Legion of Super Heroes

Sundown (1)

Aired Saturday 10:30 AM Apr 28, 2007 on The CW

• We have a slight problem...

7.7
    Don't know how I feel about this episode. A lot to take in, a lot to just accept and live with. Brainiac 5 instantly knows something again upon sight... Yeah I noticed that his vast knowledge contains stuff goes a long way back in history. Nothing we haven't seen before by now... As I said in an earlier review I wrote for this series, now B5 has exhausted himself as far as development goes and there is nothing new to add to him now. Bouncing Boy gets to play leader at last and at first he sucks candy pop! Can't get the simulator to go his way and panics too much. A lot of things he does early in this episode was just guesswork and suggestions (IE get the other Legions to just go about their ways) he really wasn't putting much thought into things. However, I could live with him acting as leader by the end of the episode, he did everything he was suppose to do and he was a lot better then Lightning Lad's "one of the boys!" approach or Cosmic Boy's "I'm the mature one!" leaderships. Whatever the event, things seemed to work out just fine whatever the case, the results were always intereasting, such see Brainiac 5 method against those other androids when he was put up to handle them by BB. You actually saw the other Legions breaking from their normal program somewhat as a result. I was expecting B5 in particulaur to try to talk to the other androids, instead he resorted to transform and show them what they were messing with which seemed a little off somewhat. The look he gave BB when he pushed him forward, that was priceless. You also feel the desperation as it builds in this episode. The Superman fight inside the ship although, that bit didn't go smoothly, the low-powered Superman bit wasn't the problem. Its the following bit where BB walked in and started off about how he decided to think about what Supe's said. That could have been handled a little less arkwardly. The cliffhanger at the ending leaves you asking for more, which is good for any two part storyline.