Leverage

The Big Bang Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Dec 19, 2010 on TNT

• Eliot's past comes in handy

I LOVED this episode, it was really heavy on plot and action while maintaining the comedic undertones. The Italian woman was annoying as always but it seemed that her true motives and purpose would come to light. Eliot was by far the best part of the episode and he pulled off all of his dramatic scenes off perfectly while creating a large amount of sympathy. His scene with the guns was amazing even in all of its ridiculousness and when he ripped his shirt off at the end when helping Nate out it was the perfect action scene. Parker and Hardison were great together in the episode as well.
    It was a great episode that led into the finale perfectly.

Leverage aired its two hour season finale tonight and part one was not exactly the most riveting episode of the thief show that I have ever seen. The hour was way too political and seemed more like some propaganda from the Reagan campaign than a good episode of dramatic television. It had all of the elements of Leverage: some action, some stealing, and a cliffhanger (mandatory for ultimate or penultimate episodes) but I just never really got into the storyline enough to really care about what happened.
    This gets a 6/10 from me, not bad, but not something to truly rave about.