Legion of Super Heroes

The CW (ended 2008)

Gislef

Legion of Super Heroes Fan Reviews (56)

• Litteraly! Honestly though I did thoroughly enjoy this first episode. I can't wait to see future members/what else is to come from the Legion of Super Heroes. Until Next Week then...

I thought this show made a very interesting first impression and a turn for the better when the theme song started. I mean seriously that was one of the best theme songs I've seen in a long time. I was glad that the episode was very good, which is surprising for most series premieres. I have high hopes that this show could become the next Justice League/Teen Titans/The Batman/every other show that's awesome that is out there. I want nothing less then 4 seasons of this show and I will happily be this shows only supporter if no body else likes it but that seems very unlikely. Please continue to support this show and it could be the next big thing to hit Kids' WB.
  • BRING BACK THE LEGION, I LOVE BRAINIAC 5 AND REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO HIM.

the legion of superheroes is a great show set in the 31st centry montropolis. its characters include:

lightning lad
    bouncing boy
    timberwolf
    and my favirote, brainiac 5
    & many other characters

the legion is a group of teenaged superheroes who have banned together to fight evil. the series is mostly based around a friendship between superman and brainiac 5, who is a desendant of supermans 21st centry arch-foe brainiac.

now the important bit:
    this series has been ended on a cliff hanger wich has left hundreds of legion fans devestated. this cliff hanger is made when brainiac 5 has finally got his dream of being a human but leaves the legion, superman x joins the legion.... and in the last scean we see brainiac 1.0 get a body and declare revenge... the series ends there.
    i think this is exstremly unfair leaving the legion like this, in the final episode we see brainiac 5 tell superman hes leaving but he also says the will return when he feels ready, i belive many legion fans around the globe will agree with me in saying this is very much stupid leaving a great series like this.
    so now i conclude with this statement:
    SAVE THE LEGION
  • Legion of Super Heroes was a quality show, but not a commercial success. This underappreciated gem had great animation, though, and exciting storylines.

Legion of Super Heroes was a well-done show that never really caught on. It was a fascinating attempt to update a 1950s comics franchise for today's 21st century kids. It didn't succeed commercially, but it was quality series.

Legion of Super Heroes is about a team of super-powered teen-agers from the 31st Century. They travel back in time to enlist the help of a young Clark Kent, aka Superboy.

The animation quality is very good and the character designs are sharp and iconic. The large ensemble cast made it difficult to keep track of who's who though. Legion of Super Heroes has dozens of character and each episode would only focus on a few. I think this made it difficult for kids to latch on to any particular character. Most shows have a small cast with a few heroes that don't change from show to show.

Legion had tons of action and great animation. But the heyday of the Legion comic was many years ago, so today's kids have no idea who Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, or Lightning Lad are.

It was a good attempt to update the characters, But it didn't catch on. Perhaps if they had a tighter focus on just a few characters. Or perhaps today's kids aren't as excited by the 31st century premise.
  • This series has greatly improved from last season. One of the best animated series out there right now.

Last season this series was a somewhat of a bore, but season 2 started with a bang and each episode is one great explosion after another, very original storylines, superb animation, and voice acting is really well done.
    The whole Imperiex storyline for season 2 has left me not missing one episode, it all connects, its like a 13 part mini-series, anyway for those who have never watched this series, you must give it a chance, i say you start watching now, you don't know what youre missing. Rumor has it that Darkseid will be a major villian in season 3.
  • well its no teen titans or batman...

since i have a 4 year old son i watch these shows with him saturday mornings. as an adult i actually do find some of these saturday morning cartoons bearable, even pretty good. the only two i really like are the batman and teen titans. so naturally i was sad to see the teen titans be cancelled.

i gues the replacement for teen titans was this. well, so far its not near the show. while teen titans was a good show that adults could watch with their kids and enjoy, this seems to be JUST MERELY A KIDS SHOW. now i'm not saying it will stay that way, but at this point it needs some work.

it has potential though...
  • LOSH follows the adventures of a group of teenage superheroes one thousand years in the future who must travel back in time to recruit Superman, the greatest superhero of all time, in their fight against evil.

I love LOSH. It's really the only reason I get up on Saturday morning. I hate those cheesy cartoons that always have happy endings when some guy comes in and saves the town from a lame villain. Those always bugged me because it was basically the same plot for every episode throughout the show: a bad guy shows up, the good guy has to run in and stop him. Legion of Super Heroes isn't like that. Each episode has an original, maybe complicated, well-thought-out plot and leaves me in suspense for next week. The characters are wonderful, with exceptionally good voice acting. Surprisingly, one of the biggest things I like about this show is that it doesn't always have a happy ending. Life doesn't always have happy endings; that's why I hate it when in some shows every single episode turns out all joyful and resolved and everyone's cheerful and happy. LOSH can sometimes be dark and even grim, which makes more sense to me. I love how the characters are all so different; they have a favorite character for everybody who watches the show. Now if only we can prevent cancellation...
  • The Legion of Super Heroes is a group of superheroes in the 31rst century that looked up to Superman as a role model. The Legion is in a way a younger futuristic Justice League, with many heroes with their own unique powers. *some spoilers in review*

I'll admit one thing right away, although many of the writers and creators of the DCAU (DC Animated Universe) are part of this show, it's not the same but still good in its own way. The stories are different and there are always new original plots. The Legion of Super Heroes travels back in time to recruit Superman/Clark Kent before he goes off to Metropolis. In the first season he learns his various super powers, history, gains experience fighting villains like the Fatal Five, and even his weaknesses. I also have to say that season 2 is AMAZING right now. I like it so much better than season one. I originally thought this show was a bit stupid and didn't like how Clark Kent would be Superman (though really it's more like Superboy) before he actually donned the tights in Metropolis as an adult instead of a teenager. But I gave this show a chance and actually liked how things turned out and how the mythos still lines up very nicely. In season 2, everybody is now a young adult and has grown a lot from the first season where most Legionnaires were teenagers, which is a lot better IMO and the LOSH (Legion of Super Heroes) also gets a visit from a 41rst century Superman clone (Superman X/Kell-El) which is an interesting storyline and introduces the villain Imperiex. I also like how you see parts of the DC comics mythology not seen in other cartoons and yet see things that are similar so it's still fairly familiar. Anyways, a fabulous show and I think everybody should give it a chance and watch it because you may end up liking it like I did.
  • teenage superheroes of the future recruit superman to help them and help him further understand his powers, awesome show!

This was a really awesome show and i really miss it. it seriously needs to be brought back on the air!!! definately for a third season! the character "interactions" were fine but a little more couldnt hurt, right? both seasons were very good but personally i liked the second one better because the characters were older and more grown up plus there was the addition of many characters to major plots. Final words: disagree with me or agree? Legion of Superheroes should most definately come back on the air... straight up, no questions asked, hands down.. etc. ?? what do you think? :) *~*
  • Another DC animation hits the air. Unfortunately, Legion of Super Heroes doesn\'t quite have the same character synergy as Teen Titans did, which leaves a somewhat bland taste in my mouth.

First off, let me state that I\'ve never read DC comics in general, so I don\'t know any of the homages in Legion of Super Heroes to the comics. With that said, so far I\'ve been somewhat underwhelmed by Legion of Super Heroes. It\'s got the superhero action I\'ve enjoyed in the past from the Dini run (Batman, Superman, Justice League, etc.) and Teen Titans, but something seems... off. Maybe it\'s the unfamiliarity of the characters, but in comparison to the other shows, and Teen Titans in particular, which I think is the same target audience, the characters in LoSH don\'t have the same impact, nor do they have the chemistry in the group.

Most of what I think makes a group show work is the synergy of interesting personalities bouncing off each other. Teen Titans is a good example of this. Each of the core group of heroes had both dominant heroic character traits and some humanizing flaws. Robin was dedicated and a good leader, but also stubborn and obsessive; Beast Boy was cheerful and playful, but often childish; Starfire was caring and innocent, but naive and sometimes clueless; and so on. Not only were these traits clear, but the show emphasized a lot of the interaction dynamics that these character traits caused, like Beast Boy constantly getting on Raven\'s nerves, or Starfire softening Robin\'s viewpoint. Another example of group synergy would be the pirate crew from One Piece, for those that have seen the un-cut Japanese anime or read the manga (still can\'t recommend the American censored version of the anime at all).

In comparison, the Legion so far has had one-dimensional characters to me, without much personality. Superman and Saturn Girl are goody, Lightning Lad\'s sorta wild, Phantom Girl\'s sorta petulant, Brainiac\'s logical... and that\'s about all the sense I get out of them. There\'s little synergy between the characters and not very much development of relationships between the team members, outside of a token stab at a pairing of Bouncing Boy\'s happy-go-lucky personality against Brainiac\'s rigidity, which felt forced.

I also want to make particular mention of Phantom Girl\'s character design being rather unappealing with her buggy eyes, huge forehead, and tiny weird feet, which makes it difficult to empathize with her. Maybe she\'ll grow on me, but gaaah, those eyes...

Sure, the show has battles, and energy whatsits fly everywhere, and things blow up, which is fun, but with the characters feeling empty, the show ends up feeling empty. Here\'s hoping they pick it up on the character banter and personality development.
  • This show HAS potential if they would just up the bar. It doesn't even come close to the DCAU or Teen Titans but with some work, it could.

Without going into a huge history lesson here I will try to keep the geekness to a minimum. Legion Of Super Heroes could be a good show if done right, but so far season 1 hasn't been done right. It also would help if they would have been able to call him Superboy and not young Superman, but that is story by itself. Even better then that would have been if he was already Superman and then traveled to the future and joined the team. Even better then that yet would be if it was part of the DCAU, but sadly that has ended. But since whats done is done what the show needs now is makeover. Raise the bar a little higher and become more like Justice League with a strong developed character roster, action and quality plots. The show is still relatively new (at the time I am writing this anyway) and it may improve in the future but as of right now Legion Of Superheros is in need of a good kick in the pants.
  • Its very entertaining. Hope Wb knows how good the show is especially here in the philippines.

Its very entertaining. Hope Wb knows how good the show is especially here in the philippines. Almost everyone even adult watches this series. Its the best since justice league unlimited. With the interaction from superman to the new heroes...it was awesome. And superman kinda brought his boy scout attitude with this one. He was good in justice league but he's kind a bossy in there.Because he is one of the founder of the league. But here in legion of superheroes, he is just trying to fit in which is kinda fun to watch. he discovers his powers. and his place in the world.
  • Wow a great show it's like a cross over with the Teen Titans and Justice Leuge I am going to add this show to favorites.

Great show it's not the best show bnut it's great at first I couldnt watch it because I kept falling asleep but I finally watched it I loved it I wonder when the new episodes start I cant wait this show is awesome best thing on the CrapW Great show.
  • Another great new series.

Ever since both Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited were cancelled, I was feeling down. Then I find out about this new series about the Legion Of Super Heroes and I was intrigued. All my knowledge of comic books is based on all of the animated series I've seen. Batman from Batman: The Animated Series, Superman from Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League from Unlimited and so on. So I have little knowledge of the Legion of Super Heroes, but it looks intriguing.

The animation is a little weird, a bit deformed, the theme music sounds like something from Hawaii Five-O, and the voices are fine. So, if you've miss with Justice League, I'd recommend giving this a shot. It's not Justice League, but its starting to be an interesting series.
  • This show is mainly about how a group of young superheroes fend off evil.

The show's storyline has a group of superheroes go in the past to find Superman. They find young Clark instead. He then learns the powers he has as Superman. There is a lot of action with that. Mostly when the legion takes on evil. This is one of the great parts of the show. The characters themselves are complex. They all have different personalities. Sometimes this show gets boring, but that rarely happens. The character art will probably remind you of the art of Teen Titans. Which is a good thing. Overall this show is great with plenty of action.
  • Legion of Super Heroes is a series of a legion set around a century after Superman's time who need help and rebring back Superman from the past. In Season 2 a new Superman a century after that of the Legion who reveals to be a clone comes in need of help!

This show is quite good, although it's about Superman which I'm not a massive fan of, they've managed to make it quite interesting, also the fact that it's not only based around him, but the other characters and the problems and powers of the other characters also help create an interesting story and plot to the series.
    I also like the different types of characters to and how they make it that there's one episode that makes or gives the seemingly less important part one of the most important parts that end up actually saving the others, helping to give out the message that no matter what tpye of person you are, you are important and even though you may not be the most popular one at school/work etc you shouldn't let them get to you as it could be that one time they might need help from you or you could be a big influence on them due to the way you are like.
    This show is really smart, inspiring and quite well written.
  • Loosely based on the classic comic book series, LSH is an excellent animated series considering a large part of its target audience is in the 8-12 age range. It's no Bullwinkle, but it kicks Captain Planet's butt.

This series is an excellently done adaptation of the classic LSH comic book characters. Utter purists will be displeased (although one should point out to such snobs "which" version of the LSH they thought should be adapted, the 60s childlike version, the 70s revoltomatic, the 80s perfections, or the 90s darkathon...), but, all in all, it is exceedingly well done for something which must also appeal to kids 8-12. It certainly lacks the subtle intellect of, say, Bullwinkle, but it is still quite competently done, and manages to have a strong appeal to anyone who can allow for the fact that there won't be deeply complex emotional characterization considering the primary target age range. The characters are engaging if not overly complex, the plots, so far, are interesting riffs off of classic LSH plotlines, and the animation is adequate for series TV. Add to that a rockin' title theme and the result is, if not classic TV, certainly a nicely done adaptation of what, with over 25 regular members, 30 years of history and a vast plethora of villains, is one of the most complex superhero groups in the comic books.
  • I wish this was one when I was a child...

Strong personnelities... Varity of powers... The show has mix of all kinds of elements, some good and some bad. Anyone who doesn't watch the show or says its bad really needs to be tested, because there are a lot of bad shows out there for children - but very few of them are near this level of goodness. This is the kind of show we had back in the 80s before everything went sour in the mid 90s, only better.
  • A good combination of character development and action, Legion of Superheroes shows that DC Comics is indeed strong with its cartoons.

Legion of Superheroes follows the trend of previous DC Comics TV programs of depicting superhuman beings in their efforts to make our lives a little safer, and thankfully the trend is not showing a downturn.

Among the big standing points for Legion of Superheroes is character development. Watching the characters and seeing them acting not like superheroes but as people really makes you feel for them. Even villains get moments in the spotlight, whether you hate them or not. But whatever the case, each character is unique and makes the cast colorful and likable (mostly).

Action sequences are also the forte of DC Comics cartoons, and Legion of Superheroes is no slouch in the department. It's very likely that when you watch one of the heroes dish out a beating to a villain or take a beating, you'll be at the very least entertained. But in my eyes, watching how the violence has been upgraded a bit is a wonderful sight, bringing back fond memories of Batman: The Animated Series. Though presented somewhat in the style of Teen Titans, it has enough variation from its predecessor to stand on its own.

Needless to say, Legion of Superheroes is a staple DC Comics cartoon that fans should watch. The only letdown for the series is that it only lasted two seasons. It definitely could've gone for longer.
  • Sad it's over.

I am really gonna mis this show. I really enjoyed watching this show. I didnt get to see much of season 2 because something was wrong with my WB network, but I eventually caught up. It is a really great show. I have yet to see the last episode, but from what I hear, it was awesome. My favorite character was Brainiac 5 before he went all human. Superman X was also cool. To be honest, Brainiac had to be really strong to take out Imperix. I really would have wanted this sow to have a third season, but all good things must come to an end. LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!!!
    I dare you to say that five times fast.
  • The Legion of Super Heroes is totally cool!!!

This show surpasses super cool!
    It is action packed, original and completely awesome!

But most of all, i fell in love with the 'bad' guys (villians!). I mean where else can you find such cool kick-ass villians. In most shows, good always triumps over evil; and the good guys (super heroes) always win the bad guys (villians).
    However, in 'Legion of Super Heroes' the bad guys really have cool powers and gave the super heroes a run for their money!

I mean lets get real, people are tired of seeing the 'good-guys' defeat the 'bad-guys' without so much as breaking a sweat.
    Therefore, after i watched the first episode of Legion of Super Heroes, i fell in love. Basically, because it took all the members of the Legion to lock up the bad guys; plus they actually admitted that the bad guys were tough...so that gives me hope that the show is original and will be a success!
  • Has potential, but why oh why did they go back to the old names?

7.4
    A lot of the comic readers I know who loved JLU weren't looking forward to this, I personally don't think it's too bad. It could really go places. I just wish they hadn't returned to old names; a team of thirty lads, lasses, girls, and boys was okay in the 70's, but this is the twenty-first century. Other than that, I think the show can be interesting if they play up the human angle, which they've been aiming to do, and stick to the Legion's more interesting villains. I'm going to keep tuning in as long as I can stand the corny old names.
  • Underappreciated and hopefully will continue running for a long time.

I just recently got into this show, and I didn't think I would like it, but once I watched the first episode I just kept watching! I don't think that people realize how few real superhero shows are left, and I really appreciate that this show fills the gap that so many other shows left when they ended (Justice League Unlimited, X-Men Evolution, Teen Titans, etc.) The first season started off with a group of teenagers fighting the Legion of Supervillains and eventually a SunEater. The second season so far is great, the characters have matured with the show. I liked that the second season started pretty sad, because it added emotion and depth to the storyline (*Spoiler if you haven't watched yet*: with Saturn Girl in a coma and Triplicate Girl becoming Duo Damsel). This show is funny, entertaining, and not just a mindless cartoon, and I really appreciate that. I hope it gets signed for a third season if it hasn't already!
  • A great show shown on Kids WB!

This is an awesome show. full of action and adventure. I
    can't wait for season 2 to come out in fall 2007,This is one of the only good shows shown on Kids WB! I watch it all
    the time on saturday mournings at 10AM. I even taped a few episodes of TV on VHS. I have two tapes featuring all together 8 episodes. Anyway great show on Kids WB! I just enjoy watching it! I hope in the future that Kids WB! shows better cartoons just like this one because Kids WB! needs more great cartoons just like this one and I really mean it!
  • 1000 years in the future a group of superpowered teens save the universe from evil

This is the best show ever! I just started watching it and i love it!!!! Its like TT and JLU show together but not as great as both. Its a really great show to watch after them. Its a great show on KidsWB and the story line is very clear lots of action its a must watch show! Im addicted to it! The show is really fun to watch.... ok need more words gfd hufdsu hu hu hrufsd hufs huiegf huis hfudsi huri rhuis huir hui hugiegalei rheuisago gbfjdsi thuiaog bios BEST SHOW EVER!!!!! gfhduig huisg fiud gsio hgi hguf hru r
  • Superman -- from the present -- gets taken to the future to help the Legion of Superheroes, with DC Comic heroes such as Brainiac 5 and Lightning Lad (Live Wire).

This is a really awesome show, because James Tucker does a really fabulous job at bringing back these old superheroes and keeping them in character. You get to see a new side of Superman, one closer to Clark Kent and not the amazing, bulky, and might I add, FAKE hero. Brainiac 5 has all-metallic skin instead of his usual fake skin, a disappointment to many viewers. However, I -- having never experienced Legion of Superheroes in comics before -- have taken a liking to this young Coluan (which they spell Koluin in the captions to this animated series) because of his talented voice actor and his tiny cute-ness, if that explains anything.

Even if you have read the comics of LOSH, or if you're just bored, the animated Legion of Super Heroes is a hit.
  • This show is great! Not only do I like the characters, I wish I had their superpowers. I especially like Lightning Lad... This show has cool action scenes and great superheroes.

I never thought about watching Justice League, but "Legion of Superheroes" has me turning on the tv on Saturday mornings to kidswb. This show is a lot like Teen Titans, especially the character designs, but in a way a different. You get a feel of true superheroes, not like the kid heroes (except the legion aren't alot older than the teen titans). I like how they're like teenagers, yet a little bit older. The action is cool and most of the time it leaves me in the sense of wanting more. But my favorite thing about this show is Lightning Lad, he's hot! I don't think it's fair that we don't have superpowers.
  • This show is about a union of superheroes in the 31st Century. However, with trouble brewing they go back in the past to ask for Superman's help but instead they bring a teenage Superman to the future. Together, they battle the Fatal Five and evil.

This show is very good! What's good about it is that you can relate to all the characters and there is also a lot of action and adventure. What I also like about this show is that there are a lot of heroes in the Legion, and in some episodes only a few characters appear. This makes it look much more realistic. You can also relate to the characters and they seem very realistic. Every episode has a good plot, and the show is very interesting especially when we delve into a member's past.
  • When i first heard of this Legion of Superheroes show and saw some first concept images i didn\\\'t think this would be something i\\\'d like very much. But after i watched the first episode i just had to keep watching. It\\\'s quite good!

I don\\\'t mind that they used young Superman instead of Supergirl in this. In the first episode the characters don\\\'t stand out overly much, but they get more fleshed out with each episode. The group dynamic is interesting and i\\\'m glad it wasn\\\'t a Teen titans anime expressions fest when it comes to art style.
  • The next Teen Titans!

Like Teen Titans, Legion of Super Heroes is also based on the DC comic that bears its name. Despite the look and plot, the show is very promising.

Speaking of which, Legion of Super Heroes is about a group of super-powered teenages in the future that decided, after they're unable to fight a new threat, decided to recruit Superman from the 21st century. However, they went way back in time, and instead, they bring in a young Clark Kent with them. Despite the misshap, though, they were able to recruit an ally in their cause.

It may take a while to get use to the show, but Legion of Super Heroes is yet another great animated show not to be miss.
  • A doomsday weapon is mysteriously activated.

I missed the entire first season of this show and just got around to watching the last episodes on DVD. The teaser opening of this ep suffers a bit from predictability but is nicely done. The real story begins when the team gets a distress call from an uninhabited star system where weapons of mass destruction have been stored. One of the weapons has somehow become activated. The Legion arrives just as the weapon is forcing its way out of the secured facility. The scenes where the device slips past individual members of the team are suspenseful. They discover that the device is a Sun Eater, weapon that destroys stars. It breaks into open space and promptly devours the system's star. There's another suspenseful, and eerie, scene involving a robot saboteur that cripples the Legion's ship as the Sun Eater sets a course for earth. Loved the cliffhanger.
< 1 2