Leverage

The Long Way Down Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jun 26, 2011 on TNT

"The Long Way Down Job" had a lot of potential, but I feel that they really dropped the ball with this episode. Not enough focus on the mountain, the altitude, the avalanche, things like that, and too much attention on the intricacy of the con. People watch CSI for those details, but with Leverage we already know we're going to get the explanation at the end so I'd rather see some innovative things along the way than a structured plot.

It wasn't just that they misused the mountain as the con itself was pretty dull. I'm glad to have Leverage back after six months on hiatus, but this was a disappointment. Too CBS for my liking, and not as fun and light-hearted as I had hoped for.
  • Season Premiere

Season Premiere of season 4. Whilst some episodes have seemed to be stupid or just had some aspect of them that are totally unbelievable this episode had none of it and touched the heart of veiwers.

Sophie had a hard role of playing like 5 different parts and wasn't able to change outfits or anything and did an outstanding job. As for Hardison, he did an amazing job under difficult circumstances.

What really touched me was Eliot's speech to Parker when they were trapped. It was a nice speech and he seeemd genuine about it all. "It makes us... us." and he was right in syaing that the others would have kept trying and frozen to death.

Parker seemed to have a change of character and seems a lot more grown up and in tune with the world - she's developed and grown as a character and it was nice to see it reflected in this particular episode, with her speech about doing the right thing.

The only thing I didn't really like - was the fact that Nate was staggering around like he was drunk - I just thought it was a little bit over the top, even though I know what altitude sickness can do to someone.

The ending was really nice - the team back together, having dinner as one. A really nice ending - and the thing about the bugs was a great lead into the season.

All in all, a very strong, positive start, and can not wait for the next episode!!