Leverage

The Stork Job

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jan 06, 2009 on TNT

• I'm really hooked on this show..... it just keeps getting better.

Overall, I thought this episode was really exciting and well scripted. I was kinda worried about the scenario of "taking over" a movie set that I heard about prior to watching, but they really made it work. Sophy was just way to funny on set, especially her death scene. I thought how they combined the arms dealer and the orphanage was really believable. But I think one of the best things brought out of this episode was a softer side of Parker. She always tries to be the "tough chick" but I saw strength in those tears she showed us. I also loved how the team supported her but didn't make a big deal as well as seeing a protective side to Ardison. Can't wait for next week....
  • This show is really starting to come into its own.

7.3
    I wrote off this show initially but Leverage is quickly turning out to be one of the biggest surprises of the 2008-2009 season. TNT is really putting together a great arsenal of shows as I cannot wait for Trust Me and the upcoming Ray Romano joint to hit the airwaves.

In this Leverage episode we saw L Headquarters attempt to rescue a child from a fake orphanage/weapons ring. We had some funny moments along the way such as mocking Sophie's inability to act, Nate pretending to be an egotistical director and Parker stabbing the client with a fork.

But outside of all the cheesy 90's style acting there was a good story at heart. The viewer really grew to hate the villains and love the Leverage crew. I once referred to them as a group of misfits, but not anymore. They're truly likable and unique characters and I look forward to their antics each and every week.