Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread - In Your Dreams (possible spoilers)

Emfrbl

[21]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    They update the names occusionally, but eventauly they reverted some... Excuse the shortening of some names... Gotlazy and besides didn't know how to spelli names. -Elemental Lad = Alchemist or something (last all of one or two years until Reboot Legion kicked in)
    -Trip.Girl = Triad (In threeboot she is Trip.Girl again)
    -Brainiac 5 = Brainiac 5.1 (eventaully they dropped ".1" again hey it was dumb anyway!)
    -Col.Boy = Levathan (spelling) (Col. Boy in threeboot again, though he argues his name is "Micro Boy" since in that storyline he is a giant who can shrink)
    -Shrinking Vi. = Levathan 2 (She could shrink and grow in Reboot Legion... Reverted back to jusy shrinking in Threeboot, but she is now Atom Girl instead :-/ )
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SharanMcQuack

[22]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 11

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Stupid question... How did Brainy know to send holograms to the bridge to trick the Dark Circle? Wouldn't he have to know what Dream Girl was dreaming?
    Thank you! Of course, he might assume anything he did, Dream Girl's dream would have predicted (time paradoxes. I HATE time paradoxes!)

It would still have made more sense to me if Dream girl had fed the Dark circle misinformation. there is a way to change the outcome of dreams, you can learn to "enter" a dream and change it. I'd be surprised if Dream Girl did NOT learn this to see if by changing the dream, she could change the reality. Maybe that's what she TRIED with Lightning Lad's parents? Only that does NOT work. The reality happens how the dream should of occured, not how she changes it.

So she "changed" the dream the Dark Circle saw, knowing that does not work.

Might be fun if LL and DG start gettting along a little TOO well and Saturn Girl gets jealous.

Edited on 03/25/2008 7:41am

jwgrlrrajn

[23]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 23
    SharanMcQuack wrote:

Might be fun if LL and DG start gettting along a little TOO well and Saturn Girl gets jealous.

That'll never happen in this series because half the time KidsWB can't make a plot to save thier lives.

maya14belle

[24]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    SharanMcQuack wrote:

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Stupid question... How did Brainy know to send holograms to the bridge to trick the Dark Circle? Wouldn't he have to know what Dream Girl was dreaming?
    Thank you! Of course, he might assume anything he did, Dream Girl's dream would have predicted (time paradoxes. I HATE time paradoxes!)

It would still have made more sense to me if Dream girl had fed the Dark circle misinformation. there is a way to change the outcome of dreams, you can learn to "enter" a dream and change it. I'd be surprised if Dream Girl did NOT learn this to see if by changing the dream, she could change the reality. Maybe that's what she TRIED with Lightning Lad's parents? Only that does NOT work. The reality happens how the dream should of occured, not how she changes it.

So she "changed" the dream the Dark Circle saw, knowing that does not work.

That would be very interesting.

LegionFan1964

[25]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 3

Lighting Lad was called Lightning Boy in the very first Legion story, so his current name is an improvement.

What I like to see are the Legionaires calling each other by their given names. I think Saturn Girl did this in "In the Beginning" when the three were arguing in "present" time -- she called him Garth.

I liked the new episode okay; I would have liked to have seen another girl on the mission.

jwgrlrrajn

[26]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    LegionFan1964 wrote:

What I like to see are the Legionaires calling each other by their given names. I think Saturn Girl did this in "In the Beginning" when the three were arguing in "present" time -- she called him Garth.

True that.

Emfrbl

[27]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'd like to hear them pronounce some character names... XD

dOMITUPSYK

[28]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 10

I know! What the heck is "Bgztl" (or "Bgtzl", I forget which, anyways)? There's no possible way to say this the way it's spelled. I, at least, always wind up saying either Bigztil, or Bugztul, or Bigztle... and how do you pronounce "Querl"? I've always assumed it was said "kweh-rl"but ever since finding out that there's an ACTUAL word "querl", I'm not so sure it's not said "Kwurl". Querl, btw, means "twirl or coil".

Side note: I happened across the word "dusk" in the dictionary one day, and even though I knew the meaning, I read the definition anyway. Turns out that we get the word "dusk" from Old English "dox", and "dox" meant "dark one" in O.L. Ain't that somethin'? His name means "Twirl Dark One." XD

maya14belle

[29]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

I thought she was ugly, but I'm straight, so my opinion of her looks doesn't really count. I didn't feel sorry for her, but it's already been decided a long time ago that Lightning Lad is a jerk, and I think he gets it from Cosmic Boy- in S1, he was alright, but in S2, CB became more prominent, LL hung out with him more, and now LL is a big fat jerk. Coincidence? I think not.

I did feel sorry for teh Brainy, though- no one pays that much attention to him, and there they were blatantly playing paper football instead of listening. Although, why did it take him so long to notice? I noticed it 10 minutes before the scene was shown. :/ (An expression, I don't want to hear it.) Seemed in character to me- 2 19 year olds (I guess, does anyone really know?) choosing to piddlefart around instead of paying attention to their instructor. XD I thought it was a nice change of pace from the usual "Grr! Bad guys! Let's get 'em!" Heh. "Yawn. Bad guys. She knows."

"That's angry wolf growl-"
    "For end of the line, blah blah blah. Wasn't funny then, ain't funny now."

Aww, teh Brainish. *hug*
    Brainy: *choking* Can't *ack!* breath *gasp* help!

Summary: Me likey. ^_^

I think Dream Girl is beautiful, maybe even a little prettier than either Duo Damsel or Shrinking Violet.

Fekul_the_Baby

[30]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:
    ... and how do you pronounce "Querl"? I've always assumed it was said "kweh-rl"but ever since finding out that there's an ACTUAL word "querl", I'm not so sure it's not said "Kwurl".

I pronounce it similarly to "Carol"...as far as naming goes, Timber Wolf probably has the best handle, though in the comics when his feral half took over he was renamed "Furball"--now that's a tad condecending, dont'cah think? I think I've only ever heard the Legion's parents and siblings address them consistently by their given names: "Garth", "Tinya", "Brin", "Clark", etc. More on paper football: I don't think I've actually seen kids play that since junior high--more years that I care to count ago. Real twentysomething guys would probably be looking at the clock or pooling their spare cash to go on a beer run later on....

LegionFan1964

[31]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 3

In the mid-seventies' comics, which I'm re-reading, they called each other by their given names a lot. I think they called each other by their code names more when they were in public, even tho they don't have secret identities as such.

Hmm... staying on topic... nope, I got nothin'.

dOMITUPSYK

[32]Mar 27, 2008
    maya14belle wrote:
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:

I thought she was ugly, but I'm straight, so my opinion of her looks doesn't really count. I didn't feel sorry for her, but it's already been decided a long time ago that Lightning Lad is a jerk, and I think he gets it from Cosmic Boy- in S1, he was alright, but in S2, CB became more prominent, LL hung out with him more, and now LL is a big fat jerk. Coincidence? I think not.

I did feel sorry for teh Brainy, though- no one pays that much attention to him, and there they were blatantly playing paper football instead of listening. Although, why did it take him so long to notice? I noticed it 10 minutes before the scene was shown. :/ (An expression, I don't want to hear it.) Seemed in character to me- 2 19 year olds (I guess, does anyone really know?) choosing to piddlefart around instead of paying attention to their instructor. XD I thought it was a nice change of pace from the usual "Grr! Bad guys! Let's get 'em!" Heh. "Yawn. Bad guys. She knows."

"That's angry wolf growl-"
    "For end of the line, blah blah blah. Wasn't funny then, ain't funny now."

Aww, teh Brainish. *hug*
    Brainy: *choking* Can't *ack!* breath *gasp* help!

Summary: Me likey. ^_^

I think Dream Girl is beautiful, maybe even a little prettier than either Duo Damsel or Shrinking Violet.
    "...but I'm straight, so my opinion of her looks doesn't really count." Did I mention I'm female? And not girly, so I don't care about how other girls look (except for cartoon girls, then I feel free to judge. XP)
    Edited on 03/27/2008 3:03pm

SharanMcQuack

[33]Mar 28, 2008

NOBODY pays attention to BRAINY? What about the stupid writers who keep pushing that annoying know it all?

Edited on 03/29/2008 8:02am
    Edited 2 total times.

Avearia

[34]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    SharanMcQuack wrote:
    NOBODY pays attention to BRAINY? What about the stupid writers who keep pushing that annoying know it all?
    dOMITUPSYK was talking about in the episode, when he was presenting, no one was paying attention to him.

TeenTitans_LOSH

[35]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 4

Let me just say that I was more freaked out by the "Dark Victory" preview at the end than anything. It scared me. I'm really anticipating the episode.

I do like Dream Girl's design, but she was showing a little too much leg for my tastes. Being a girl, I tend to not notice if the females on the show look hot. Just skanky.

I was actually getting confused in some parts. I was having trouble deciphering Dream Girl's dream from what was happening in reality. Every time she would wake up I would find myself thinking, "OK, how much of that last scene was her dreaming and how much was real?" I wished they would've made it clear that she was going to sleep and the next scene was her dream. Did anyone else have this problem? Probably not. This might make me sound stupid but it was before I had coffee so I was kinda half-asleep.

I think I felt over-sympathetic towards Brainy when Star Boy and Timber Wolf waved off his joke ("angry wolf growl for 'end of the line'"). I thought it was kinda clever. But he did look sort of hurt. Poor Brainy. I wish I could've hugged him.

Oh yeah, two more things:

I agree with whoever said that Brainy was sounding more robotic. I noticed this and concluded that it might be part of him becoming less of the benevolent type and more evil. Before he downloaded the B1 data he was more human-like, and afterwards I actually started noticing him acting like a robot. And also the end did seem kind of rushed.

ImKagetsu

[36]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 12

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    She dreams visually. Brainy decided to use a hologram as a visual deception.

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Brainy's plan to fool the Circle was actually fairly clever...even a bit devious. But if Dream Girl herself has misinterpreted her own dreams on occassion, wouldn't this mean she has a very dangerous weakness? Her visions are at best subjective. Plus she admits she will lie to spare someone's feelings. I mean, if she saw someone was about to die of, like, horrible butt cancer in six months, would she be obligated to tell them right out, or should she be evasive?
    She "sees" what will happen. What she sees isn't always what is real. Basically as our own eyes play tricks. "In the show" she lies when she can't bring herself to tell people things look hopeless. What she sees isn't the "end all". Not to crush someone from seeking beyond is a noble thing.

Edited on 03/28/2008 10:05pm

SharanMcQuack

[37]Mar 29, 2008
    ImKagetsu wrote:

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    She dreams visually. Brainy decided to use a hologram as a visual Brainy did NOT see the dream. The Dark Circle did.

deception.

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Brainy's plan to fool the Circle was actually fairly clever...even a bit devious. But if Dream Girl herself has misinterpreted her own dreams on occassion, wouldn't this mean she has a very dangerous weakness? Her visions are at best subjective. Plus she admits she will lie to spare someone's feelings. I mean, if she saw someone was about to die of, like, horrible butt cancer in six months, would she be obligated to tell them right out, or should she be evasive?
    She "sees" what will happen. What she sees isn't always what is real. Basically as our own eyes play tricks. "In the show" she lies when she can't bring herself to tell people things look hopeless. What she sees isn't the "end all". Not to crush someone from seeking beyond is a noble thing.

dOMITUPSYK

[38]Mar 29, 2008
    SharanMcQuack wrote:
    ImKagetsu wrote:

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    She dreams visually. Brainy decided to use a hologram as a visual Brainy did NOT see the dream. The Dark Circle did.

deception.

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:

Your computer crapped on your post- it ate your comment.

dOMITUPSYK

[39]Mar 29, 2008
    TeenTitans_LOSH wrote:

Poor Brainy. I wish I could've hugged him.

I always want to hug Brainy. He's just too cute. ^_^ That, and I wasn't hugged enough by my mom, and I didn't have a dad, and various other reasons no one wants to hear me ramble about... IOW, I always need a hug. And Brainy has become my target. XD

dOMITUPSYK

[40]Mar 30, 2008
    HALP CONFUSED!! When they get the wrong dream, and Brainy pulls up the date, it says 11.1.12.10. What's all that for? Like ours, in the same format would be 3.30.08 (or 30.3.08 for everyone outside America).