Leverage

The Double-Blind Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 11, 2010 on TNT

• Good episode.

Great episode of Leverage that really showed what this show is about: a group of Robin Hood like heroes taking down big corporate business and helping the little guy. The villain of the week was a greedy pharmaceutical company that was willing to lose 2.5 billion in lawsuits because of their unbelievable profits, but Nate and Team Leverage caused them to lose everything in this well-done installment from start to finish. This really was the show personified as you had Eliot in a different role than he is accustomed to (although you did still get your Eliot beatdown of the week) and you had another tease of the relationship between Parker and Hardison.

One of the best so far this season for sure and another homerun for what is without question TNT's best television show.
  • Good episode

I liked this episode. First of all, I think that Parker's jealousy was hilarious. When she broke the beer bottle while watching Hardison and the girl I was cracking up. And during the client meeting when she pulled up a chair, you could almost see exactly what she was thinking. And when Hardison told her that the "pretzels" were right there whenever she wanted them, it was so sweet. I must say, however, that I'm not sure how I liked the new Nathan Ford. In all honesty I wish they would have just ended the whole drinking problem thing awhile ago, because now it just has no meaning in the show. He's ok, but he's not. Its just annoying. And I felt like he was making real progress with getting closer with the others, but now it seems like he's backtracked. I mean Elliot was obviously pissed at him for scaming them, even though it was to protect them, but they never went anywhere with that. Nate just said "Elliot are we ok?" and Elliot didn't reply, but the next episode it was like it never happened.. I kind of wanted to see Elliot actually stick up for them but he just let it go which was surprising to me, since his character isn't the baking down type..
  • A reckless Nete and a new side of Parker...

Once again, Leverage brought a fun, interesting, and worthwhile episode. The fact that the case was so close to home with Nate was cool. However, I wasn't sure if Nate's reckless decisions throughout this episode were due to his ability to relate to the case, or that he was drinking. His proclamation in the first episode of the season about being a "drunk thief" made me feel like his common sense was deteriorating ever since.

Meanwhile, Parker's newfound jealousy of Hardison and the female client was intriguing. For a while I thought that Hardison's feelings weren't reciprocated, but this episode turned the tables. The end had me fooled that they would actually admit their feelings, but I guess I was wrong. Hopefully Parker's feelings aren't ingnored, but addressed in future episodes. Some television shows forget to continue sub-plot storylines. Overall, good episode. Can't wait for the next!
  • Taking down big business

I was not the biggest fan of the overall message of this episode which showed big corporations as nothing but souless machines looking for a big payday with no thought to who is hurt or dies, but the interactions of the team more than made up for it. Parker being jealous throughout the episode finally addressed the tension between her and Hardison and their last scene together addressed how he understands they aren't going to have the most normal relationship because of her past and the way that she acts. Nate and Sophie continued their struggle to find away to work together and ignore their inevitable relationship by her continuing to chastise his refusal to change and his attachment to the past.
    My favorite part of the episode however was the conversation between Eliot and Hardison after he was worn out from 'walking the freedom trail' since I'm from Boston its nice to see them reference all the local aspects and Eliot was just hilarious.
MNT