Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - Dark Victory (1) (possible spoilers)

Emfrbl

[101]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    The dominators weren't but those ones were suddenly cyborgish without explaination... Whoa... Did I miss why they suddenly ended up like that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TeenTitans_LOSH

[102]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    it was kinda hard for me to imagine the evil brainy as that cute little kid from season 1.

dOMITUPSYK

[103]Apr 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    It's hard to imagine him as that cute little kid, period. DX They grow up so fast... XD My wallpaper is the progression of Brainy throughout the show- 1st season Brainy, 2nd season Brainy, and what would have been 3rd season Brainy. DX I miss Itteh Bitteh Braineh Cat. DX *squoosh*

Brainy: *choking* You know, you have PICTURES.
    Me: *sniff* That's all I have... DX

maya14belle

[104]May 3, 2008
    • level: 8
    Emfrbl wrote:
    While he didn't kill them, he might as well have it was that cold. He also likened it to turning off a computer, not turning offliving creatures. Brainy was also fine with doing this and he didn't show any emotions, pity or regret about doing it.

But haven't the Legion always shut down the Dominators to defeat them? If not, what does the Legion do with them?

maya14belle

[105]May 4, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:
    While he didn't kill them, he might as well have it was that cold. He also likened it to turning off a computer, not turning offliving creatures. Brainy was also fine with doing this and he didn't show any emotions, pity or regret about doing it.

But haven't the Legion always shut down the Dominators to defeat them? If not, what does the Legion do with them?

Someone PLEASE answer my questions.

Avearia

[106]May 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    I would, but I don't know the answer...

maya14belle

[107]May 8, 2008
    Avearia wrote:
    I would, but I don't know the answer...

That's okay. I think someone else knows the answers.

maya14belle

[108]May 10, 2008

maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:
    I still want answers. And I apologize if I sound whiny. I do not mean to be. I am just curious.

Edited on 05/10/2008 9:14pm

theportal

[109]May 11, 2008
    • level: 26
    maya14belle wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:
    I still want answers. And I apologize if I sound whiny. I do not mean to be. I am just curious.

I have no idea about the dominators. They're only machines as far as I'm aware, which makes the attempt at serious drama when Brainiac 5 shuts them down and the others are shocked a bit laughable.

EDIT - I found this, which should answer your question. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominators

Edited on 05/11/2008 5:34am

Avearia

[110]May 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    theportal wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:

maya14belle wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:

I have no idea about the dominators. They're only machines as far as I'm aware, which makes the attempt at serious drama when Brainiac 5 shuts them down and the others are shocked a bit laughable.

EDIT - I found this, which should answer your question. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominators

Well, why wouldn't they be shocked? I mean, BRAINY is a "Machine", after all, and when he gets in danger of being "Shut off" they get dramatic... the fact that he would do so, and so lightly, kinda shocked ME. (Or maybe they were just shocked because they were getting their butts kicked, and then Brainy just steps in with one zap and shuts 'em all down...?) And who knows--maybe robots are viewed differently in the future?