TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - Dark Victory (2) (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of Jackson_Holtorp

    Jackson_Holtorp

    [21]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 07/10/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 520
    Man that was an awesome episode! But it can't be the series finale they left it on a cliffhanger! Cartoon Network better pick this up!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BrodieBanks

    BrodieBanks

    [22]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 84
    With all due respect to the Legion writers, artist, and voice talent, it's disrespectful to say THAT works as a series finale. Not only did they leave questions unanswered, but they also teased us with promises of a new character and cheated Adam Wylie out of an entirely new job.
    Edited on 04/05/2008 7:23am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cassius335

    cassius335

    [23]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/24/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 166
    theportal wrote:
    Awesome. How did Kal-El return?


    The preview shows his coffin getting fired into the sun. For me, that pretty much explained it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [24]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175

    BrodieBanks wrote:
    With all sue respect to the Legion writers, artist, and voice talent, it's disrespectful to say THAT works as a series finale. Not only did they leave questions unanswered, but they also teased us with promises of a new character and cheated Adam Wylie out of an entirely new job.

    It sounds to me like this series ended on the same note that JL's "Starcrossed" did... in which case, I'm REALLY pumped to see this episode, as "Starcrossed" is one of the strongest animated arcs ever.

    How did Kal-El come back (EDIT - So he was revived by the sun's power?)? Was there some kind of problem with space and time, to restore Triplicate White? Was Brainy exiled from the Legion? Was the ending emotional? What is the cliffhanger? Does 1.0 seem badass? What is this about a fusion of Supermen I keep hearing? Did Kal-El forgive Brainiac 5?

    Edited on 04/05/2008 7:26am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maya14belle

    maya14belle

    [25]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 11/23/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 666
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY!

    ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER!

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    What do you mean by no closure?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BrodieBanks

    BrodieBanks

    [26]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 84
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY!

    ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER!

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    What do you mean by no closure?


    Well, considering that they gave that heartbreaking shot of Vi after she got hit...you know, I thought there might be something there
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maya14belle

    maya14belle

    [27]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 11/23/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 666
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY!

    ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER!

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    What do you mean by no closure?


    Well, considering that they gave that heartbreaking shot of Vi after she got hit...you know, I thought there might be something there

    Maybe if the show could continue, maybe it is because Brainy would be in love with Supergirl, like in the series JLU, in the episode Far From Home. Maybe his relationship with Shrinking Violet was just a brother-sister relationship. Like the relationship in the Justice League between Wonder Woman and J'onn and the relationship between Hawkgirl and Flash.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [28]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY!

    ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER!

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    What do you mean by no closure?


    Well, considering that they gave that heartbreaking shot of Vi after she got hit...you know, I thought there might be something there

    Maybe if the show could continue, maybe it is because Brainy would be in love with Supergirl, like in the series JLU, in the episode Far From Home. Maybe his relationship with Shrinking Violet was just a brother-sister relationship. Like the relationship in the Justice League between Wonder Woman and J'onn and the relationship between Hawkgirl and Flash.


    I thought the flower in the previous episode represented the relationship they could have had, but never will.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DukeLOrange

    DukeLOrange

    [29]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 11/24/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 200
    I like the fact they kept the evolution of v 1.0.... If you remember, Version's 1 purpose used to be to straight collect everything. After meeting Lex his purpose changed to reformat the universe in his own image.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of theportal

    theportal

    [30]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/06
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 17,175
    DukeLOrange wrote:
    I like the fact they kept the evolution of v 1.0.... If you remember, Version's 1 purpose used to be to straight collect everything. After meeting Lex his purpose changed to reformat the universe in his own image.


    JLU isn't in continuity with this show, though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Mac-Ale

    Mac-Ale

    [31]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 09/12/06
    • level: 60
    • rank: Grape Ape
    • posts: 2,690
    I suppose that with the future saved, it makes sense for a triplicate to "come back" (well, as much sense as time paradoxes can make) but I wasn't a big fan of it.

    Even if the writers would have been aware that this was the last episode, it's hard to "wrap up" the Legion as it takes place in many future and past timelines. The adventures never really end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SuperFreak5000

    SuperFreak5000

    [32]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 09/02/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 107

    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY! ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    What do you mean by no closure?
    Well, considering that they gave that heartbreaking shot of Vi after she got hit...you know, I thought there might be something there
    Maybe if the show could continue, maybe it is because Brainy would be in love with Supergirl, like in the series JLU, in the episode Far From Home. Maybe his relationship with Shrinking Violet was just a brother-sister relationship. Like the relationship in the Justice League between Wonder Woman and J'onn and the relationship between Hawkgirl and Flash.

    That's true. Even though, James Tucker, the LoSH series producer stated that there wasn't any plans from the show's inception to include Supergirl ... IMHO, that's doesn't mean she wouldn't have been eventually included as the series progressed. Since, Brainy is now organic, the possibility for romantic involvement is more feasible ... and Brainy tends to be historically linked to Supergirl. I can only guess that the budding Brainy/Vi relationship was a set-up for Brainy's brutish takedown of Vi in the first half of the finale. If Brainy and Vi had no kind of emotional investment, him hitting her wouldn't have had the same kind of emotional impact on the viewers. So far, I don't think I heard anybody lament about Brainy knocking down Lightning Lad, Chameleon Boy, Sun Boy, Star Boy or Matter-Eater Lad. And, I think that's because Brainy wasn't as close to them as he was to Vi (excluding Kal-El, of course, with whom I feel Brainy is most closest too.)

    As for the second half of the finale, I have to say that I am utterly pleased with the conclusion. I'm so thrilled that the last half lived up the first half's set-up. I've watched far too many shows where the first half is spectacular but then sadly the conclusion falls apart into a rancid mess. AFAIC, the finale ended logically and satisfyingly.

    I'm ecstatic that Brainy has become organic. (I feared that B5 was going to end up like Terra from Teen Titans--sacrificing his life to save the universe. Thank goodness, that didn't happen!) It's a great ending to his story arc and a wonderful way to acknowledge the comic book version of the character. I love the character design of humanoid Brainiac 5; he's just too darn cute for words.

    Sadly, though it looks like there was going to be a set-up for the third season to have Brainiac 1.0 bedevil the Legion and universe once again but it seems that we'll never know. *sigh*

    Edited on 04/05/2008 9:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TeenTitans_LOSH

    TeenTitans_LOSH

    [33]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 03/10/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 64

    I loved this episode, though the ending wasn't very satisfying. I was taking the cliffhanger as a hopeful sign that maybe they will HAVE to go on and make a third season, AKA un-cancelling the show. The reformed Brainiac 1.0 looks ultra-creepy.

    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG NON-ROBOT BRAINY!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy he finally got his one real wish. Not to mention he looks AAAADDDDDOOOOORRRRRAAAAABBBBBLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!! I'm glad they kept his hair color/style the same. It looks so dang cute with his new green eyes.

    AAAAAAWWWWWWWW poor Cham!!!!! I was actually satisfied when he cried during Superman's "funeral". I thought he would take it especially hard...for some reason. I almost cried with him. I also almost bawled when they showed Superman and Kell-El in Brainy's head and the good "Brainy" was all mangled and hanging there. But then it turned out really cute when he "came back to life" and rescued his old friend.

    I am disappointed that Brainy's leaving the Legion, but he said "at least until I sort out all these new feelings", so he probably will come back in the hoped-for alleged third season, which they BETTER MAKE!!!!!!!! Or else I'll be thinking about that nagging cliffhanger for the rest of my life. Not good.

    My cat was sitting on the floor in front of the TV; she jumped up and ran away hissing when Brainy screamed near the end (after the mental Superman/Brainiac fight in his mind). She was almost as freaked out as I was.

    I knew they couldn't kill Superman.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TeenTitans_LOSH

    TeenTitans_LOSH

    [34]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 03/10/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 64
    BTW I hope Brainy/Vi get together. They'd look so cute!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maya14belle

    maya14belle

    [35]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 11/23/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 666
    SuperFreak5000 wrote:

    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY! ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    What do you mean by no closure?
    Well, considering that they gave that heartbreaking shot of Vi after she got hit...you know, I thought there might be something there
    Maybe if the show could continue, maybe it is because Brainy would be in love with Supergirl, like in the series JLU, in the episode Far From Home. Maybe his relationship with Shrinking Violet was just a brother-sister relationship. Like the relationship in the Justice League between Wonder Woman and J'onn and the relationship between Hawkgirl and Flash.

    That's true. Even though, James Tucker, the LoSH series producer stated that there wasn't any plans from the show's inception to include Supergirl ... IMHO, that's doesn't mean she wouldn't have been eventually included as the series progressed. Since, Brainy is now organic, the possibility for romantic involvement is more feasible ... and Brainy tends to be historically linked to Supergirl. I can only guess that the budding Brainy/Vi relationship was a set-up for Brainy's brutish takedown of Vi in the first half of the finale. If Brainy and Vi had no kind of emotional investment, him hitting her wouldn't have had the same kind of emotional impact on the viewers. So far, I don't think I heard anybody lament about Brainy knocking down Lightning Lad, Chameleon Boy, Sun Boy, Star Boy or Matter-Eater Lad. And, I think that's because Brainy wasn't as close to them as he was to Vi (excluding Kal-El, of course, with whom I feel Brainy is most closest too.)

    As for the second half of the finale, I have to say that I am utterly pleased with the conclusion. I'm so thrilled that the last half lived up the first half's set-up. I've watched far too many shows where the first half is spectacular but then sadly the conclusion falls apart into a rancid mess. AFAIC, the finale ended logically and satisfyingly.

    I'm ecstatic that Brainy has become organic. (I feared that B5 was going to end up like Terra from Teen Titans--sacrificing his life to save the universe. Thank goodness, that didn't happen!) It's a great ending to his story arc and a wonderful way to acknowledge the comic book version of the character. I love the character design of humanoid Brainiac 5; he's just too darn cute for words.

    Sadly, though it looks like there was going to be a set-up for the third season to have Brainiac 1.0 bedevil the Legion and universe once again but it seems that we'll never know. *sigh*


    What does Brainy look like when he is organic? I didn't see the episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of suss2it

    suss2it

    [36]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 02/02/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 3,383
    Pretty good series finale, and a nice little cliffhanger to show us evil doesn't die, but evolve. And the Superman fusion looked pretty cool, oh and since Superman got a blood transfusion from Kel-El, is he know immune to the effects of krytonite?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of warnerbroman

    warnerbroman

    [37]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 4,161
    maya14belle wrote:
    SuperFreak5000 wrote:

    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY! ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    What do you mean by no closure?
    Well, considering that they gave that heartbreaking shot of Vi after she got hit...you know, I thought there might be something there
    Maybe if the show could continue, maybe it is because Brainy would be in love with Supergirl, like in the series JLU, in the episode Far From Home. Maybe his relationship with Shrinking Violet was just a brother-sister relationship. Like the relationship in the Justice League between Wonder Woman and J'onn and the relationship between Hawkgirl and Flash.

    That's true. Even though, James Tucker, the LoSH series producer stated that there wasn't any plans from the show's inception to include Supergirl ... IMHO, that's doesn't mean she wouldn't have been eventually included as the series progressed. Since, Brainy is now organic, the possibility for romantic involvement is more feasible ... and Brainy tends to be historically linked to Supergirl. I can only guess that the budding Brainy/Vi relationship was a set-up for Brainy's brutish takedown of Vi in the first half of the finale. If Brainy and Vi had no kind of emotional investment, him hitting her wouldn't have had the same kind of emotional impact on the viewers. So far, I don't think I heard anybody lament about Brainy knocking down Lightning Lad, Chameleon Boy, Sun Boy, Star Boy or Matter-Eater Lad. And, I think that's because Brainy wasn't as close to them as he was to Vi (excluding Kal-El, of course, with whom I feel Brainy is most closest too.)

    As for the second half of the finale, I have to say that I am utterly pleased with the conclusion. I'm so thrilled that the last half lived up the first half's set-up. I've watched far too many shows where the first half is spectacular but then sadly the conclusion falls apart into a rancid mess. AFAIC, the finale ended logically and satisfyingly.

    I'm ecstatic that Brainy has become organic. (I feared that B5 was going to end up like Terra from Teen Titans--sacrificing his life to save the universe. Thank goodness, that didn't happen!) It's a great ending to his story arc and a wonderful way to acknowledge the comic book version of the character. I love the character design of humanoid Brainiac 5; he's just too darn cute for words.

    Sadly, though it looks like there was going to be a set-up for the third season to have Brainiac 1.0 bedevil the Legion and universe once again but it seems that we'll never know. *sigh*


    What does Brainy look like when he is organic? I didn't see the episode.
    he has the same hair cut but with a purple and black shirt
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jackson_Holtorp

    Jackson_Holtorp

    [38]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 07/10/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 520
    I don't he's immune to kryptonite now. Just a transfusion that cleaned the blood. It would be kind of cool if he was immune to it now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maya14belle

    maya14belle

    [39]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 11/23/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 666
    warnerbroman wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    SuperFreak5000 wrote:

    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    maya14belle wrote:
    BrodieBanks wrote:
    OMG NON ROBOT BRAINY! ...but wait, no closure between him and Salu, yet there's a CLIFFHANGER! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    What do you mean by no closure?
    Well, considering that they gave that heartbreaking shot of Vi after she got hit...you know, I thought there might be something there
    Maybe if the show could continue, maybe it is because Brainy would be in love with Supergirl, like in the series JLU, in the episode Far From Home. Maybe his relationship with Shrinking Violet was just a brother-sister relationship. Like the relationship in the Justice League between Wonder Woman and J'onn and the relationship between Hawkgirl and Flash.

    That's true. Even though, James Tucker, the LoSH series producer stated that there wasn't any plans from the show's inception to include Supergirl ... IMHO, that's doesn't mean she wouldn't have been eventually included as the series progressed. Since, Brainy is now organic, the possibility for romantic involvement is more feasible ... and Brainy tends to be historically linked to Supergirl. I can only guess that the budding Brainy/Vi relationship was a set-up for Brainy's brutish takedown of Vi in the first half of the finale. If Brainy and Vi had no kind of emotional investment, him hitting her wouldn't have had the same kind of emotional impact on the viewers. So far, I don't think I heard anybody lament about Brainy knocking down Lightning Lad, Chameleon Boy, Sun Boy, Star Boy or Matter-Eater Lad. And, I think that's because Brainy wasn't as close to them as he was to Vi (excluding Kal-El, of course, with whom I feel Brainy is most closest too.)

    As for the second half of the finale, I have to say that I am utterly pleased with the conclusion. I'm so thrilled that the last half lived up the first half's set-up. I've watched far too many shows where the first half is spectacular but then sadly the conclusion falls apart into a rancid mess. AFAIC, the finale ended logically and satisfyingly.

    I'm ecstatic that Brainy has become organic. (I feared that B5 was going to end up like Terra from Teen Titans--sacrificing his life to save the universe. Thank goodness, that didn't happen!) It's a great ending to his story arc and a wonderful way to acknowledge the comic book version of the character. I love the character design of humanoid Brainiac 5; he's just too darn cute for words.

    Sadly, though it looks like there was going to be a set-up for the third season to have Brainiac 1.0 bedevil the Legion and universe once again but it seems that we'll never know. *sigh*


    What does Brainy look like when he is organic? I didn't see the episode.
    he has the same hair cut but with a purple and black shirt

    Does Brainy look like the Brainy in JLU?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of warnerbroman

    warnerbroman

    [40]Apr 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 4,161
    it is interesting that megatron and brainac had similar endings

    screaming ,exploding,barely surviving
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.