Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - Dark Victory (2) (possible spoilers)

dOMITUPSYK

[81]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    Phil Lamarr is awesome, too. He played on MadTV for a while, but went on. He voiced Count Veger from Jak and Daxter, Static himself, and Green Lantern (Static Shock version). Plus numerous others. I never would have known that he went from voicing a black teen to an aging (White! [Not being racist, just saying...]) bad guy. He's that good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maya14belle

[82]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 8
    Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    The series finale LOSH delivers a superb and intense episode that only makes me sorry we won't be seeing a season three--esp. the way it ended with a reborn Brainiac's chilling last reflection on the nature of evil. Kell discovers his purpose is not to bring death and destruction, but offer life and hope. Superman's "final" sendoff and his speech about Brainiac-5, as I've noted, recall Mr. Spock's death and James Kirk's reflection on his old friend: that he was the most human of anyone he's ever met. And how much butt does the Composite Superman kick, am I right?

If I'd have done anything differently, I'd have had Violet in the infirmary with a head bandage after Brainy's attack. Either she's a surprisingly resilinent little thing or they have a Legionare with the power to heal mild injuries on staff. Picture this: a now flesh-and-blood Brainy approaches Vi to apologize for his earlier actions...and she snubs him, turns on her heels and walks away. She's the only one who can't seem to forgive Brainy, because she cared about him the most--even more than Superman--and she took his betrayal deeply to heart.

It seems stopping Brainiac's madness changed the future so that the apocolypse didn't happen, and the 41st century wasn't destroyed...however, will Kel-El be able to adjust with still carrying the memories of a future that never happened? Will he still exist? It was only because of the cataclysm that he and Terra-Man were created, so wouldn't his existance be a temporal anomoly? Actually, wouldn't much of this season--the new allies found, the new enemies made, the business with the bottled city of Kandor, Lightning Lad's lost arm--not have occurred? Time travel is very confounding. But on the other hand, Trippy White is back!

Kell seems a bit harsh to say he was never one of the Legion...after all, he did have the honor of sitting on Timber Wolf's tribunal (and by the way, note how easy Wolvie manhandles Kell there!), and Duo Damsel was very nice to him in "Unnatural Alliances". If he felt like he didn't belong, it was through no lack of trying on the Legion's part...the guy's just got some serious trust issues to work through.

I just hope our little Pinnochio doesn't burn out enjoying all humanity has to offer now that he's a real boy. I mean, I don't want to see the Brainster turn up a couple of years later sporting a mullet, a couple of tattoos, and a pack of smokes rolled up in his sleeve, shacking up with some trashy beer-swilling girl from the bad side of the galaxy in a cruddy little apartment with a cruiser up on blocks on his front lawn. Maybe he can grow a bad teenage mustache, but that's it....

I agree with what you said about Kel. He was so selfish and cold when he said his words to Timber Wolf. Thinking he was useless because Imperiex is gone. Also how dare he tried to freeze Timber Wolf? WHAT A FREAK HE WAS AT THAT TIME!I FELT THAT I WANTED TO PUNCH KEL THERE IF HE REALLY EXISTED! At least Kel-El proved he wasn't useless by fulfilling his other purposes, helping Superman and Brainiac 5. Also in the finale, Kel-El seems to have finally learned what it was like to be a hero and be part of the Legion.

I was very stunned to see Brainy as an organic being. I did not predict that was going to happen. His eyes are also green now and like a lot of people said, he is cute, cuter than he was as a robot. It was amazing. I bet Brainy would have become more emotional than he was during the series. I wonder what the series would hae been like if it continued. Brainy would have indeed come back, like the way Hawkgirl returned to the League in JLU. At least the white part of Triplicate Girl is back. That helped made the series finale a good one, even if it is a cliffhanger.

Glitch4

[83]Apr 10, 2008
    • level: 3

You'd think there'd be more fanfics on ff.net after this...>>

(But they'd probably be slashes if not BrainyVi...oy.)

Voice actors are everything! I've learned to pay attention to them after finding out Tom Kenny played Rai Pedrosa on Xiaolin Showdown. XD I hadn't heard of Adam before LoSH, but it didn't really matter; I know him now. And if it wasn't for his voice-acting, then maybe I wouldn't be the Brainiac 5 fangirl I am. 8D

*Still can't get over his new look* His eyes have white in them now...a lot of it. Owo

Emfrbl

[84]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    Glitch4 wrote:

Voice actors are everything! I've learned to pay attention to them after finding out Tom Kenny played Rai Pedrosa on Xiaolin Showdown. XD I hadn't heard of Adam before LoSH, but it didn't really matter; I know him now. And if it wasn't for his voice-acting, then maybe I wouldn't be the Brainiac 5 fangirl I am. 8D

*Still can't get over his new look* His eyes have white in them now...a lot of it. Owo

Worst part of that, is now the series is over, we'll have to wait at least 15 months for the comic to show human B5. If it gets that far... So kiss that image long and hard fangirls, you won't be seeing it anytime soon. Lol.

SharanMcQuack

[85]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    By the way, you are aware that earlier the same day, on "skunk fu" the Ninja Monkeys made a giant monkey with baboon for a head to attack the good guys with? and this somehow made the giant brainaic with legion of doom headquarters for a head less than scary?

edi0t

[86]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 4

LOL

You actually watch those lame shows??? i just skip them coz they suck!!

Losh was ...... amazing, cliffhanger.........SUCKS :'(

Everytime i think of LoSh, its like theres a stone on my heart, and it pains soo sooo badly...... i pray to god they bring it back or CN picks up the show!!

i read somewhere here, that avatar is ending?? OMG ! now all i have remaining is Ben10 AF, naruto, one piece........ and some others.....

Anyone know when that show which lead to the destruction of LoSH aka Brave and the bold is coming out?? just what we need another dumb batman show sighhhhhhhh

:'(

Glitch4

[87]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    Emfrbl wrote:
    Glitch4 wrote:

Worst part of that, is now the series is over, we'll have to wait at least 15 months for the comic to show human B5. If it gets that far... So kiss that image long and hard fangirls, you won't be seeing it anytime soon. Lol.

To you I say phbbbt.

A year and three months? I can wait. ^^

Not like I have anything I need to do with my life.

suss2it

[88]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    edi0t wrote:

LOL

Everytime i think of LoSh, its like theres a stone on my heart, and it pains soo sooo badly...... i pray to god they bring it back or CN picks up the show!!

i read somewhere here, that avatar is ending?? OMG ! now all i have remaining is Ben10 AF, naruto, one piece........ and some others.....

Anyone know when that show which lead to the destruction of LoSH aka Brave and the bold is coming out?? just what we need another dumb batman show sighhhhhhhh

Brave and the Bold led to the end of Batman not LOSH, LOSH just doesn't have a large enough fanbase.

Fekul_the_Baby

[89]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 15
    QUOTE="edi0tAnyone know when that show which lead to the destruction of LoSH aka Brave and the bold is coming out?? [/QUOTE]
    I don't have an air date, but the buzz is that Batman will now be voiced by Deidrich Bader--no stranger to the DCAU, of course, having voiced Zeta (BATMAN BEYOND, THE ZETA PROJECT), and both No. 1 and Shadow Thief in THE BATMAN. But...a Bader Caped Crusader? I've heard him play both childlike naif and smarmy s.o.b. well, but will he do the Dark Knight justice?

knuclear2005

[90]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 18

i have learned that the LoSH cancellation was caused by 4Kids' take over of the company ;_; DAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/news.php?action=fullnews&id=95

Edited on 04/15/2008 11:19pm

Emfrbl

[91]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 6
    edi0t wrote:

LOL

One Piece isn't ending, its on temp. hold while they let something else air. Even still, now the audience has seen it, why air it? You can get the DVDS from start to finish soon. *Mad OP fan*

Yeah, someone already said what the death of LoSH was. I have another reason to hate 4Kids (I'm a OP fan, as I said). Naruto is still airing in Japan. The manga is still writing. You'll not see the end of that show (I'm an anti-Naruto, so this sucks to me). Avatar is ending but its not the end of the francise. I don't know what else they are doing, but they were talking about still keeping things going for a while after it finished. Ben10 is now coined to death.