The Scheherazade Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jun 27, 2010 on TNT

After a good first hour to TNT's 2 hour Leverage event, the second episode is more of the same. It was not the worst cable show on Sunday night (that awful Hung takes that award) but this was far from great. I think the problem is that the writers just cannot come up with any interesting scenarios for these characters. The formula of them breaking in, getting caught, but still saving the day works, but when you don't have a meaningful storyline to go along with it, you are setting yourself up for disaster. Leverage has built up five unique and entertaining characters, but they can only entertain so much when the writing is weak.
  • Had the same humor and far-fetched plotlines we all love

This episode proved to be a solid follow-up to the very entertaining "Inside Job." It had the same humor and far-fetched plotlines we all love. While the whole "foreign country corruption" thing has been done often, Leverage put a spin on it by having Hardison become the hero, playing a violin solo.

I also liked the episode for continuing the "Damien Moreau" season-long storyline by having the Italian lady from the first episode of this season reappear. Nate's new hypnosis ability should be interesting, and also should come in handy in future jobs. All in all, good episode. Can't wait or the next!
  • Hardison save the day...kinda

This episode was great because it had a very first season feel (which was my favorite season) because it gave one of the team members a chance to shine. The hallucination bit was a little odd, but that is what I have come to expect from the team. Hardisons solo was great, but at the time I was fooled like Parker into thinking he somehow used technology to play the song. The expressions on the rest of the teams faces during the solo was great. Especially Eliot who was straight shocked and Sophie was playing mama bear as usual which was great.
    For overall plot development, the presence of the Italian woman added to the drama but I was not sure if they were going for that sexual tension between her and Nate because that would be way too much drama for Sophie/Nate which they touched upon in this episode. The last scene between the two was nice, but continued the perpetual stall they seem to have on their relationship.