow Lass and Quislet had symbols shown during the episode where they recruit Nemesis Kid and Karate Kid but have never been seen on the show.

LegionFan1964

[56]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 3

Emfrbl wrote:
    I haven't seen Dawnstar nor Invisible Kid... Where are they? The creators said they will be in the show. But one ep left and still no sign of either.

In the previews for next week, there were a bunch of winged people flying. Could be Dawnstar's people, or maybe Thanagarians. At least one of them looked like they had a mace thing, like Hawkgirl fights with.

Midnight1884: "Pretty much the entire membership and reserves are seen when the three founding members hold the meeting on the Imperiex army. We get our first and possibly last look at Chemical King, Dawnstar and XS."

So she was in the background? I didn't even notice her; where was she standing? I hope they didn't go out of their way to mention Dawnstar being on the show, then just use her for background.

I don't think Superman is dead. He's probably in some kind of healing trance (aka Saturn Girl), or so close to death no one can tell the difference, and the yellow sun will revive him. It's partly what gives him his powers, after all.

I liked the episode. I don't like Brainy being a Transformer, either, but I wonder if they didn't do it that way just to give us this ending for the series. I can't belive he killed Imperix so calously and quickly (like the dragon eating the king in Shrek), and I freaked out at the scene of Superman knocking off Brainy's legs and arms.

Can't wait for next week!

Edited on 03/29/2008 11:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Emfrbl

[57]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    XS I think I saw on the right near the two Supe's. I only reconigsed her via her logo.

TeenTitans_LOSH

[58]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    I said before that the only time I laughed in the episode was when Kell-El predicted Brainy as a pastry chef. I semi-smiled during this part:

Superman: I can only help if you let me in.
    Brainy: Let you in? Sorry, it's already pretty crowded in here.

And did anyone else almost cry when Vi's flower fell off?

dOMITUPSYK

[59]Mar 30, 2008
    TeenTitans_LOSH wrote:
    And did anyone else almost cry when Vi's flower fell off?

Yes. D: And again when "To Be Continued" came on the screen. Come to think of it, I was so wrapped up in the episode, I almost cried a bunch of times. (I'm weird like that.)

maya14belle

[60]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    maya14belle wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

I saw the episode. It was horrifying. Not only has Brainy turned evil, but he has killed Imperiex. BRAINY KILLED IMPERIEX IN COLD BLOOD!!!! OH MY GOD, BRAINY, HOW COULD YOU??!!!! SOMEONE HAS GOT TO SAVE HIM!!!!

I suspected Imperiex was going to be destroyed, but not in the way it happened in the episode. This is awful. I did want Imperiex to get destroyed after what he has done, but seeing Brainy kill him without warning and honor makes me feel pity. I thought the way Kel-El reacted was selfish, saying Imperiex was supposed to be his. It should matter that an enemy is gone, not who destroys him or her. Also, it was horrifying when Brainiac 5 infected Superman with Kryptonite. Lightning Lad said in the end that Superman is gone. I hope he becomes alive in the next and final episode. I have a feeling Brainy is going to die evil but what the preview said and showed.

well like sasuke he lost his purpose now that his "prey" is dead

Kel-El should realize what his other purpose is, something he has to live for: to save the world from the clutches of Brainiac 5. I hope he realizes this purpose in the next episode.
    But he was created for one purpose, and well all know what that is.

But he is not a tool for fighting, he is a hero and a person. Kel-El could still realize his other purpose. He cannot just live for what he was created for, to destroy Imperiex. He could live for anything else. That is what I believe.

I am also starting to suggest that Kel might be able to help Superman, but might give up his life in the process. That is what I believe his other purpose is, to save Superman. But I hope I am wrong. I do think that Kel should do something to save Superman. But I hope Kel-El won't die.

I think Imperiex getting destroyed was actually meant to happen. I think it is going to teach Kel-El that there is more to fight for.