A Legit Community
FXX (ended 2014)

NOT TOO LEGIT TO QUIT

... Believe me, I am already kicking myself for that subhead, but it's already out there and I still haven't figured out where the backspace key is on this fancy computer box, so it's there to stay! Anyway, FX Networks confirmed today that it will not be renewing FX's animated comedy Chozen or FXX's Legit for Seasons 2 and 3, respectively. I know you're all very sad about the demise of these comedies that you probably weren't watching given their low ratings (Legit was really pretty good!), but try to keep it together at least until you're out of the public eye. What you do behind closed doors is none of our business. [FX via press release]

BUSINESS TIMES

... Former How I Met Your Mother star and current Tony Award-nominee Neil Patrick Harris revealed in an interview with Howard Stern that he had discussions with both CBS head honcho Les Moonves and network programming boss Nina Tassler about taking over the Late Show when David Letterman retires in 2015. Much to Stephen Colbert's delight, Harris wasn't intrigued by the repetitive nature of late night. He did, however, express interest in a weekly variety show. In related news: Yes, please! [Vulture]

... Rumors are swirling that Joel McHale, former Greendale student-turned-professor and current host of The Soup, might be in the running for Late Late Show hosting gig that Craig Ferguson will exit at the end of this year. Naturally, this rumor started the way all rumors start: Twitter. Julie Chen posted a photo of herself, her husband Les Moonves, and McHale very early this morning, which clearly means McHale is going to replace Craig Ferguson. It also means famous people are friendly with other famous people, and Julie Chen knows how to use the camera on her phone. [Deadline]

... You might want to go outside and double-check that the world isn't disintegrating, because The CW outperformed Fox in the ratings on Tuesday! Glee hit a new series low and was beat by the vampires, witches, and werewolves of The Originals; the musical dramedy pulled in only 1.9 million viewers and a 0.6 in the 18-to-49 demo, while Klaus and the Mikaelsons brought in 2.06 million and 0.9 rating. In the 9pm hour, Supernatural also performed better than Fox's new game show Riot, as the Winchesters and Castiel brought in 2.1 million viewers and earned a 0.9 rating. Booyah! [EW]

... Chris Rock will host this year's BET Awards, which will air live on Sunday, June 29 at 8pm on, yep you guessed it, BET. This will be Rock's first time hosting the awards. [BET via press release]

... SundanceTV has announced its next original series. Following in the complicated footsteps of Rectify and the literally huge footsteps of The Red Road's Jason Momoa is Babylon, which the network is co-producing alongside U.K. broadcaster Channel 4. Executive-produced by Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire), the series is described as a "biting workplace satire set inside a modern police force." A feature-length "pilot" aired earlier this year in the U.K. The six-episode series stars Brit Marling as an American who's brought in to "revolutionize" the public relations department of London’s police force. It will premiere on SundanceTV in 2015. [SundanceTV via press release]

... In addition to the all the new series it's debuting later this year and in 2015, TNT has several new projects in development. Anonymous, written by Chris Collins (Sons of Anarchy) and produced by Vince Vaughn, follows an ex-Special Ops soldier who discovers a worldwide cover-up that forces him to go into hiding, where he finds he's of better use helping those who cannot help themselves. There's also Breed, which is a supernatural drama (of course) that centers on a "volatile race of creatures" who are straight-up murdering a bunch of people in the Pacific Northwest. I'm starting to think Marshall Eriksen was right to never go there, because that area is full of wacky weirdos, including Tim! President X comes from super-producer Greg Berlanti (ArrowEverwoodThe Tomorrow People) and is described as a conspiracy thriller following a president who awakens from a 13-month coma to discover that the attempt on his life that put him in a coma came from within the US. No longer the prez, he uses his "Detroit-bred cunning" to investigate his own murder. The rest of TNT's new development slate can be found here. [TNT via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Naya Rivera may've been written out of Glee's Season 5 finale, but Ryan Murphy has confirmed that she WILL be back for Season 6, which will premiere on Fox in 2015. That will hopefully be plenty of time for us to forget all about the hot mess that was the Season 5 finale. [Extra]

REQUIRED READING

... Calling all fans of The West WingThe Hollywood Reporter recently sat down with series creator Aaron Sorkin and the cast of the Emmy Award-winning drama, which was greenlit at NBC 15 years ago this month. It's a pretty long interview, but it's insightful and it covers the development and casting processes, Sorkin and Tommy Schlamme's exits after Season 3, and some fun anecdotes from filming. It's worth a read for fans of the series. [THR]

OTHER RECENT STORIES YOU MAY'VE MISSED ON TV.COM

... TNT and TBS released trailers for a big crop of news shows premiering this fall and in 2015, including The Librarians, the supernatural drama Proof, the cop-spoof Angie Tribeca, and more.

... CBS released its new fall schedule and The Big Bang Theory and NCIS: LA are both moving to new nights. The network also released trailers for its new fall shows.

... The end is nigh for Two and a Half MenSeason 12 will be the series' last.

... CBS has officially said "No thanks!" to the How I Met Your Mother spin-off How I Met Your Dad.

... Most of late-night television is in flux, but Conan has been renewed through 2018.

... We broke down the good, the bad, and the ugly of ABC's 2014-2015 schedule.

... We also broke down the good, the bad, and the ugly of CBS's 2014-2015 schedule.

... Somehow Supernatural waited nine years to title an episode "Stairway to Heaven."

... Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. successfully accomplished its first mission with a solid Season 1 finale.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/14/2014

Season 2 : Episode 13

48 Comments
Comments (48)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
With Legit gone, does that mean more Garth on Supernatural? Granted, his last episode sucked, but if the CW genuinely wants to make a DECENT supernatural spinoff, Garth is a top contender for protagonist because at least he's INTERESTING. (Though DJ Qualls doesn't have the supermodel looks the men of Bloodlines had, but he does have Mr. Fizzles, who became a sensation on the internet.)
Flag
First Legit, so how long before Wilfred gets taken to the pound?
McHale doing Ferguson's spot? I doubt it. He works well as a host and actor but I can't see him doing the whole sit down with guests bit. But then as it stands, I can't see much of anyone filling Ferguson's style of show and perhaps that's the real issue for me. He's the only late night host I never miss and Christmas is going to be all the colder for his absence.
Flag
Joel McHale is awesome, I'm not sure I want to lose him as an actor to gain him as another middle-aged white guy talk show host, but if anybody has to fill the part, he has proven himself awesome there as guest on the show, and as host of Talk Soup.

Ha ha, suck it Fox, when The CW beats you it's time to go home and rethink your choices.

Chozen should never, ever have made it to air in the first place. It was terrible.

Oh boy, TNT's developing projects all sound horrendous.
Flag
Legit is a brilliant show. Cant believe some of the rubbish still on tv and quality shows get canceled all the time. It seems the less brain cells you need to watch and understand a show, the longer it lasts.
Flag
It sucks the Chozen was canceled, I enjoyed the music and voice actors a lot, plus the finale was epic. Legit wasn't my thing, I tried a bunch of episodes but things never really went anywhere.
Flag
Thanks for the West Wing article link!
Flag
Surprisingly, I watched more episodes of Legit than I did of Archer this season. Legit was the closest thing I had to a sitcom I was watching regularly and practically the only programming I've watched on FXX. Sorry to see it go, but not really surprised.
Flag
Ha! NPH was my choice (I think the only commenter on here) to take over from Letterman.

I am not shocked at all by Chozens cancellation, the promos after Archer looked dire.
Flag
WTF , why can't anything good last these days. I guess nothing gold can stay.
Flag
I too liked Chozen but the writing was on the wall when it got reduced from 13 episodes to 10. As another posted said, it was weird. And I like weird. Wonder if the other 3 episodes were made and dropped and may show up on DVD or never saw the light of day. Oh well. Already dropped it and Archer from DVR (Archer was so disappointing this year).
Flag
I'll miss Legit. Where will I get my "I'm going to Hell for laughing at this Comedy?"
Flag
good they both sucked balls anyways
Flag
Anonymous sounds like Burn Notice. Like, a lot.
Flag
Its the exact same plot for a show that ran late '80s called 'The Equalizer' that starred Edward Woodward.
Flag
Legit is (was) amazing, and shame on every person that didn't realize it. But shame on FX for putting it up against Workaholics and taking their sweet time getting the first season on to NetFlix.
Flag
I will miss both show..Chozen was weird, and i love weird. Legit got way too good this season and i will miss every character but especially Rodney, Jim's dad and even w.. i mean Bill's mom and Ramona's "seriously?!" face!!..Maybe Jim should try to Comedy central.
Flag
Legit got sooo damn good. Shi!!y Shi!!y news about 'Legit'. 'Legit' is just as funny as 'Louie', Apparently Jefferies hasn't been a suffering stand up comic long enough. The stories got real good this year and carefully tripped the line between comedy and heartfelt drama about growing up when being involved in a career where no one wants to. Bad news with this cancellation. Too bad. Great cast we'll see elsewhere soon (and continue to see a lot in other places anyway.)

'Anonymous' is the exact same plot as 'The Equalizer' (except I bet the lead is going to be a younger man). I guess you don't even have to be original on cable anymore.
Flag
The best news here is that HIMYD was passed on, and that there is FINALLY an end date for Two and a Half Men. (Which is 12 years past due).
Flag
I'll miss Legit. The good news for me was that I enjoyed tonights episode before I read this news, so I could enjoy it without knowing it was the last.
Flag
Legit was a great show--- shame on you US viewers who didn't tune in, we rely on you to keep the ratings up for decent programs! Get your act together.
Flag
We're tired of being the world's TV police. Get your own act together. :)
Flag
MORE THUMBS FOR STANKING!!! Make your own TV, other countries! OR PAY US MORE TO MAKE YOUR SHOWS!
Flag
Stop stealing our actors then.
Flag
Pay them more, and they won't be attracted to our country.
Flag
Legit was a quality show that will be missed. Unfortunately, it suffered for being on FX's bastard stepchild FXX, where decent shows go to die. FX, which has carried some of the best original programming on television for the past several years, seems totally at sea with FXX. Seriously, does anyone even know where that is on the dail? And sorry, but three or four short series comedies aren't going to create a brand. Put them back on FX where they fit and where people might actually watch them, and make FXX your rerun channel (which is already is 98% of the time).
Flag
"FX's bastard stepchild FXX, where decent shows go to die."

It's Always Sunny scored a 2 season renewal after it moved to FXX.
Flag
Exactly! If it wasn't on FXX it probably would have made it to another season... Also, did you see the promo's for this season? If you didn't already watch the show they gave you no incentive to start... FX really crapped the bed on this one.
Flag
Noooo I really liked Legit! People write it off as just raunchy, but it's very heartwarming actually. I would actually rather watch a new episode of Legit than Louie any day (but generally, I've never understood the appeal of that show, so). It also made me laugh, and I don't think I've seen any other comedy with the inclusion of so many people with different abilities.
I'm not happy about that :(.
Flag
I think I'm the most upset that we'll never get to see George Lazenby playing Jim's dad anymore. And 'Rodney', I'm going to miss the hell out of Nick Daley's Rodney'.
Flag
Whoa! Glee's ratings are really sucking balls! I bet someone at FOX is getting spanked for giving it a sixth season.
Flag
Thanks for that West Wing link.
Flag
You say Legit is cancelled, yet I haven't blacked out and woken up covered in blood that isn't mine.
Flag
I considered trying legit but never got around to it.

Gotta try and find this Babylon pilot. and The Red Road I thought was a crapfest while Rectify very solid, hopefully Babylon appeals to my interest.

I've reluctantly watched Glee since the beginning. I've enjoyed the dancing and the occasional song but mostly just the characters. moving Glee to new york effectively cut the talent I had an interest in probably at least in half. it also brought an increased focus on storylines and characters I had n interest in. I've already let all episodes post lima build up and the knowledge that santana wouldn't be in the finale gave me one less reason to catch up. it's interesting that apparently a good chunk of Glee's audience isn't too happy with the show either.
Flag
Gave up on Chozen after like the third episode but Legit was really good. and yet another of my shows ends up getting the Ned Stark treatment.
Flag
Noooooooo! not Legit:-&
I stopped reading after I read that
Flag
Julie Chen posted a photo of herself, her husband Les Moonves, and McHale very early this morning, which clearly means McHale is going to replace Craig Ferguson.

It could also mean Julie Chen is going to replace Craig Ferguson. Don't put it past Les.
Flag
I think Geoff and Secretariat would murder suicide.
Flag
That would be a friggin' coup! An asian, female late night host on network? That'd be a big friggin' deal, no matter who she is married to. But she has The Talk and Big Brother, she's probably too busy to do Late Late Show.
Flag
Sorkin and Schlamme left after season 4

And thanks for glee half-spoiler :(
Flag
I don't think announcing that an actress on a show will return next season counts as a spoiler. That's called entertainment news. TV.COM is gonna do that from time to time.
Flag
It was the 'being written out of the season finale' bit. I also said half-spoiler
Flag
That "being written out" bit has been all over the news - print, TV, online - for over 3 weeks. That's not even close to being a spoiler.
Flag
I can let them skate on the naya news because I actually caught it from a yahoo.com headline the first time around. it wasn't a story decision it was some behind the scenes something.
Flag
FAAAAARK. Two of my favorite shows gone in the space of a week :(
Flag
Follow this Show
Members