Let's Make A Deal (1963)

NBC (ended 2003)

Let's Make A Deal (1963) Fan Reviews (5)

• This is such a funny show! The people get so excited and it is just unintentionally funny!

It is soo funny when the show starts and you see all the people dressed in their costumes that they made. It looks like Halloween again! Then when they have all of the games and they get so excited and then they choke/freeze. My favorite part of the show is the last part of which they have the 3 doors. They are all fabulous prizes but you want to get the door with the most value. The one who picks it gets a prize. There are 2 couple and thus if they pick the 2 others and the one left is not picked they have a really sad face. But everyone loves a game show--especially when they win.
  • Monty Hall was an impressive host

I watched the original run of LMAD as a teenager from 1971 through 1977. Now that those old shows are on BUZZR in 2015, I notice how quick witted Monty Hall was. He pretty much ad-libbed the entire show. The guy thought so fast, and kept track of so much, that's it's obvious how great he was. Although I also notice that he was too grabby with the single women contestants. That wouldn't happen now, and rightly so.
  • lets make a deal

I just watched lets make a deal. They had a game on it called no complaining with three contestants. I think that game was unfair. The first girl lost 3,000.00 then a nice trip and ended up with a zonk. I know Wayne offered her 1.300.00, but that still seemed unfair. It was like she did not have a chance for anything really nice like the other contestants, because she was picked first.
  • Best. Gameshow. Ever.

People dressed up in bizarre clothing go on Let's Make A Deal to get rewarded for doing nothing. What they get is based on luck. This is my favorite gameshow - I'm not sure why, it just is. I'm only 16, but I love seeing all the old stuff advertised and sold on this show. I don't know why this show has such low ratings - it's really fun to watch. Sadly, though, It's only on GSN at 2 AM (EST) on Friday and Saturday, or something like that - at least it's on TV still! One of the best shows ever.
  • One of the best game show of television history.

One of the best game show of television history. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.