Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - Dark Victory (1) (possible spoilers)

BrodieBanks

[81]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    *Sigh* It's not even over, and I already miss it. I've been watching Kids WB since Earthworm Jim and Freakazoid were on. I remember Static Shock, Detention, and Generation O!. And I can only say they're going out with a bang. Long Live the Legion!
    Edited on 04/02/2008 1:28am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

theportal

[82]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 26
    warnerbroman wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    I do hope Violet shows up. I just wanna give her a big geeky fan hug before the show ends.
    she dose Kell-el: Itachi was to be mine!

I am sorry but that was the only funny part of this episode

What does 'Itachi' mean? Either way, I'm pretty sure he said 'Imperiex'...

You know, as soon as Brainy started referring to Lightning Lad and Chameleon Boy as 'fellas', it should have dawned on them that something was wrong.

dOMITUPSYK

[83]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 10

BrodieBanks wrote:
    *Sigh* It's not even over, and I already miss it. I've been watching Kids WB since Earthworm Jim and Freakazoid were on. I remember Static Shock, Detention, and Generation O!. And I can only say they're going out with a bang. Long Live the Legion!

*gasps and slides down screen* I remember those... I thought it was "Molly O!" but my memory is foggy... TEH EARTHWORM JIM AND I EXPLODE and THERE'S something I haven't said in a while... *cough*

Anyhow, Itachi is Sasuke's older brother in Naruto. It be an Anime, Japanese cartoon. Basic plot: Itachi goes Old Skool Brainiac and kills their parents, and Sasuke is determined to become stronger than Itachi.

The "fellas" bit got me, too. He also said it in the comic, and I doubted it then, too. (Then again, someone listed Brainiac 4 as male in the comic, and the only version I'd heard of was Kajz Dox who was female [then again, I've learned that B4 was male in a different boot, so...])

warnerbroman

[84]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 15
    theportal wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    I do hope Violet shows up. I just wanna give her a big geeky fan hug before the show ends.
    she dose Kell-el: Itachi was to be mine!

I am sorry but that was the only funny part of this episode

What does 'Itachi' mean? Either way, I'm pretty sure he said 'Imperiex'...

You know, as soon as Brainy started referring to Lightning Lad and Chameleon Boy as 'fellas', it should have dawned on them that something was wrong.
    so it's you *pulls off mask* shadowstar!

read the post in TZ and you may get it

Emfrbl

[85]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 6
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

BrodieBanks wrote:

*gasps and slides down screen* I remember those... I thought it was "Molly O!" but my memory is foggy... TEH EARTHWORM JIM AND I EXPLODE and THERE'S something I haven't said in a while... *cough*

Anyhow, Itachi is Sasuke's older brother in Naruto. It be an Anime, Japanese cartoon. Basic plot: Itachi goes Old Skool Brainiac and kills their parents, and Sasuke is determined to become stronger than Itachi.

The "fellas" bit got me, too. He also said it in the comic, and I doubted it then, too. (Then again, someone listed Brainiac 4 as male in the comic, and the only version I'd heard of was Kajz Dox who was female [then again, I've learned that B4 was male in a different boot, so...])

B4 was male in the first storyline... B4 was unamed and female in Reboot Legion (storyline 2).

theportal

[86]Apr 3, 2008

warnerbroman wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    warnerbroman wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    she dose Kell-el: Itachi was to be mine! I am sorry but that was the only funny part of this episode
    What does 'Itachi' mean? Either way, I'm pretty sure he said 'Imperiex'... You know, as soon as Brainy started referring to Lightning Lad and Chameleon Boy as 'fellas', it should have dawned on them that something was wrong.
    so it's you *pulls off mask* shadowstar! read the post in TZ and you may get it

Yeah, it's me. I'll reply on Toonzone in a minute too, but I wanted to say that I'm positive he didn't use the word "Itachi". I didn't hear him say it, anyway...

Edited on 04/03/2008 1:05am

dOMITUPSYK

[87]Apr 3, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

BrodieBanks wrote:

B4 was male in the first storyline... B4 was unamed and female in Reboot Legion (storyline 2).

@_@ Too many story lines. Yargh. All I know is what I think I know. XP If that makes any sense.

theportal: He didn't say Itachi. It was a joke by Warnerbroman because Supes' and Sasuke's VA is the same person. *gets the feeling theportal isn't reading my post*

syrusfan

[88]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 38
    Whoa, B5 is evil now? And he killed Superman? Well, like Kell-El said, once a Brainiac, always a Brainiac. Imperix met his end, and I dont know what happend to Validus. You see, I know what happend to him, but we dont know if he is dead. even after all he has done, it was sad to see Imperix die like that. Kell-El should be kind of happy, he didnt get to kill Imperix, but at least he's dead. Part 2 will finish it up.

Emfrbl

[89]Apr 4, 2008
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

@_@ Too many story lines. Yargh. All I know is what I think I know. XP If that makes any sense.

theportal: He didn't say Itachi. It was a joke by Warnerbroman because Supes' and Sasuke's VA is the same person. *gets the feeling theportal isn't reading my post*

You'll love the new Crisis Storyline thats happening later in the DC comics... Legion of the 3 worlds. For anyone who is a fan of any version of the comic book Legion, snap it up! I saw a panel of a previous time all three met, best bit; Seeing Gates (I liked that bug guy!) and Koko again, plus all three versions of the comic book was seeing a certain character arguing with his otherselves - Orignal, Reboot and Threeboot Brainy! Lol. There was also three Saturn Girls and 3 StarBoys. I keep hearing Legion TV being mentioned a lot since the show was cancelled. Its fans it seems are as vast as the length of time of its membership... We're just getting into quality storylines right at the end of season 2. If it had been allowed to continue, providing what Season 2's Dark Victory gave us, who knows where this would have led. From what I gather, this shows cancellation has been a bit of an upset, because it felt like it finished too soon. Even people who aren't fans argue this as a case, and a AWEFUL lot of people want this show to continue. Who knows... I don't see a loss for all hope... If we pray maybe we'll get a second series start up continue on like when JL became JLU. There is plenty of people wanting this show to continue on.

theportal

[90]Apr 4, 2008
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

BrodieBanks wrote:

I have read your post. I was just wondering why warnerbroman said that the "Itachi" thing was the funniest part of the episode, as though it actually happened.

One more day.

Emfrbl

[91]Apr 4, 2008
    Why don't we all drop that already... Since only a couple of people know what the hell their taking about. ^-^' And focus on tomorrow... With no preview images... And only a not-so-helpful preview vid... Who can wait that extra day? :O

theportal

[92]Apr 4, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:
    Why don't we all drop that already... Since only a couple of people know what the hell their taking about. ^-^'

Huh? BTW, do you have a link to the preview vid?

maya14belle

[93]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    Why was the way Brainy destroyed the Dominators considered cold-hearted?

syrusfan

[94]Apr 4, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    He didnt destroy them, he shut them down.

dOMITUPSYK

[95]Apr 4, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:
    Why don't we all drop that already... Since only a couple of people know what the hell their taking about. ^-^'

XD

Emfrbl wrote:
    And focus on tomorrow... With no preview images... And only a not-so-helpful preview vid... Who can wait that extra day? :O

DX I have exploded mulitple times throughout the week waiting for it. And I continue to explode, and will continue to explode until after it's on. Then explode some more because that's the end of it. DX DAMN MY IMPATIENTNESS!

maya14belle

[96]Apr 4, 2008
    syrusfan wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

But why were the others acting like it was a bad thing?

syrusfan

[97]Apr 4, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    syrusfan wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

Serves me. They thought it just seemed a little extreme.

maya14belle

[98]Apr 4, 2008
    syrusfan wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    syrusfan wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

Serves me. They thought it just seemed a little extreme.

But how was it extreme?

Emfrbl

[99]Apr 5, 2008
    While he didn't kill them, he might as well have it was that cold. He also likened it to turning off a computer, not turning offliving creatures. Brainy was also fine with doing this and he didn't show any emotions, pity or regret about doing it.

theportal

[100]Apr 5, 2008

Emfrbl wrote:
    While he didn't kill them, he might as well have it was that cold. He also likened it to turning off a computer, not turning offliving creatures. Brainy was also fine with doing this and he didn't show any emotions, pity or regret about doing it.

But they were robots, unless I missed something.