The 10 Li'l Grifters Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 03, 2011 on TNT

If TV episodes could somehow make ESPN SportsCenter's "Not Top 10" this would do it.

I was intrigued when we started to see what the episode was going to be about: a murder mystery party, but it just got out of hand way too fast. Not that twists and turns are bad, when used correctly they can be an excellent storytelling device, but this episode was just horribly scripted. It was awkward, there was no comedy, and the story was just really weak, and that's ignoring the fact that they convinced a room of adults that a dead body was a dummy.

Leverage's fourth season is not off to a great start. Weak story, just a throwaway episode tonight.
  • Disregarding cannon

In my opinion one of the worst episodes of Leverage. Parker seemed to be the only one who unequivocally believed Nate when he said he didn't murder the mark. The rest of the team were kind of jerks about it. I guess it was supposed to be funny, but to me it fell flat. I mean you trust this guy with your life but you don't trust him when he says he didn't kill someone. It's not like he despised the guy. He had no real reason to kill him so why is the team so adamant that he did. You know what else didn't make sense. Its season 4 and Eliot suddenly doesn't know how to grift? Weak, weak, weak. Its like whoever wrote this saw the first few episodes of the series and then stopped. It is cannon that Eliot can grift and quite well when needed. This episode was a mess which was a shame because the premise was so good.