Legion of Super Heroes Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Season 2 comes to the UK in April

theportal

[1]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 26

According to the turner info guide, Legion of Super Heroes will return to the UK with season 2 starting on Monday 21st April. Ironic that I learn about this the same day I hear that the show's been cancelled...

http://europe.turnerinfo.com/CN/UK/schedules/documents/CNUKApril_001.pdf

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dOMITUPSYK

[2]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 10

I'm moving to the UK, then. Roight, old chap, should we have a spot at the old pub?
    Brainy: FAIL
    Me: I know. D'X WHY GOD WHY
    Brainy: Please, GET OVER IT.

Erm, LOSH in the UK. Good for yall. (Being serious, not sarcastic.) I take comfort in the fact it lives SOMEWHERE.

Emfrbl

[3]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    I've never anyone speak like that outside of TV and a joke...

God I hate sterotypes, they kill my country. -_-'

theportal

[4]Mar 21, 2008
    Emfrbl wrote:

Um, were you talking to me? If so, then that's nice of you to say that just because I put the message across in a formal way.

dOMITUPSYK

[5]Mar 24, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:

Um, were you talking to me? If so, then that's nice of you to say that just because I put the message across in a formal way.

No, s/he was referring to me. And I WAS joking, BTW. I don't have room to stereotype- as a Southerner, people hear my accent and assume I'm stupid. Do any of you think I'm stupid (as in "don't know anything", not "Oh God, not another stupid conversation between her and Brainy...")?

theportal

[6]Apr 20, 2008
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:

No, s/he was referring to me. And I WAS joking, BTW. I don't have room to stereotype- as a Southerner, people hear my accent and assume I'm stupid. Do any of you think I'm stupid (as in "don't know anything", not "Oh God, not another stupid conversation between her and Brainy...")?

I don't think that, but I did wonder once or twice why you have the Brainy conversations so often. No offense.

Just a reminder to everyone that season 2 starts in the UK tomorrow!

dOMITUPSYK

[7]Apr 20, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:
    theportal wrote:
    Emfrbl wrote:

I don't think that, but I did wonder once or twice why you have the Brainy conversations so often. No offense.

Just a reminder to everyone that season 2 starts in the UK tomorrow!

Brainy is my conscious(albeit a bad one)because I don't have one. XD Kidding, sometimes for comedic effect (my sense of humor is... different.), sometimes boredom, sometimes to make a point, and sometimes to defend myself before someone says anything. Apparently, sometimes I fail, as in this case. *Flies to UK*

theportal

[8]Apr 22, 2008
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:
    *Flies to UK*

To watch season 2 again?

The season opener was good but it could have been better. Maybe I'll warm to Superman X in time. But more of Triplicate Girl is always good, and I was disturbed to see Triplicate White vanish... Was she killed by the robot or did she cease to exist first? Looking forward to part two tonight.

dOMITUPSYK

[9]Apr 22, 2008
    theportal wrote:
    dOMITUPSYK wrote:
    *Flies to UK*

To watch season 2 again?

The season opener was good but it could have been better. Maybe I'll warm to Superman X in time. But more of Triplicate Girl is always good, and I was disturbed to see Triplicate White vanish... Was she killed by the robot or did she cease to exist first? Looking forward to part two tonight.

Yes. XD

And she ceased to exist. *tries hard to keep spoiler to self*

theportal

[10]Apr 23, 2008
    Part two was much better! It was a good episode all round, whereas I was a bit bored by some of part one (it wasn't the ideal way to open a season). Triplicate Girl is my favourite character (though Brainiac 5 is a contender for that too), so the focus on her was great. Bouncing Boy/Triplicate Girl (or should that be Bouncing Boy/Duo Damsel?) is great and we need more of it. Superman X was cool in this episode, though I don't like the idea of a Superman that's basically a Batman knockoff. He needs more development. Imperiex was so generic in part one, but he was used wisely here. And I like Phantom Girl, and how she responded to Lightning Lad's desire for vengeance. Bring on "Cry Wolf"!

theportal

[11]Apr 24, 2008

"Cry Wolf" was almost as good as the previous episode, but not quite. I liked the way they tried to do a film-noir detective story, complete with a narration, but it was too much like Justice League's "In Blackest Night" and the characterisations were off.

Cosmic Boy: What happened to him? He was a potentially, interesting, complex character but he was so one-note here. What was up with his desperation to stick by the rules and fly in the face of Legion values?

Kel-El: It seemed to me like they meant to use Kal-El but used Kel instead. Bad move. The two Superman aren't so alike that Kel would do what Kal would in a situation like this. So Kel was out of character, when he was shown to be less sensitive in the season opener. I guess they're developing his character, but this is only his third episode, and his progression needs to make sense...

Chameleon Boy: Why did he have to be the one to stand up for Timber Wolf? We know very little about him, and it seemed that he only stood up for Timber Wolf because he's the youngest member of the group, and thus the most innocent, I guess. What I'm getting at is that they should have been clear about why he was eager to rescue Timber Wolf: hero worship, maybe? After all, he's just joined the Legion and probably has great respect for these icons. That should have been played up.

Phantom Girl: Nothing wrong with her in this episode, but I wish they would be more forward with the Timber Wolf/Phantom Girl pairing. This is the Legion (a huge group) after all, and I'm betting that there won't be time after this to play with the possibility of putting them together (whereas Teen Titans had plenty of time with Robin and Starfire, due to the small nature of the group).

Anyway, this was probably the most interesting episode yet. "Chain of Command" is probably still my favourite, though.

Edited on 04/24/2008 1:45am

theportal

[12]Apr 24, 2008
    "Chained Lightning" was... wow! The best episode yet! Shame that we didn't get a season 3: Brainiac 5/Shrinking Violet could have been a fantastic plot device in season 3.

theportal

[13]Apr 25, 2008
    "The Karate Kid" was a cool episode. Chameleon Boy is improving as a character and I liked Karate Kid - was he voiced by Phil Lamarr aka. Samurai Jack/Green Lantern? It certainly sounded like that. Grimbor was a cool villain, and his use was a nice way of heightening the danger of the Imperiex threat without actually having Imperiex appear. Cosmic Boy's characterisation continues to disappoint, though - he keeps acting like he's somehow resumed the role of leader in Bouncing Boy's absence. The Legion trials were nice to see, though Calamity Kid really should have been inducted. This was my second favourite episode of the season thus far - it was fun and appealing in a way that I could not help but enjoy.

theportal

[14]Apr 28, 2008
    "Who Am I?" was good but weird. It was just too confusing and random. I daresay that Kel-El and Chameleon Boy are getting overexposed... The Ron-Karr stuff was nice, but I wish the episode had focused more on the lives Chameleon Boy and Ron-Karr had led. It would have given the finale more oomph. The Legion reflecting on what makes a person who they are was a bit forced and silly, but at least we got a tantalising Brainiac 5 hint out of it.
    Edited on 04/28/2008 1:21pm

theportal

[15]Apr 29, 2008
    "Unnatural Alliances" was very good. Kel-El was put to great use, and Imperiex had some amusing moments while retaining more menace than he had previously. The dilemma Kel faced in turning against Terra Man was very good indeed. Duo Damsel's new design isn't bad but I prefer her usual one. Solid episode!

I guess I'm talking to myself but I wanted to post my thoughts on these episodes somewhere.

theportal

[16]Apr 30, 2008
    "Message in a Bottle" was great! Fantastic episode, one of the best, if not the best. That's all I have to say. Well, I'd seen a good chunk of this episode before so I don't have much to say about it now.

theportal

[17]May 1, 2008
    What a string of strong episodes! "In the Beginning" was a terrific episode. It felt more natural than the Teen Titans episode "Go!" and had lots of enjoyable elements. Cosmic Boy was actually likeable, despite the fact that he has now deluded himself into thinking that he has reclaimed his former position as leader from Bouncing Boy. I thought that the love triangle would be resolved in this one, but never mind. So Chameleon Boy's Dad is RJ Brande? I thought his Dad had only started funding the Legion after season 1. Huh. Grimbor's return was nice. Kel-El was out of his element but still welcome; he served his purpose in needing to be filled in on the origins of the Legion. Fight scenes were a bit stiff, but the ending was excellent.

theportal

[18]May 2, 2008
    "Trials" took its time getting going, but once it picked up the pace, it became a very good episode. I'm not very fond of Kel-El and initially felt that the plot was a contrived way of putting him in the spotlight again, but things worked out for the best as he and Zyx became an entertaining pair. The final trial and the showdown with Mordru were great. Good episode.

theportal

[19]May 7, 2008
    "In Your Dreams" finally aired today. Good episode. But how did Brainiac 5 arrive in time to help the others after he'd realised that they'd been set up? Anyway, there was some great stuff here, like the Ayla reference, which really added weight to the Lightning Lad/Dream Girl dynamic. The Dark Circle were quite cool and a nice breath of fresh air. I'd say this is in the top 4 of the season thus far. I've already unofficially seen "Dark Victory", but when I see both parts properly over the next two days, I'll be able to formulate a proper opinion on it.

theportal

[20]May 8, 2008
    "Dark Victory part 1" aired in all its glory earlier today. It was a lot of fun, with maybe the best story of the series. Just very compelling. Animation and music were a lot weaker than usual, but the episode relied more on dialogue than action so it wasn't hurt too much by that. Imperiex's death was very cool and well deserved, since he was fairly generic in most of his episodes (though he was very interesting in "Unnatural Alliances" and "Who Am I?", and he did have his moments now and then). This episode made great use of the Brainiac 5/Superman dynamic, but I wish that this season had focused more on it. They interacted a lot last season - they should have interacted a lot in this season too. I'm still not too keen on Kel-El. A clone of Spiderman is cool (Scarlet Spider, anyone?) but I can't really swallow the concept of a clone of Superman. But the differences between the Supermen were finally highlighted here, and it was great to watch. Their different attitudes to Brainiac 5 were great to see.

Phantom Girl and Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel not having speaking roles in the series finale two-parter is unforgivable... Anyway, great Brainiac 5-related stuff in this episode. I'm looking forward to the series finale tomorrow!