Leverage

The Lost Heir Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Sep 09, 2009 on TNT

• Good episode.

7.7
    Just last week I wrote that Gina Bellman should be replaced on the show, and it looks like, for the time being that will happen by a better acting, and easier on the eyes Jeri Ryan. Instantly her character showed more personality and was more intriguing than Sophie was over the first 20+ episodes.

This was a good episode. Yeah, it had the same plot as every other one: the gang takes the case, they think they figured out a way, things backfire, but their second plan comes through, but it was still an enjoyable hour of TV.

Good move by TNT to save the rest of the second season for later this year though as it would definitely get lost in the shuffle of all the new and returning shows.
  • The best episode I've seen so in season 2! Nate shows us just how sharp he is.

This episode is awesome! it shows us how quick and sharp Nate is. The perfect mastermind indeed. Although I agree that Sophie should be gone from the team since she has her mind out of the game, but I didn't expect that she send someone to replace her. It just felt stupid. they do need a grifter but what team Leverage really need is Sophie. Now, that Tara or something is the team's grifter, I think the team would have a problem since she's all about the money and the con and not about helping people. i'm hoping season 2 would reach till episode 22 instead of just the 13 episodes shown in the guide so far.
  • The team helps a woman who's charity has been given money by a rich man who had changed his will to leave her the money. His attorney gets in the way and becomes sole executor and controls the money. We get to see the short term replacement for Sophie.

Peter Riegert is great as the personal attorney to Bennett Kimball a multi-millionaire who passed away recently. Riegert plays Peter Blanchard who's sole purpose is to secure those millions for himself as Kimball had no living heir.

Enter Ruth Walton played by Anna Campbell. Ruth runs a charity to help foster children having been one herself. Blanchard keeps Walton away from Kimball so in the end the new will that has been drawn up does not see the light of day.

Nate and the team must right this wrong. So they decide to help this women. Nate has asked Sophie to come back but refuses to admit that he needs her himself. Unbeknownst to them she sends in a short term replacement, Jeri Ryan as Tara Carlisle.

We don't get to see much out of Tara this first episode as she is playing it straight, but rest assured she fools everyone into thinking something. Ruth thinks she's with Nate and Nate thinks she's Ruth's attorney. I do think the scene at the end with her introduction was a little short but the time just wasn't there.

The case this week was well done with some good little pitfalls like Nate having to make up a story which turns out to be true and the paid cop trying to shoot Nate and Parker. Unlike some of the more current episodes these were all well prepared disasters or something which they could talk there way out of. For example it was just common sense to have Eliot watching the drop so that if something went wrong he'd be there. Luckily the cop was a bad shot!

I liked the twist at the end with Ruth as it made the changing of the will and Kimball giving her all his money much more believable. Great episode! Too bad we have to wait till January for more Leverage. Thanks for reading...